The online racing simulator
LFS Alive ?
(134 posts, started )
The swastika is an ancient symbol that crops up in many religions and many places. It's a Hindu religious symbol, it features in Buddhism as well as many others, and there's even a Neolithic swastika rock carving just a few miles from me here, on Ilkley Moor. Despite its 20th century nazi overtones, the symbol has many other historical and religious meanings, to many people. The symbol is not sinister and it is not something to run away from, screaming "heretic" or "fascist" or whatever else.

Neo-nazi organizations thrive on fads like political correctness. In the US, what all but killed the KKK was the constitutional right to free speech, and the racists' LAWFUL ability to make public fools of themselves. What has breathed life back into it is political correctness, the effective diminishing of the US constitution in the last 8 years, the Patriot Act (and its variations around the world) and the frantic "burn-the-witch" mentality that has accompanied the "war on terror".

This has driven free expression of racist idiocy underground, where it spreads among the gullible like a cancer. Today the KKK is back, gathering momentum and unless freedoms are restored in the US it is likely to become stronger than ever. Perish that thought!

Shadowww posted an image of a symbol with absolutely no intended political overtones whatsoever. Put away your torches and pitchforks, all you angry village folk, and go back to your houses.

[/insert another 2c to continue]
Quote from SamH :The swastika is an ancient symbol that crops up in many religions and many places. It's a Hindu religious symbol, it features in Buddhism as well as many others, and there's even a Neolithic swastika rock carving just a few miles from me here, on Ilkley Moor. Despite its 20th century nazi overtones, the symbol has many other historical and religious meanings, to many people. The symbol is not sinister and it is not something to run away from, screaming "heretic" or "fascist" or whatever else.

Neo-nazi organizations thrive on fads like political correctness. In the US, what all but killed the KKK was the constitutional right to free speech, and the racists' LAWFUL ability to make public fools of themselves. What has breathed life back into it is political correctness, the effective diminishing of the US constitution in the last 8 years, the Patriot Act (and its variations around the world) and the frantic "burn-the-witch" mentality that has accompanied the "war on terror".

This has driven free expression of racist idiocy underground, where it spreads among the gullible like a cancer. Today the KKK is back, gathering momentum and unless freedoms are restored in the US it is likely to become stronger than ever. Perish that thought!

Shadowww posted an image of a symbol with absolutely no intended political overtones whatsoever. Put away your torches and pitchforks, all you angry village folk, and go back to your houses.

[/insert another 2c to continue]

Actually couldn't have sad it better.
Intentions are very hard to proof... i do know that a lot of symbols in the world can have more than one meaning, but i think that if you ask a 1000 people what that swastika means, the majority will relate to Nazi's.
And i also believe that people who display's it, know that too. Soo... what was his intention after all?

Ahhg....you know what? why bother...
...whatever.

Cheers...
If LFS is dead, we have here the largest gathering of people who like to play with dead things. World guiness record?
Hi

Speed Soro
No coment in december nothing of "in five days scirocco".... and two days later, "sorry Racers...." and two months later , "We are working in patch...." , the people is "said" by his little formality, Scirocco is secundary

See you racers and sorry for my english

:eclipseeh
Thank you SamH, at least there is one man who understood me correctly.
Quote from memph1s :bootlicker ?

Bootlicker !

+1

too many of this style !!

forget the "oldschoolracer", have a look on the New ( and there money )!!!
Buttscratcher!
Quote from [BiA]Luder :+1

too many of this style !!

forget the "oldschoolracer", have a look on the New ( and there money )!!!

You should really keep that nonsense on the german forum.
Hi Racers,

long time noone but my ex-mates heared something of me. I finished playing lfs because of the lack of time because of my studies. This week i saw some videos of Tim Schrick on a caterham and Ariel Atom and i just wanted to drive some rounds again on the lx4/6. But i remembered, as I finished driving, there were just a hand full of servers, that hat interesting combos.

Don't cry - Change something.

Why don't you post in the forum which combo you want to drive, on what server you want to do it and at which time you'll do it. Then wait for others who wanna do the same and have fun with it?! It's a bit work to get to your race, but you have to do that because the community isn't as nice as it was in past. Most of them drive equal lame combo day for day. Lfs has many cars and tracks, that are interesting!

WE CAN CHANGE!
Quote from Speed Soro :The fact is that I was not complaining in the exact sense of the term.

That phrase was just a joke, and anyone with a little degree of good sense could realize that.

[...]

And I was not complaining

You should try improving your sarcasm, because that definitely didn't sound as a joke. Not even in portuguese.

Stop crying, you not only complain here but also on LFSBR forum. I don't know what you are trying to reach but there's absolutely no sense on what you are doing. You are very inconsistent really. Now on this topic you are just like "it wanst suposed to be a complain! me was just joking! You is a kid who cant understood what Im saying!!! zOMg!!!1!! thereare somany childs here who mysyinterprets me! you should of have speaked portugues wit me on msn!!1!one1", but when you go to LFSBR Forum all you can say is "WE NEEDS UPDATES, ERIC IS A CHILDS, HE SHOULD OF GIVE UP THE PROJECT IF HE DONT MAKES US OUR CARS AND TRACKS!!"

Let's take a look at your post on LFSBR Forum.

Quote from Speed Soro :
Quote from Eric :[...]

Maybe that's why people are talking about this [Eric's post] in there [LFS Forum]. If you're angry, bite your finger.
The fact is that people in there [LFS Forum] have full right to complain, and once they [devs] do a open work to public, which is sold (it isn't free), they must give their public the respect they deserve.
This sounds just like people who intent to make success on the media, and once they get it, they start complaining that people don't give them a break, they can't go to the supermarket without being troubled, etc.
There has to be responsibility, Eric's attitude is at least ridiculous.
Repeating the old "get a life" is the worst of them. Everybody has a life, and giving some breaks for browsing the forum some times to see how things are going and complaining about dev's pledges doesn't make anyone a retarded.
Retarded is him [Eric], who doesn't like the complaints, and who should give up this project.
But since he insists on going through with this, he must take his responsibilities, created by himself, since, as he said, he's his own boss.
If everyone would act like him people could just turn to each other and say "f*** *ff" every time, since nobody would take their own commitments.
Both Eric and Scawen should assume this [LFS project] better and handle with their business and their public like adults and not like fussier kids acting like superstars.

Original post (link)
Complete topic translated by Google (link)

A typical complaining post. This is just one of your many ones in there. After reading so many of your complaints, it gets really difficult to see a joke in that kind of sentence, specially coming from you.

Quote from Speed Soro :These cars are too low poly
[...]

Quote from Speed Soro :Lynce, [...] The main problem is that these cars are too poor modeled and the surfaces have only one degree of reflection.

They look like plastic toy cars (not due your work).
[...]
so... no matter what you do, they don't look real.

But at least this new one picture is a step forward. Keep working, who knows you make a miracle...

Quote from Speed Soro :[...]
So, the point is, LFS has nothing new for years. [...]

Now what is the deal with LFS? Servers are fully of kids doing drift and cruise. What f*** is that? Is that the simulation the main page announce?

The graphics are out of date, the sound is out of date, and this game has been beta for too much time.

I don't see old people here. I don't see seniors, I don't see professional drivers, I don't see anything that promises this project is going the right way.

I think LFS need a good contract with a good distributor, and a shock of modernity. Need more detailed models (from real cars, like Scirocco), new tracks (real tracks), new graphics, new sounds, new everything, less the amazing force feedback and tires physics.

The comunity has not grown anymore cause this game is tired, the servers are full of kids.
[...]

And I know that critics are not wellcome here. I tried this before, without any success. The result is eay to see today: empty race servers, and a small community of childrens doing drift and cruise.

Quote from Speed Soro :After 6 months I guess is time to change something in the home page. I'm embarassed pointing new players or curious to the site.

That shows what is going on with the game development... slow... slow... zzzzzzz

When LFS got clutch temperature, this was your response...

I think you can now clearly see why I said you should stop complaining. I can't really see this kind of joke on your posts after so reading all of this.

(BTW, FYI this game hasn't got beta yet )

Calling me a "kid" won't make you look smarter. You went to the LFSBR forum creating topics such as "who is this beast named ... ot; from LFS Forum?" but here you said "I know you". Then when I sent you a PM saying "I'm Velociround, what would you like to talk about?" you just ignored it, gave no response and got back to post here again.

Why didn't you just answer to my first post with a "I was joking, sorry not for making it clear" ?. It would have ended up with a "Sorry for flaming then, you usually complain so much that I thought this post was a complain too." But no, you really needed to try offending me. I won't let you do so.

Notes:
- Stop trying to hide on LFSBR forum, I can see "hidden" status And even if I couldn't, this is so childish.
- You can call me whenever you want help improving your use of english language.
- If you want to talk, use PMs. That's why they were created for, on both forums.
- If you want to offend anyone, you're talking to the wrong person. Actually you should not try offending anyone at all.

This is it.
I think you are not normal.
I hate this bs, but you ask for, so: GET A LIFE!
Quote from Speed Soro :I think you are not normal.

:dnfnoob:

C'mon, do not change the subject.
Quote from Speed Soro :I think you are not normal.

It's tough to admit you've been beaten.
Quote from Velociround :...

Sry, have to agree with Velociround . Some people simply complain everytime, and they are never satisfied. I don't say that You(Speed Soro) are... entirly like that... but You seem close . I bought LFS over 1 year ago, and i'm totally satisfied. Why? Beacause no matter what, i will get free updates. In a year? two? Doesn't matter for me beacuse they are totally free. Yeah... i agree that Devs should be more careful, but I bet when they will notice that LFS needs more players(=more money for their living) they are going to rock. Btw. I believe that Scawen, Eric, Victor are hard-working guys... BUT... they've started this project to work trully less, to have free time when they need. It is their income, and they would be... hmm... irracional to simply do nothing when LFS will start to die(if it will of course). I don't know what they are doing or how hard it is, but they seem to be calm so that means their income(LFS) is fine, i'm also sure that IF LFS will start to collapse, they will do their best to get new customers and they will succeed(i bet that they are hiding their trump cards for S3) and it's all for free for us clients who have already bought LFS!

Btw. Speed Soro, You are playing LFS for over 4 years I suppose? (reg. date 2004) 4 years for just 24 pounds, free updates included! What a bargain!

Edit.: The cars will be updated :P... again for free :P.

Edit2.: Yeah.. sometimes i want also to scream "YES! I WANT MORE"... but seriously... why I should get more for something i don't pay? BUT... i get... yeah... it takes some time... but still i get, and i'm happy about it. Btw. I also want VWS... REALLY MUCH so don't think that i don't care or something (i'm checking forums everyday with hope of another test patch with VWS :P), and even I want to moan sometimes but i'm able to control that .

Edit3.: I'm going to get FREE(again) updates(physics) this year propably(as Scawen mentioned )!

Edit4.: My longest post ever... damn
Antonio (Velociround), what you did here is kind low level that I'll not to participate.

First, the things that I said in public I sustain anywhere, but you had no rights to copy my post from brazilian forum (where in fact I'm a moderator too) and to paste here totally out of context. Things that you didn't say is that people had agreed with me.

You had no reason to do that, you behaved such a fool, a real kid trying to get attention to yourself and some applause from some fanboys of the community.

When I said about "nerves" and etc, that was really a joke, but even if it wasn't, you had no reason for come here to attack me. Mainly because that was a final line of a short post where I had talked very well about the game.

I think you are really new to LFS and have no idea about what such things I already have done for this game in our country.

If I complain, this is for real reasons, and I have too many life experience, professional and personal, to know what I'm doing. And if I complain, the mainly reason is because I care about the game and if it is going down.

About Eric, I sustain what I wrote there, but I would not put that here, cause there is no need for that. But Eric should have respect with the public that wait from him and Scawen. They are public persons, with public comitment and shall respect to their customers.

I sent to you a pm in our forum, and that was the last communication from me to you.

If one day we got back to talk, sure that will be after you have grown up a little bit.

Best Regards.
-
(Velociround) DELETED by Velociround
Quote from Speed Soro on my PM inbox :Subject: Lamentable
« Sent to: Velociround : Today at 6:22pm (GMT-3) » Quote Answer Delete

Are u retarded? What is your intention to get in there acting like the cool guy?
I won't waste my time with you.
This is lamentable.

I see

Quote from Speed Soro :[...]you had no rights to copy my post from brazilian forum (where in fact I'm a moderator too) and to paste here totally out of context.
[...]

Come on, have you actually READ my post? I mean, even a little bit? A tiny bit? I can't believe you didn't read anything at all. So I'll tell you what is in there: I posted a link here that goes to LFSBR Forum with the whole topic in there! And translated to english by Google so everyone else could read and make their own conclusions! What were you trying to say with that, really?

Also, being "a moderator", you should at least know the forum rules:
Live for Speed Brazil Forum Rules
"8. Members of LFSBR agree that the content of any message posted in this forum is of public content as any other text found on the Internet, thus doesn't allowing any dispute relating to its intellectual property, invention, or any other right for the text, except if its content is already protected by Law No. 9.279/96."

(link to the rules)
You have no right to reclaim the content of your post.

Quote from Speed Soro :[...]When I said about "nerves" and etc, that was really a joke, but even if it wasn't, you had no reason for come here to attack me. Mainly because that was a final line of a short post where I had talked very well about the game.[...]

It seems as you really didn't read it! The part when I talk about this on my post is even on bold. Shall I translate it to portuguese? I have no problems with that, I can translate the text and send you via PM. I'm serious.

Quote from Speed Soro :[...]I think you are really new to LFS and have no idea about what such things I already have done for this game in our country.[...]

I've been playing LFS since 2006 (a few days before Patch U was out), been always playing on the official UOL (brazilian) server since then and my LFSBR Forum account was registered in April 22th, 2007. I've been visiting the LFSBR forum and seen its many transitions since that date, and I purchased S2 the day I registered my LFS Forum account.

Thanks for saving our country with your really constructive posts here on LFS Forum, just like the ones I quoted and many others.

Quote from Speed Soro :If I complain, this is for real reasons, and I have too many life experience, professional and personal, to know what I'm doing. And if I complain, the mainly reason is because I care about the game and if it is going down.

I see, just like on the clutch topic, isn't it?
"The clutch is wrong designed and period." "I don't need to prove what I'm saying." - Speed Soro

Quote from Speed Soro :You had no reason to do that, you behaved such a fool, a real kid trying to get attention to yourself and some applause from some fanboys of the community.

If one day we got back to talk, sure that will be after you have grown up a little bit.

Will you ever try to make a point, and I mean a real point, or do you really prefer trying to offend people who disagree with you?

I don't know if you have noticed, but you have called me many different names (kid, beast, retarded, abnormal, fool, and the list is growing fast), while I didn't call you anything. Be respectful with other people or you won't be respected at all.
Well, I was being sarcastic in this post as well! It was a joke... I swear!

Quote from Nitrous13270 :If 'nobody' is playing LFS, can you please explain this?

http://www.lfsworld.net/totalo ... 207eba&abc=1236050101

Research before you state something... and cite your source... otherwise you'd sound like a fool.

You didn't get my joke, eh? Soro?
This is turning out to be a very interesting argument.
Quote from Scawen :If people could stop saying "Scawen is alive!" and "Eric is alive!" as if that is surprising in some way, it would be helpful.

We are just working on LFS as we always have, no change at all.

As usual we are working on some things you know about and some things you don't know about. There is too much discussion on this forum about what is happening with LFS, where are the devs etc...

The answer is just too simple, we are working on LFS, as we have done for many years and continue to do. There is no reason to think anything different, it is just pure fantasy created in the minds of a few noisy forum users, for no reason other than they can't think of anything else to do while they wait for an update in their favourite simulator.

I think LFS need something... Maybe more accurate patch releasing time + some real track + more real cars + rain + breaking of wheels or some parts of car maybe poped tires if u little push someone to his tire. Those are things what i think lfs need ... LFS the most realistic and the best simulator i think. Have just 1800 user at sunday evening what is sux because it needs +10000ppl online at the moment. Too many servers are empty and i cant find that what i want
Quote from L@gger :I think LFS need something... Maybe more accurate patch releasing time + some real track + more real cars + rain + breaking of wheels or some parts of car maybe poped tires if u little push someone to his tire. Those are things what i think lfs need ... LFS the most realistic and the best simulator i think. Have just 1800 user at sunday evening what is sux because it needs +10000ppl online at the moment. Too many servers are empty and i cant find that what i want

Quote from L@gger :Maybe more accurate patch releasing time

The devs would love the patch including the VWS to be already released. Sometimes, however, things don't go as planned. Complications have arisen and it has been postponed. When things don't go as planned in this buisness (and most of the time they don't), it's very hard to keep an original roadmap intact.

Quote from L@gger :some real track + more real cars + rain + breaking of wheels or some parts of car maybe poped tires if u little push someone to his tire.

Real tracks and real cars are interesting, yes, but they cost a lot of money to be licensed. And the more famous the track or car is, the more money it'll cost to license.

Concerning rain, it was, I believe, originally planned for S3, so that's not coming any time soon. However, I think that a better damage system was something Scawen wanted to do before the final release of S2, among other things.

I've been involved in the patched game world for a few years now and there are some things that are redundant in most games. First, the devs usually don't speak much. They either prefer to keep silent, or dispatch other people to speak for them (which is something I would encourage Scavier to do). Second, things get postponed. Programming things, such as videogames, and especially patching them, always seem very straightforward on paper, but complications arise most of the time. That's why QA exists. The Patch TEST forum is not there to give us the patches early, it's there to do QA. I've worked in QA before, and things usually go as this:

- Dev releases product to be tested (that's the patch test forum)
- QA searches for bugs, and reports to dev (again the patch test forum)
- Dev fixes bugs found by QA
- Process is repeated until bug-free

"Dev fixes bugs found by QA" is where we're at now. Scawen has heard about things not going well with the current patch and he's at fixing those things now. Yes, it takes time! Yes, it can stop the process of further developement until the current problems are fixed. That's the whole point!
Quote from boosterfire :The devs would love the patch including the VWS to be already released. Sometimes, however, things don't go as planned. Complications have arisen and it has been postponed. When things don't go as planned in this buisness (and most of the time they don't), it's very hard to keep an original roadmap intact.

Real tracks and real cars are interesting, yes, but they cost a lot of money to be licensed. And the more famous the track or car is, the more money it'll cost to license.

Concerning rain, it was, I believe, originally planned for S3, so that's not coming any time soon. However, I think that a better damage system was something Scawen wanted to do before the final release of S2, among other things.

I've been involved in the patched game world for a few years now and there are some things that are redundant in most games. First, the devs usually don't speak much. They either prefer to keep silent, or dispatch other people to speak for them (which is something I would encourage Scavier to do). Second, things get postponed. Programming things, such as videogames, and especially patching them, always seem very straightforward on paper, but complications arise most of the time. That's why QA exists. The Patch TEST forum is not there to give us the patches early, it's there to do QA. I've worked in QA before, and things usually go as this:

- Dev releases product to be tested (that's the patch test forum)
- QA searches for bugs, and reports to dev (again the patch test forum)
- Dev fixes bugs found by QA
- Process is repeated until bug-free

"Dev fixes bugs found by QA" is where we're at now. Scawen has heard about things not going well with the current patch and he's at fixing those things now. Yes, it takes time! Yes, it can stop the process of further developement until the current problems are fixed. That's the whole point!

Yes but they could get some track free... Maybe if they want, they would get more real tracks... Yes i know there are some problem with realeasing patches. Maybe is better to dont say about patch until its 99% or give some + time for some further development. But I must say LFS is very quality and uncommercial product...

PS: I have many friends who said it would be better to drive something realistic on real track for them...
Guys, be happy what you already have. The users that moan are just little kids, I guess that everybody knows that. Scawen should directly ignore them since they dont have any idea how these things work.

I also don't know how these things work, but I prefer to not talk because I dont understand. I hope that the next patch also get post poned for another 2-3 month's. I'm already happy what I have.

One thing that I can't understand is that, Dev's do have a life they get to work when they want. But what the heck is wrong with you guys? Don't you have no lifes? Are you waiting all day long for the patch? Are you counting the days?

A little post from me, for those 24/7 annoying active users. They know who they are tho.

LFS Alive ?
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG