The online racing simulator
Really obvious stuff....
(180 posts, started )
Quote from 91mason91 :if ur using opera or maybe other browsers if u hold right click and the left click u go forward a page and if u hold left click and the right click u go back.

never knew that untill i was bored this morning and i started to fiddle with my mouse.

It's called Mouse Gestures
There are many more actually, you can see them all here:
http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/gestures/
I use almost all of them, it's very useful.
Quote from Bean0 :Alt+PrintScrn screenshots the active window only.

That is one of the most useful things I've ever read on this forum. Awesome!
Quote from Bean0 :
Alt+PrintScrn screenshots the active window only.

WOW, I never realised that! Awesomeness...
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from Velociround :LOL! It took me a while to realize too.
"The mankind went to the Moon for the first time. Oh, wait, is that the moon in the sky?"

I even brightened my screen to see if there was something hidden and noticed how the moon looked like it was cut & pasted (slightly darker background colour) to the picture... but still didn't get it.
I know a girl that, until last year, actually thought unicorns exist. Her words were, "I knew the magical powers were fake, but I thought they lived somewhere . . . like in Montana . . . or something."
MONTANA!!!?!?!!! ZOMG i go hunting!!!
oh, i just noticed (after 2 years) that my van's sliding door has a reflector, red reflector on white...
I just noticed the New Era logo is NE and not some random stripes. Awesome.
In Opera, hold the right on the mouse and use the scrool wheel to switch between tabs
There is no upload ammount limit for pictures or files on LFS Forum. All you have to do is upload 4 files at a time.
First select 4 files, then upload them. Wait until it finishes uploading, select another 4 files, upload and repeat until you're satisfied with the ammount of files you're sending to the forum.

I'm saying that because it sometimes seems as people just don't know about this (e.g.: people making double posts for sending more than 4 pictures)
And I think it's "Really obvious stuff...."
#62 - Jakg
Your limited to 12 files by that way, though...
Quote from Jakg :Your limited to 12 files by that way, though...

I didn't know about that, but it's still a lot better than having a new doubled post each 4 files, don't you agree?
For some fun, presst ctrl+alt+ any of the cursors to tilt the screen in that direction.
#65 - Jakg
Only works on Intel GFX cards I believe.
Plus our crappy Dell school PCs have log off/restart/shutdown/sleep mapped to those key combos for some odd reason
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Plus our crappy Dell school PCs have log off/restart/shutdown/sleep mapped to those key combos for some odd reason

That's due to the fact that school networks are always administrated by a skinny drop-out IT guy that uses cumbersome and inexplicable methods nobody ever taught him. He probably also uses Caps lock instead of Shift and uses his whole desk for his mouse as he never figured out to lift the mouse up while dragging an icon to the recycle bin on the bottom right corner of his desktop.

Trust me, I've seen too many of them.
Quote from (SaM) :That's due to the fact that school networks are always administered by a skinny drop-out IT guy that uses cumbersome and inexplicable methods nobody ever taught him. He probably also uses Caps lock instead of Shift.

QFT
Amazingly true We also have a server that takes up the size of a small car, yet does nothing other than the same as a couple of 20-port switches
We got a room of geeks/nerds that do their job really well. Theres about 5 of them and they do all the technical stuff, from stobe lights at School Drama plays to blocking websites, running school website, running all the school intranet/internet, maintaining around 200 Macs and setting up the 50 new laptops the school gets per year. The school sells the old ones dirt cheap, although they have school details imprinted incase of theft. Still, £100 for a Macbook can't be too bad, can it?
I remember the "IT guys" at my old school would click "search" or "ok" or whatever, instead of hitting enter. What annoys me is that any one of us rather geeky kids could probably manage a small to medium size school network, more safely, more securely, more practically, and probably a damn sight more efficiently than these 'trained and qualified IT experts" could ever do.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I remember the "IT guys" at my old school would click "search" or "ok" or whatever, instead of hitting enter. What annoys me is that any one of us rather geeky kids could probably manage a small to medium size school network, more safely, more securely, more practically, and probably a damn sight more efficiently than these 'trained and qualified IT experts" could ever do.

I know, it physically pains me to see the way some of the hardware is treated. It's also possibly THE most unsecured network of any school, ever. I logged into one of the routers using the default linksys username and password (Admin/password), and was able to unWEP the wifi, giving public access to the school's entire server, which has private student info, disciplinary records, the works. I was going to show it to one of the IT guys (hey, my records are there too!), but I figured it'd be easier to fix it myself
Seems like there's some serious security leaks there Rob.

Bloody baskets, I tell you. Thing is, these schools wouldn't dare employ us because we're not 'officially qualified'. Where on earth do these guys get these qualifications anyway? Ebay, perhaps?
I imagine they're taught like kids at school; using word and spreadsheets.

I imagine that learning with a uni, is a bit like school, where it's always a slow process they take you through, and it's very basic.

Occasionally at school you'd meet an IT teacher, who really knew there stuff and in thruthleness wanted to teach children they can actually use computers for, something worth learning.
Catford and Twickenham are real towns.

Really obvious stuff....
(180 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG