The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
rfactor is somewhat fun, depends on mods. bur iracing is too coslty for me, a person who taakes this game like a sunday fun drive
Quote from chavm481 :rfactor is somewhat fun, depends on mods. bur iracing is too coslty for me, a person who taakes this game like a sunday fun drive

downloading rfactor demo right now.
i hope it works on my shitty computer.
Quote from chavm481 :rfactor is somewhat fun, depends on mods. bur iracing is too coslty for me, a person who taakes this game like a sunday fun drive

Indeed, i was pretty anti-rF myself, but when i discovered BMW E90 320si , and did a little skin for that, then mounted safety car lights with a bit modded textures and result is that : http://www.c4racing.net/Kirill/?dir=rf (look the pictures).

It's quite a fun doing chases on Nordschleife or Lienz where we have opened all roads. :P

Both skins Megane's and BMW's police is made by me =).

But i don't like rF's FF and overall i will still stick to LFS, rF is for fun , atleast for me.
overall, it feels too tight and controlled. lfs is open and free.

Too tight....too controlled.... that is just ridiculous.

20 cars and 7 tracks....talk about tight and controlled!
Pain-less, i agree with You on that. rF is really too kind of ... controlled. Car is hooked to tarmac and then You just enter the curve nothing happens, nothing happens, *BOOM*, slides away and that's it ...

I think that rF's handling on corners and ff is a bit lame. It doesn't give You the real feel. For example in LFS i know well, when my car is starting to slide. In rF i discover it only when i'm already somewhere on the roof ...
its tight controlled to me. lfs you can slide, roll, scrape, hit, it dosnt feel like chucking a brich against a wall... rfactor drift is very wierd compares to the light glide feeling from lfs.
Quote from XCNuse :well you cant really compare LFS with anything since the fact that its not even a completed game.

lol the only thing u can compare lfs to is reality & acuality + if u can virtually create drfit bible. that just goes to show how much more better this game is even though its not completed so lfs vs RF i'll lfs because i bought a g25 n rfactor came with it so i tried it out i'll admit i liked it but @ the end of the day i delted it n went back to lfs.
There are some people that think rFactor is the be all and end all. Equally, there are some people that think LFS is the same.

Just leave them to it as you can't convince them either side to think differently.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :There are some people that think rFactor is the be all and end all. Equally, there are some people that think LFS is the same.

Just leave them to it as you can't convince them either side to think differently.

Finally some sence out of your mouth
Some people just don't want to, and therfor no matter how much you say or prove to them, they will firmly stand on theyr cause.
Quote from The Very End :Finally some sence out of your mouth
Some people just don't want to, and therfor no matter how much you say or prove to them, they will firmly stand on theyr cause.

Yes I have both games and I am a liker of both both have their downsides and upsides.

Rfactor feelwise is bit weird againts LFS takes getting used to but some mods are pretty neat and fun.

LFS is great in feel but has a very heavy lag in updates and contend.
And the roadcars have way to advanced setups IMO.they should lock some option intirely.
I mean adjustibal rebound on roadcars shocks WTH and camber adjusting....

Rfactor has a unmacthhed amount of contend the closest thing is actualy GT4(numbers of cars and tracks)
But most of the time cominity contend is weird and feels weird with way to short line between grip and totally out of control.

LFS great multyplayer althow now its seems to die a bit.

Rfactor crap multiplayer if you go on open race servers(rammming wrecking you name it they do it)

Rfactoor good setup option most of the roadcar mods have limted setups as it should be shame it feels weird becaus the phycis look good in replays from what I do to cotrol the car the physcis behind the weird force feedback feel are not bad.

@Kirill.D

Thats becaus I think most of the modders have no idea what real phycis are or have never driven a car on a race track.
I'd suggest you try ssome neals mods but I have my stering wheel at 360 degrees that seems to do the trick a fair amount to
Is the VLN 2007 mod illegal? I can only find it at one place, and all the other links have bene taken down.

the historix mod is great, as i mentioned before. FFB is very good w/ real feel + the modified controller.ini force feedback settings. The corvette is good as well. I'm looking forward to the Supra Mk IV! If only I could somehow get in on the testing of that car...
Quote from The Very End :Finally some sence out of your mouth

Ok shemale!
Quote :as i mentioned before. FFB is very good w/ real feel + the modified controller.ini force feedback settings.

Yeh, it really depends on the quality of the modelers creating the mod's.

If you look at the latest CTDP 06, F1 mod, with a modified ini, realfeel and leo it is simply amazing quality of feedback. Way beyond the scope of LFS's limited FFB options. We brought 10 licenses for our team members and it takes some time to set the controller's (there is limitless options) up for sure but once they understood, it is simply another higher level to be honest.

This doesnt apply to all of the mod's for sure, but some are incredible in design depth and quality. Some are crap. This is always the same with open software.

LFS scores very highly in many area's, such as netcode, ''get in and driveability'' without much set up expertise or understanding. Plenty of quality in the demo, etc. For these reasons, its ideal for newcomers to sim racing as it for sure makes things easy. For those seeking more, certain mods in rF can provide.

I think LFS could take some of those things, the real suspension modelling, the quality of FFB (dont flame, as all the experienced LFS drivers we got licenses for, even multi WR holders say the same, despite the weird feeling to begin with) and more accurate Aerodynamics as this would advance LFS racing a lot.

-Maz
rFactor has better Netcode, better sounds, and it is opened for modding, which can be good or not.

After 2 or 3 years, good mods started to come, and now, great works such as Historic GT and Real Feel has given a new level to this simulator.

ISI is a team that, like LFS team, usually do participate in foruns and give answers to the crowd.

Some features of rFactor are just a matter of taste, but for me, a few canned effects, are welcome, such as cockpit's vibration.

LFS has better (much better) FFB, better online experience (not due the netcode, but the resources, like changing cars, inside the same session), and the closed code can be seen as an advantage under some aspects.

I think both are great works, and both has lessons to teach, and the perfect world would be a joining of the best features of each one, and other sims too.

I have a large HD, so I can afford with both and the other good sims in the market (iRacing, NKP and Simbin titles).
Quote from bbman :Sensible words? From YOU?!?!?! Has hell frozen over?

Buy a thick coverlet for you bro
Quote from Speed Soro :rFactor has better Netcode, better sounds, and it is opened for modding, which can be good or not.

After 2 or 3 years, good mods started to come, and now, great works such as Historic GT and Real Feel has given a new level to this simulator.

ISI is a team that, like LFS team, usually do participate in foruns and give answers to the crowd.

Some features of rFactor are just a matter of taste, but for me, a few canned effects, are welcome, such as cockpit's vibration.

LFS has better (much better) FFB, better online experience (not due the netcode, but the resources, like changing cars, inside the same session), and the closed code can be seen as an advantage under some aspects.

I think both are great works, and both has lessons to teach, and the perfect world would be a joining of the best features of each one, and other sims too.

I have a large HD, so I can afford with both and the other good sims in the market (iRacing, NKP and Simbin titles).

I'm sorry i have to disagree where you say that rFactor has better netcode and better sounds. although the sounds are "nice", they're not informative and sometimes feels.. weird.
But for the rest, i kind of agree =D
I find the graphics on rFactor similar level to that of LFS. Sounds are really depending on the mod/car you are using. Frankly, I prefer the LFS sounds since they're fully customizable, which is a nice (and fun! feature).

TBH, I think that all rFactor has to show LFS that it shouldn't open up to modders.

:hide: No flamez pliz!
I can't really listen to the "music" that you all always say about LFS sounds. This feedback doesn't touch me in fact.

I rather prefer the thicker sounds of rFactor, but I think it is just a matter of taste.

And I think the netcode of rFactor is better, because it is more stable. I am rarely dropped from rF servers, and barely can see anyone losing conection, while in LFS I can't see the same performance.

Do you play rFactor, by the way?
I've played it at my freinds house.

Then again, who wants to disconnect to change car.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
TBH, I think that all rFactor has to show LFS that it shouldn't open up to modders.

:hide: No flamez pliz!

Well, yes and no. There are a lot of crap rFactor mods but on the other hand there are quite a few outstanding ones as well.

I think the excellent ones far outweigh the crap. Besides, they only open up more choices, which seems to be limited in LFS.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I've played it at my freinds house.

Then again, who wants to disconnect to change car.

Yeah thats crazy design problem. And if you do server its the same thing if you want to change car series.Its a little bugy but in the end it can be fun with some mates online.
The modifications would be too easy to control.
The own community would say if it is good or not, but LFS team could define a small group of colaborators to analize and approve the mod, so just those really good mods, would reach the market.

rFactor has great tracks, cars and addons made by the community, and many of them deserve respect at high level.

There are people who expend more than 2 years working in a mod before release.

A mod like Hystoric GT is a show. It is a complete game, and, along with Real Feel Plugin, it is enough reason to buy the rFactor.

S14Drift said "Then again, who wants to disconnect to change car. "...

Well, that is boring, but at least you can choose between Megane and Porsche, and all other 232, almost all based on real cars, which causes better conection with the reality, one of the thing we look for in the simulation...

just in case, I barely play rFactor, and I prefer LFS too, even with its lacks...
Thing is, only about 10 of those 232 cars actually handle somewhat realistically!

I'd rather take 15 decently modelled cars with good physics, then 200+ cars with average ones!

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG