The online racing simulator
LFS Alive ?
(134 posts, started )
LFS Alive ?
Dear friends and drivers,

What going on in LFS ?

Since i ve restarted to play ( 2 months ) its so hard to find servers.

I decided to restart with the "old" XFG car and except Blackwood track, i cant find any servers.

Many servers vanished (CTRA, Belgium servers...)

I ve reinstalled GTR2, Rfactor and Race07 to have some online races.

Those games are good, but cant be compared to the LFS spirit.

LFS most of time dont have lags, its easy to join races, etc....

Im a bit surprised that there is not real discussions about that in the forum.

Maybe drivers vanished too.

I hope not, cos LFS still a great sim to me and it will remain in my heart.

Maybe we need some "CTRA like" servers to help drivers coming back.

Whats your POV ?
Try the NDR or the RSR servers for some good TBO class fun.
#3 - AMB
Quote from lake10 :
I decided to restart with the "old" XFG car and except Blackwood track, i cant find any servers.

If you limit yourself to a single car, no wonder you aren't seeing that many servers.

You have to drive the popular combos. There are plenty of active servers around every day.
the servers have had less activity recently me being a daily user...
well , there are some persons called human beings that actually have a life. and by life i mean: go to school , go to work, both of them , party with friends , etc..... and LFS isnt part of the everyday life.

then there are the aliens, who are the WR holders and that have more KM's made in 4 years than a F1 pilot does in his whole career.

i think that it is the reason why u dont see many servers.............
If you think the online activity is dropping, you can go to LFS World : www.lfsworld.net

Click on "Racers & Hosts online" and select the "History" tab.

You will then see something like this attached image and you will probably realise there is no reduction in people online, just a gradual increase over time.
Attached images
racers_online.gif
Scawen is alive!! So if he is in forum he is probably working on the Scirocco + other features.
I hope some people working on a system like CTRA because it was best ever!
Quote from Andrei221 :Scawen is alive!! So if he is in forum he is probably working on the Scirocco + other features.

If people could stop saying "Scawen is alive!" and "Eric is alive!" as if that is surprising in some way, it would be helpful.

We are just working on LFS as we always have, no change at all.

As usual we are working on some things you know about and some things you don't know about. There is too much discussion on this forum about what is happening with LFS, where are the devs etc...

The answer is just too simple, we are working on LFS, as we have done for many years and continue to do. There is no reason to think anything different, it is just pure fantasy created in the minds of a few noisy forum users, for no reason other than they can't think of anything else to do while they wait for an update in their favourite simulator.
I completly Agree with Scawen

Thats what needet so say
and maybe we getting a suprise, maybe more than scirocco.

Its all in our hands if we anoy devs with these threads thats bad.
If we let them do they'r work maybe we get some more things and they dont need to watch often in forum for these posts.

Best Regarts Heiko1
#12 - Byku
Scawen remember! Not all people are so sarcastic! Some of use are waiting patiently and without moaning with respect to Your job! Good luck and take Your time! :drink:
hi scawen
you are right

@ the whole forum
plz stop this dump thread like" Where is the Scriocco" or something else
the devs are working hard for LFS and for some other things.
plz keep it close
the scrirocco comes when it comes.

To Scawen,Eric and Victor have a nice day guys
I think the CTRA was relied upon waaaaaaaaay to much and people got lazy, stopped creating and running their own servers. Same goes for the racers, they just went to the CTRA and so other servers just died because they weren't being used.

The CTRA was good but we need multiple (run by different people/teams) and smaller systems/server like the CTRA.

...p.s. stop with these kinds of threads.
I understand Scawen's point of view now. Just 'cos he's on the forums, doesn't mean he ain't working on the game.

Actually, it's more important he isn't on the forums so that he can focus on creating the best racing sim. His posts should mainly be about new patches and bug fixes.
The devs rock to put it simply

You have a set of dev here which are constantly involved in the community, constantly creating and tweaking content for the game. Development takes time, and we all know Scavier are near perfectionist's, if they weren't, we wouldn't have the game we all love.

Scavier could release all the extra content in the world weekly, but you would end up with rFactor. I for one and am willing to wait for a better product, than get more content

LFS, Quality over Quantity every time

Scavier, keep up the awesome work!
Quote from Scawen :If people could stop saying "Scawen is alive!" and "Eric is alive!" as if that is surprising in some way, it would be helpful.

As usual we are working on some things you know about and some things you don't know about. There is too much discussion on this forum about what is happening with LFS, where are the devs etc...

The answer is just too simple, we are working on LFS, as we have done for many years and continue to do. There is no reason to think anything different, it is just pure fantasy created in the minds of a few noisy forum users, for no reason other than they can't think of anything else to do while they wait for an update in their favourite simulator.

The ones marked red make me wonder sounds good.
Im realy curios to see what those features are going to be.

And above all don´t push yourself to much okay becaus then you start to do thing in a rush and thats always bad.
Just hope you have helathy 2009 and also good luck with your family.
Becaus trust me I know that kids soak up alot of time.

@ All of the entire forum please stop making Scirocco moan threads and stop posting in them
Great news!!!!! This sounds absolutely hilarious!!!!!! I appreciate your work!!!!!! Great news!!!!!! LfS forever!!!!!
No, LFS is dead. I shot it in the F.

BOOOOOM HEADSHOT!
Quote from Scawen :If people could stop saying "Scawen is alive!" and "Eric is alive!" as if that is surprising in some way, it would be helpful.

How about someone from you three, who takes care of that almost fulltime? It's more than clear, that 30k+ people generate a lot of rumours, especially if the dev team simply does not have the time to crawl in the forums every second day and night...
LFS is alive and kicking.

I'm a "co-admin" of a series in australia. Mondaynightracing.com (self promotion FTW) and we've seen a steady influx of brand new people to LFS and organised racing over the last 3-4 months. I personally haven't seen this many new people come along and start racing for the first time in quite a while.

LFS development may be slower than some might like, but at least at the end of the day, whenever and whatever is release you'll always know its tested its a-grade quality and works from the get go.

We can't say the same for many other big name developers
Quote from Scawen :If you think the online activity is dropping, you can go to LFS World : www.lfsworld.net

Click on "Racers & Hosts online" and select the "History" tab.

You will then see something like this attached image and you will probably realise there is no reduction in people online, just a gradual increase over time.

Actually it's hard to believe that LFS online use is not dropped down after CTRA shutting down. It's increased! Nice to see LFS online load grow up.
I think a more creative title would be Dead For Speed - however me suggesting this title when my opinion on the active state of LFS is pretty much the opposite of the OP's, is strange.
#25 - CSU1
Quote from mcintyrej :I think a more creative title would be Dead For Speed - however me suggesting this title when my opinion on the active state of LFS is pretty much the opposite of the OP's, is strange.

yep, strange?...

LFS Alive ?
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG