The online racing simulator
I reckon Scawen has run away in terror from all the hounds beying for their Scirocco.

I would have never thought a FWD hatchback box would have caused so much excitement, and I betchya that when its released there will be hundreds of threads slagging it off saying "It's not realistic because blah blah blah".
-
(anbiddulph) DELETED by anbiddulph
:doh:

Influx of idiots alert.
^come hide with me! :hidesbehi
since when is the scirocco car skin upload availabe on lfsworld?
Quote from S14 DRIFT ::doh:

Influx of idiots alert.

Stop it, you're keeping the Scirocco speculation threads alive by posting in them.

Oh ****, so am I.
Quote from chavm481 :^come hide with me! :hidesbehi

that was very Creepy !!!!!!:hide:

oh yeah ! i found a solution.. lets creep out everyone that makes a thread that has the word Scirocco in the title.... you dig ?
Or just Ignore 'em?
its hard to ignore them when it has 10 pages in less than an hour.... it is so tempting to flame ppl that nag for stuff they are goin to have... but in an indetermined amount of time
Quote from el pibe :its hard to ignore them when it has 10 pages in less than an hour

That only happens because people don't ignore.

Oh bollocks, neither do I.
Quote from Hoshimodo :This theory is related to the Scaroc-prophecy foreseen by Nostradamus while channeling Linear-B language code on a friday in late january 1534

damn... who are these ppl here in the forum??? I'm scared!!!!
I wouldn't surprise me if Scawen had given up all motivation to do anything to LFS and is just sitting alone in the dark, drinking, due to all the bitching on the forums
Quote from 5haz :Stop it, you're keeping the Scirocco speculation threads alive by posting in them.

Oh ****, so am I.

:doh:
#113 - Rob
Does seem a shame that they can't just release it in it's current state. They seemed happy enough with it to have it at Liepzig...

I thought that the whole point of LFS was that none of it was quite ready yet, that's was the full version of S3 will be right? There are so many areas where LFS could still be improved, why not release one more thing that's not quite as good as it could be.

I think it'd stop a lot of the moaning and give the team time to work on a fully finished model in peace.

Rob
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :since when is the scirocco car skin upload availabe on lfsworld?

This is a very new thing, it wasn't there last time I looked at the skin upload page.

I wouldn't want it in an unfinished state, and I reckon VW wouldn't want it released either...the difference being that they probably have a say in it.
Quote from Rob :Does seem a shame that they can't just release it in it's current state. They seemed happy enough with it to have it at Liepzig...

I thought that the whole point of LFS was that none of it was quite ready yet, that's was the full version of S3 will be right? There are so many areas where LFS could still be improved, why not release one more thing that's not quite as good as it could be.

I think it'd stop a lot of the moaning and give the team time to work on a fully finished model in peace.

Rob

Again, the VWS itself is probably ready, it's the patch as a whole that contained bugs. As a result of those bugs some people experienced some very weird things, including crashes. You can read the thread(s) in the test patch forum for more details. I'm pretty sure that if they were to release the patch as it is, we'd see a lot more whining and moaning from people who couldn't play LFS at all anymore because of some bug.

Also, you don't honestly believe that the devs (or Scawen, as he is the only one coding on the patch) is even the least bit bothered by the threads asking for the Scirocco, do you?
Quote from Bean0 :This is a very new thing, it wasn't there last time I looked at the skin upload page.

It's been there for at least a month, I believe. My SRS skin has been uploaded, ready to race, for quite some time.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :It's been there for at least a month, I believe. My SRS skin has been uploaded, ready to race, for quite some time.

Yes it s beighn there since the week of december the 19th as a matter of fact .

As for the scirocco I won't moan but it is taking long.....
And IMO to long so if any of you now want to flame me be ready to get your post read by me and ignored after i read it.
Quote from Bean0 :I reckon VW wouldn't want it released either...the difference being that they probably have a say in it.

Based on what Scawen posted in the past, and considering all VW wanted was to have the Scirocco ready for Leipzig, I think it's safe to assume they don't care at all
#119 - Rob
Quote from obsolum :Also, you don't honestly believe that the devs (or Scawen, as he is the only one coding on the patch) is even the least bit bothered by the threads asking for the Scirocco, do you?

No you're absolutely right, I'm sure he couldn't care less...
The Scirocco's release will be dependent on code completion and application stability, and NOT on the number of posts and/or threads asking for information about the Scirocco release or asking for explanations for its delay.

Whether Scawen could care less or more about Scirocco demand threads on the forum is not really at issue. If they have any impact at all, they probably only determine whether Scawen codes with a smile or a frown on his face.

My guess is that Scawen is coding LFS and absolutely refusing to check the forum at all. When he needs test patch feedback, he'll come and get it, and otherwise I expect he leaves this place well alone.
Quote from SamH :The Scirocco's release will be dependent on code completion and application stability, and NOT on the number of posts and/or threads asking for information about the Scirocco release or asking for explanations for its delay.

Well now, if this information would have been made available earlier, perhaps there would have been less threads/posts about the Scirocco.
I think your sarcasm detector is broken Sam...
lol seriously Sam, come on...

I'm just saying, it was easy to predict what would happen when scawen announced the delay, so all the information in the world wouldn't have stopped people from making threads about it.
I'm not well.. leeemeealooone! Tongue
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG