The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
what mod are you using? i don't get that at all, unless its because i use realfeel
Quote from evilpimp :Just a quick question.

Is it normal that my steering wheel kinda turns a little (the force) when getting to a corner? Like when im on the corner it kinda turns by itself a little. Is it to simulate the tilt of the track?

I think the default FFB settings do that when you put a wheel on a kerb if you set them to "Full". It's some canned effect and you can adjust how much it pulls in the controller.ini (which is ridiculous) - all that crap all goes away if you set the effects to "Low".
Quote from bbman :Considering the mess they made with the Euskadi, I'm not really excited about it anymore...

Well, mess is a good word here. They did hell of a job with the sounds. I'll never insult sample based engine sounds again after hearing and driving the Euskadi. The graphics are nice as well.

The tires are quite difficult yeah. It takes a bit of setup work to get over it. I thought it's more of a challenge. But the worst thing is the way some of the Enduracers team members deal with people on rsc forums. When some people give constructive feedback, they just get called ****s who can't drive at all. That's what causes the mess imo. It's interesting to see how Enduracers' work continues. At least this was the mod which made me purchase rFactor.
Quote from evilpimp :Just a quick question.

Is it normal that my steering wheel kinda turns a little (the force) when getting to a corner? Like when im on the corner it kinda turns by itself a little. Is it to simulate the tilt of the track?

I'm having a bit of difficulty sticking to the racing line cuz of that :S

Set the FF strength to a negative number in rfactors options
I have just reloaded rfactor back on my pc, and I think the biggest problem with the game is you can't just jump in and drive and enjoy it.
Without mods and a lot of tweaking to get some feel and feedback this game becomes a chore.
There's a lot of people out there that don't have the patience to frig around with a wheel's ini file or and mods to make the game work well. LFS is a hell of a lot better in this respect. I have a mate who isn't into computers and love his racing but he would have thrown his wheel through the monitor in the first 5 mins if he had to setup this game. IMO they should have got the hands on right so you could enjoy the drive straight out of the box. This is the only grumble I have about the game.
Quote from JJ72 :Rfactor isn't anywhere near a system hog?

At least I can run 70AI on lemans with no problem, there's quite a performance leap with the 1.25.5 patch and multi-core enabled.

I have a relatively old laptop, 1.6 pentium M, 1.5gb ram, and an nvidia 5200. On medium settings, LFS gives me 120fps max, I average about 70fps online. Full grid @ SO6 is about 30-40fps. In rfactor, I have to play @ 800x600, everything set to low, shadows off, I get 10fps at Monaco. Limerock will yield closer to 40fps with 10 or 12 cars. It seems to me that rFactor might not be a complete hog when it comes to system resources, but LFS runs smoother by leaps and bounds for me.
Thanks for the tips, I have set the FFB to a negative value and gotten a DFP setup for the FFB in the player file in the UserData or watever. I will try to put the FFB effects to LOW I think that is what's doing it. I have it at FULL right now and its probably one of those dodgy effects :S.

Thanks for the help

P.S : I have realfeel
Quote from evilpimp :Thanks for the tips, I have set the FFB to a negative value and gotten a DFP setup for the FFB in the player file in the UserData or watever. I will try to put the FFB effects to LOW I think that is what's doing it. I have it at FULL right now and its probably one of those dodgy effects :S.

Thanks for the help

P.S : I have realfeel

yes putting the effects on LOW is the right choice. unfortunately it isn't possible to turn them off. you wouldn't have any feedback at all then. those are the integrated ISI-Effects, that aren't produced by realfeel.

for those, who have trouble tweaking realfeel: Imho the setup used in the historix mod manual is also really good for other mods. the manual is available in different languages on this page http://www.rfactorcentral.com/ ... GT%20%26%20Touring%20Cars and is quiet easy to understand. you don't need to use the 900° for the g25 to have good effects.

there is also a section with realfeel user recommendations on rf-central. maybe you want to check them out:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/controller/realfeel.cfm
I downloaded and tried rFactor coupel days ago as well, it's just darn scary and useless :]

LFS for the win, thanks to developers.

By the way if you want a little change try downloading GT Legends demo You should enjoy it.
Well, you've made a few mistakes. 1st, the default cars are garbage. rFactor is a game designed to be run with mods. There are some great mods like the Historix GT and Touring Car Mod.

Well.. I think thata rFactor is a very, very nice GAME. And realistic! Nice graphic...

But LFS is SIMULATION! The End!
Quote from Gabkicks :Well, you've made a few mistakes. 1st, the default cars are garbage. rFactor is a game designed to be run with mods. There are some great mods like the Historix GT and Touring Car Mod.

Exactly what I was thinking.

The rFactor demo is ass-tacular and i consider it a poor representation at best of the Sim.

I don't care for rFactor really at all. But the mods is were it's at with the rFactor title for sure. It is what it is and it serves it's purpose well.

Still, you probably won't see me playing it.
That's basically what it comes down to for me, rFactor is a game. It looks great IMO, but I spend more time in rFactor trying to set up and tweak Real Feel properly than I do actually racing. If tracks like Lemans and the 'Ring weren't available, it'd never see the light of day...
i use rfactor more as a spectating tool, than to race in! some mods and ai racing is just that good
1gb has an estimated time of about 8 hours to download on my horrible connection. Bugger that! Ill stick with what i know, SoD (carmageddon2 mod) and LFS.
Does somebody know, how i can play the demo of rFactor again? The 60 minutes have ran out and i was playing with an old graphics card, wich sucked. Recently i got a new graphics card and want to know if rFactor runs properly, since my processor is still old.
I think after the 60 minutes of the full trail version, it goes to the demo, with nurburging and bf107
So, everyone says "the demo is garbage compared to the mods. It's made for modding and that is where it shines."

So, if the demo is garbage, how exactly do you try out rFactor? I'm not about to pay money for something that I haven't "tried" if trying the demo is not representative of the product.

Also, what is different with the download of rFactor today compared to maybe a year ago? I have the rFactor demo downloaded and it is 705 MB. A post above states 1 GB.

I gave GTR and GTL a fair try. LFS runs at 80 FPS with all graphics maxed, AA/AF, and 3rd party high resolution textures. GTR and GTL dumbed down to DX7, 800x600 resolution, and all graphics options at minimum runs 5-7 FPS.

I would like to give rFactor a fair try.
Quote from mrodgers :I gave GTR and GTL a fair try. LFS runs at 80 FPS with all graphics maxed, AA/AF, and 3rd party high resolution textures. GTR and GTL dumbed down to DX7, 800x600 resolution, and all graphics options at minimum runs 5-7 FPS.

I would like to give rFactor a fair try.

i cant even get a decent fps with 10 cars in lfs maxxed out, yet i can get about 60 cars maxxed out gfx and on 1970 lemans track. thats with a stable enough fps to where i can enjoy some spectating from the stands.
Quote from Stefani24 :I think after the 60 minutes of the full trail version, it goes to the demo, with nurburging and bf107

Umm, no, at least i've not discovered any "play" button.
You can still play with mods on the rF demo. I'd suggest the Megane Trophy mod to start with.
Quote from BenjiMC :You can still play with mods on the rF demo. I'd suggest the Megane Trophy mod to start with.

Really? Pardon my confusion, but what would be the point of purchasing rF then?
Because then you have the game for more than 60 mins

Edit: plus online mode
iRacing is a way more realistic driving sim...
LFS is awesome tho and in many cases more fun and i havent tried rf yet but i definately want to

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG