The online racing simulator
what the f.....? and the damn shark fin not banned yet?!
I don't understand why they should ban the shark fin. It does something but also exposes the handling to side winds, so you gain but lose some.

Besides, it's always interesting to see what each team thinks as the best solution and regulations are already making the cars look more the same. Rules making them look even more the same would be silly.
Love the new Renault livery, looks great.. god that nose is hideous though

Williams is the best looking so far imo... looking forward to Red Bull though, imo they've had the nicest looking cars since Newey design started to take effect
Quote from DaveWS :The new Renault looks disgusting, especially the new front nose section. I hope the shark fins are banned, I'm suprised they are still allowed, given how much they ruin the look of the car.

The new Williams looks fantastic though.

Like they're gonna ban the shark fins for only looking bad. For me it's still all about the racing..
However, it seems as if the racing itself is also getting ruined now, as time passes..
Quote from robt :Anyone seen the new williams? Looks the best so far IMO.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it earlier
Quote from Gil07 :That nose on the Renault makes it look like one of the old Espaces

I cant see no difference....
STOLEN FrOm ANOTHER FORUM

Renault F1 mechanic arrested after being caught trying to spy in on McLarens garage!
LOL! Ronald Mc'Donald aka secret agent
Quote from Nitrous13270 :The "TOTAL" sticker on the front wing reminds me of the Peugeot 206 WRC car for some reason... maybe because it's red.

It reminds me of the phrase "TOTAL SHITE"
I think we've got a new ugliness winner for 2009. That Renault is definitely the worse car so far: that front nose makes it look like a lotus or something

It just looks like they removed every single pieces on that thing that could make the aerodynamics just a tad better.
hmmm well Renault could be challenged by BMW, if I think of the 2008-testings. At least in case of uglyness:

If there is a ranking with a 1,0 as basis, the Indy Car Dallara and 5,0 for a common F3 car as basis i would score that way (higher points = better looking):

7,0 - CCWS/IRL Champ Car 2007-08
6,4 - F1 McLaren 2009
6,3 - F1 Ferrari (F60) 2009
5,0 - common F3 Car
4,5 - F1 Toyota 2009
1,0 - Dallara IRL
0,8 - F1 Renault 2009
The Renault, with the nose that looks like they found the BMW testing mule one in a skip, is an absolute munter.

Aside from that, the 2009 rules look (especially the full width front wings) good without the rear wing.

I like the SF car as far as looks are concerned, the same with the boxy look of the old F3000 cars.
someone please ban those shark fins. I just hope Renault will perform much, MUCH better than it looks. Btw, wasn't ING going to leave Renault?
EDIT: oh yeah, they were going to Honda, but Honda folded.
Yes, that's the thing. So far, if you only looked at the front part of the car, it was mostly fine. It was only when you looked at the whole thing that you saw that it was out of proportion. The Renault's front wing and nose, are, however, genuinely awful. You don't even need to look at the whole car to see just how bad it is. The other cars wouldn't be too bad front wing wise if it just fitted with the rear wing.
Quote from scania :

Oh I see. You're so stunted by the fuglyness of the new renault, you forgot how to embed images on the forum. OK.
Quote from TFalke55 :hmmm well Renault could be challenged by BMW, if I think of the 2008-testings. At least in case of uglyness:

If there is a ranking with a 1,0 as basis, the Indy Car Dallara and 5,0 for a common F3 car as basis i would score that way (higher points = better looking):

7,0 - CCWS/IRL Champ Car 2007-08
6,4 - F1 McLaren 2009
6,3 - F1 Ferrari (F60) 2009
5,0 - common F3 Car
4,5 - F1 Toyota 2009
1,0 - Dallara IRL
0,8 - F1 Renault 2009

nooo way F3 cars are absolute beaut!
Quote from Thunderhead :Oh I see. You're so stunted by the fuglyness of the new renault, you forgot how to embed images on the forum. OK.

fixed
I wouldnt be suprised if teams end up going back to having low noses with 2 front wings eventually.

One thing I really do like about the Renault though is is how the sidepods extend to streamline over the rear suspension, and for cooling as well.

http://www.f1technical.net/development/219
I have not readed through the whole topic, so sorry if this has been asked before, but why are the wings so utterly retarded looking?
Have they found out some new fancy stuff about more narrow wings benefits at some point, or are there some retarded rules from FIA about wing length?

Edit : Car on right is the last year car, and left one is new year one? Jesus, it looks fugly, like a toy car. What the hell did they do to the tyres?
Quote from The Very End :I have not readed through the whole topic, so sorry if this has been asked before, but why are the wings so utterly retarded looking?
Have they found out some new fancy stuff about more narrow wings benefits at some point, or are there some retarded rules from FIA about wing length?

Edit : Car on right is the last year car, and left one is new year one? Jesus, it looks fugly, like a toy car. What the hell did they do to the tyres?

You just lost the game

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG