The online racing simulator
LFS Alive ?
(134 posts, started )
Quote from jbirdaspec :Exactly Jamie. And BTW. What is up with the Red and Blue filtered avatars around here?? I must not be in the loop......

Google "Obamicon me".
Quote from Speed Soro :[...]
And if I remember in the recent past, the numbers counted thousands, not hundreds.
[...]

What? This is a 600 days history filter. This means the graph displays the whole online stats from 600 days ago until now. So, the data you're seeing in that graph is from "the recent past".
Quote from Shadowww :Whatever, I made this picture for Screen of The Week competition which theme was "Thunder Cross", it was on Latvian LFS site.

Good for you. Stupid noob.
Quote from Velociround :What? This is a 600 days history filter. This means the graph displays the whole online stats from 600 days ago until now. So, the data you're seeing in that graph is from "the recent past".

the "recent" that I said, is a bit less recent

Maybe thousands is not the correct word, but the problem is that now, the biggest part of the frequented servers are drift and cruise, and before it was different...
Quote from Speed Soro :the "recent" that I said, is a bit less recent

Maybe thousands is not the correct word, but the problem is that now, the biggest part of the frequented servers are drift and cruise, and before it was different...

Maybe thats right, but i think its normal. Theres nothing we can do about it. You can still find good racing servers and im sure the next patch will bring a lot of people racing again
Quote from tiagolapa :Good for you. Stupid noob.

I am noob just because I made valid entry to competition?!
Buh, one more msg from you that proves you are retarded.
#82 - th84
Tiago does not like being called retarded, he is mentally challenged. :haha:

See what happens when you let a demo-er out of his box?
In the picture scawen posted you can see the number of hosts grew faster then the number of users but that there are not less users online. So i think we just are more spread then in the past. I don't mind, i always play on the same servers with the same people

Strange lake10 feels it's better in rFactor. Aren't rFactor users more spread with all those mods and therefore incompatible servers?
Quote from marzman :
Strange lake10 feels it's better in rFactor. Aren't rFactor users more spread with all those mods and therefore incompatible servers?

....i never said i felt better in Rfactor, the sim i drive the most is LFS.

The sim i like the most is LFS.

The best community (to my eyes) are in LFS.

I have an Rfactor license but i dont play it often.

Maybe my title post was wrong.

I didnt said LFS was dead, i know Scawen and co are working on it.

Again i really appreciate their works and i will always support them.

But i said it was a bit hard to find servers on XFG (for example) than before.

Im not an extremist, i dont want to create bad feelings, im just a player who like that game and sometimes sad not finding a track/car that i like....

Can i share my feelings or opinion?

Thats maybe why i should rent an LFS server.

Thats it.

Long life to LFS !!!!!
Hi there , some writing you did there.
As my English is not first languge sorry for mistakes first of all.
I just want to say what a smart post you posted , I totaly agree with 120% .
Maybe i was just to hard on them to with my signatures treats and etc.
I just wanned a new car but if il get a new car i will not be happy with it because it will only be a new car nothing else if il get a new car with a diferent South city track i wouldnt be happy.... you know why? because the texture will be the same and boring maybe this patch will be special who knows? maybe they have somthing new for us. I hope they do.!
I think this patch will be with a car and A LOT OF BUG FIX like better textures and even miner bug the bugs you don't see every day by meaning evry day i mean if we seen somthing one time.

I would realy be happy if they would fix that barrier think when you run in to it you baunce back of fly back if they do fix that then more tracks will be made and more taurnaments or races servers will be there.
So i mean if they give as a new patch now they will TOTALY SUCK . or maybe if they gived as that patch alredy before christmas they would suck that time but good think they spot the bug ! think what cauld happen if they give the patch too erly ? bad name for comunity.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.
Quote :

Where did you draw that conclusion from..thin air?
Quote from tiagolapa :Maybe thats right, but i think its normal. Theres nothing we can do about it. You can still find good racing servers and im sure the next patch will bring a lot of people racing again

Sure, there will be at least 10 servers with Scirocco fully of people. One of them will be myself
Hi

Working.....:talktohan:shhh:....:rolleyes:
Quote from JohnPenn :Where did you draw that conclusion from..thin air?

No from his startpost, but he allready explained that was not what he meant.
Quote :Many servers vanished (CTRA, Belgium servers...)

I ve reinstalled GTR2, Rfactor and Race07 to have some online races.

Quote from marzman :No from his startpost, but he allready explained that was not what he meant.

yes but there was other sentences behind...

"Those games are good but cant be compared to LFS"...

anyway...
Quote from Speed Soro :Sure, there will be at least 10 servers with Scirocco fully of people. One of them will be myself

Yeah, but I think the rush would die down after a couple of weeks, a month at longest. Then it'll just integrate into the game. Apart from on Cruise servers (no flamebaiting intended), where it'll be the next great thing since Insim.
Everybody is so inpatient about the scirocco or wateva it's spelled...when it comes out i bet noone is gonna want to drive it...mark my words =)
So I bet that the Scirocco will rock. Of course the rush will survive for a limited time, but during this time Scirocco will draw attention.
There will be skins, movies, championships, long races, short races, free racing.
People will test the car at all tracks and layout, including rally.
Scirocco, being a tourism car, is more attractive than FBM, a formula made for tarmac and straights, because being a tourism car, it goes well in any kind of circuit, tarmac or gravel, city or road, short or long.
Moreover, being a slow car, the races are closer and fun.
I have good expectations about this car.
The big question is WHEN Mr Scawen, WHEN? My god, how this guy take our nerves out from the body...
Quote from Speed Soro :The big question is WHEN Mr Scawen, WHEN? My god, how this guy take our nerves out from the body...

:bananadea

I can't believe I read that :doh:
How does he "take your nerves out from the body" if you received everything you paid for, plus bonuses? You should be grateful to him for allowing you play with a new car, because when you bought your license this car wasn't included, and you are getting it now absolutely for free. Same thing for the FBM. There is absolutely NO agreement where the devs say "When purchasing this product, you (customer) has known and agreed that we (devs) will give our customers frequent updates, including graphics and physics updates, plus cars and track packages from time to time, completely for free."

STOP COMPLAINING :sadbanana

There is absolutely no reason for this kind of depreciative complaining posts (e.g.: the quoted part of your post). Patience is a virtue. I could wait until december or even later for the Scirocco without ever saying a word about the development speed. I got what I paid for, I'm getting free updates, I love LFS as it is and everything else is a bonus.
You missunderstood me...ur point is simular to the point i was making...i was saying that there all so unpatient but when it comes out...after a month noone is gonna drive it...it's a hatchback
Quote from Velociround ::bananadea

I can't believe I read that :doh:
How does he "take your nerves out from the body" if you received everything you paid for, plus bonuses? You should be grateful to him for allowing you play with a new car, because when you bought your license this car wasn't included, and you are getting it now absolutely for free. Same thing for the FBM. There is absolutely NO agreement where the devs say "When purchasing this product, you (customer) has known and agreed that we (devs) will give our customers frequent updates, including graphics and physics updates, plus cars and track packages from time to time, completely for free."

STOP COMPLAINING :sadbanana

There is absolutely no reason for this kind of depreciative complaining posts (e.g.: the quoted part of your post). Patience is a virtue. I could wait until december or even later for the Scirocco without ever saying a word about the development speed. I got what I paid for, I'm getting free updates, I love LFS as it is and everything else is a bonus.

Kids, talk to me in portugues, directly in my msn. You know who Im and I know who you are. Stop this bs here. If you dont have my msn, contact at lfsbr.

If you dont understood what I said, it is a matter of you. Grow up kid.
Quote from Speed Soro :If you dont understood what I said, it is a matter of you. Grow up kid.

Agreed the tit far outwieghed the tat in this case as it often does what's worse the complainer or the complainer basher? Everybody needs to learn to hold their tongue at times
I think Velo's point(s) are well founded and pretty conservatively put.

Frankly, people are tired of the whinging about development speed of a game which doesn't HAVE to give you anything more than what you got when you paid for it.

Have fun arguing on MSN.
The fact is that I was not complaining in the exact sense of the term.

That phrase was just a joke, and anyone with a little degree of good sense could realize that.

The fact is that there are too many kids here, and too many not so young, but with that kind of behavior like trying to be the big shoot, sometimes to collect some aplauses from the others, sometimes cause has nothing better to do.

I just finished to praize the Scirocco, which in certain ways could be interpreted as an eulogy to the LFS team, but here there is ALWAYS someone to misunderstand everything.

If you think to complain does piss off, should know that complain about complains does piss off too.

And I was not complaining.
Quote from Shadowww :I am noob just because I made valid entry to competition?!
Buh, one more msg from you that proves you are retarded.

Off topic:
Im going to pretend that you didn't know what you were doing, when you post that bloody racist picture and explain to you that it's a insult for most people.
Soo, if by ignorance you really didn't knew...or if you knew and post that crap anyway, neither way...who's the retarded now?

Try not to double insult people in a single day, by insulting them or their inteligence.

On topic:

Lfs is alive... it used to look more alive imo but i want to believe that it would rise again.

I think that what is really dying isn't LFS, but the community i once knew.

Cheers...

LFS Alive ?
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG