The online racing simulator
Retarded rule change. Anything worse than that would have been the medal system proposed earlier.

Retarded, simply as that. Taking away all good stuff they've tried to make racing exciting this season, which didn't probably doesn't work, but at least they tried.

I can imagine how teams will slow down and just save their car for the next round if they don't have any chances to win. And some lucky retard d goes winning half of the races plus one and then doesn't finish the rest.

Giving more points to the winner would have been better and more revarding. This is just dumming it down way too much for the retard FIA officials who can't count to 3. Retard is such a nice world damn retards.
Post I made on another site (gambling, preview of the season). Ignore the refrences to the market and pricing.

Quote :
Basic run down.

Ferrari – A usual quiet pre testing from the Italian team, being lead by Michael Schumacher, all lot more than what’s been officially said. The car is another which is not behaving as expected, however they are currently satisfied with the way it’s going so far. They will be 2nd favorites for the weekend in Oz, although rumors of possible reliability issues are a cause for concern for Ferrari fans.

Mclaren - rumors of rear grip issue is possibly exaggerated, however there is enough cause for concern amongst the garage. There is a theory that the areo package is not what the simulations have shown, while there is another train of though that the suspension is causing the problem. While others are convinced they are playing funny bugger with us. This has seen an increase on their price with some bookies, others not raising the price until race weekend were there’s a better indication of ‘race pace’

BMW – One of the most improved teams of last year, now face doing it all again this season. They have however come out and said that there ‘KERS’ system is ready for use, one of the first teams to do so, there are pro’s and cons for running the ‘KERS’ and will be more likely in use for Nick than Kubica. Still I think Kubica or Nick will get a win this season, but pricing them for a 4th in the constructors this year.

Renault – Can Alonso lead them back into the top dogs…Nope. They will be there or there about, and I would like to see them up there but I don’t have the gut feeling I had last season when I started to back Kubica each way last year. Piquet is not the driver Alonso needs alongside him and everything Renault have will be pinned on him. Outside each way bet if you want to entice some excitement into the race.

Toyota– Budget cut this season, but now having the weight of a nation behind them…failure will end with someone falling on the sword, or at least a withdrawal from F1. There is hope though, positive noise’s are been made from the garage and in the paddock, also due to Toyota’s work in hybrid cars, they have had a head start on the KERS system, and may be the better users of it (if and when they choice)

Toro Rosso/Red Bull – Lumped these 2 together as it’s effectively the same for both. They will be quick, but they will not finish them all. Webber is the unluckiest driver on the grid; whenever the cars fast…it’s likely to break Vettel is more likely to get the points for Red Bull this season. The Toro Rosso’s on the other hand are begging to show pace, but the drivers are questionable. Bourdais didn’t set the heather alight (despite all the positive sounds from the camp) and the newbie is going to have a rough one.

Williams - One of the biggest teams to suffer due to the current economical climate. The loss of big sponsors will hamper them latter on unless they start to do well and place high. Roseberg is getting better, while Nakajima will do well to stay on the track and out of trouble. Pricing them low down the field and unlikely to actually back or lay them but depends on the market

Brawn (supremacy) GP – The surprise hit of testing, as a result bookies have slashed odds as if they were in a Freddy Kruger film. Good news for me. There are a couple of unknown factors to consider, have they been testing at full weight, are they trying to impress potential sponsors and how reliable is the car? While I doubt Brawn would be underweighting the car (he doesn’t strike me to do something like that unless there is a technical gain in understanding the car) I do think they will do well. Having said all that, I will be laying Button for the Oz win…..by a lot.

Force India – Apart from a moment in Monaco, they did very little….I’ll expect the Status Quo form them and if they play Rocking all over the World, the better. Dead last.

New Rule Change – Could force more drivers to go for that win early on in the season, however this will have an effect in the latter stages of the season. It’s effectively turning the marathon into a sprint. This will affect the market to a degree, and may see some bold risks been taken by the top 2 (whoever they may turn out to be)

I kinda like it. I think. Maybe.

Not that it needed changes really. A bit more points to the winner would be better.
Quote from de Souza :I kinda like it. I think. Maybe.

Think a bit more.

Seriously, that's probably the most stupid new rule in recent years. :thumbsdow
Quote from zeugnimod :

To be honest I don't really care. Being a business is the worst part of F1, having to keep everyone entertained. Then you see stupid rules like that coming up all the time because there's little to do on the sport side without any major regulations change.

I'm fine either way. I like a few drivers, a few teams, but I'm not fanatic. I just enjoy watching the drivers driving, the cars going, even at Hungaroring.
Quote from Bean0 :I just had a look at previous seasons results.
The only season (going back as far as 1990) where going by number of wins rather than points would change the outcome was last year.

I had a longer look...

12 times, out of the 59 seasons run so far would've seen a different WDC.

Here they are:
1958: Mike Hawthorn (1), Would be: Sterling Moss (4)
1964: John Surtees (2), Would be: Graham Hill (3)
1967: Denny Hulme (2), Would be: Jim Clark (4)
1977: Niki Lauda (3), Would be: Mario Andretti (4)
1979: Jody Scheckter (3), Would be: Alan Jones (4)
1982: Keke Rosberg (1), Would be: Didier Pironi (2)
1983: Nelson Piquet (3), Would be: Alain Prost (4)
1984: Niki Lauda (5), Would be: Alain Prost (7)
1986: Alain Prost (4), Would be: Nigel Mansell (5)
1987: Nelson Piquet (3), Would be: Nigel Mansell (6)
1989: Alain Prost (4), Would be: Ayrton Senna (6)
2008: Lewis Hamilton (5), Would be: Felipe Massa (6)
Quote from TagForce :I had a longer look...

12 times, out of the 59 seasons run so far would've seen a different WDC.

Here they are:
1958: Mike Hawthorn (1), Would be: Sterling Moss (4)
1964: John Surtees (2), Would be: Graham Hill (3)
1967: Denny Hulme (2), Would be: Jim Clark (4)
1977: Niki Lauda (3), Would be: Mario Andretti (4)
1979: Jody Scheckter (3), Would be: Alan Jones (4)
1982: Keke Rosberg (1), Would be: Didier Pironi (2)
1983: Nelson Piquet (3), Would be: Alain Prost (4)
1984: Niki Lauda (5), Would be: Alain Prost (7)
1986: Alain Prost (4), Would be: Nigel Mansell (5)
1987: Nelson Piquet (3), Would be: Nigel Mansell (6)
1989: Alain Prost (4), Would be: Ayrton Senna (6)
2008: Lewis Hamilton (5), Would be: Felipe Massa (6)

which is totally irrelevant as the drivers drove to the system in place and would have taken a different approach and thus makes this analysis null and void. I wish the media wouldn't harp on about it as if it were somehow fact!

If I decided that a win was now punishable by 5 months in jail we would see different champions of the past too
Quote from Intrepid :which is totally irrelevant as the drivers drove to the system in place and would have taken a different approach and thus makes this analysis null and void. I wish the media wouldn't harp on about it as if it were somehow fact!

If I decided that a win was now punishable by 5 months in jail we would see different champions of the past too

I agree with you... Partly...

It's not totally irrelevant, as it shows that in over 20% of the seasons consistency has proven to be more important than raw speed. Yes, the tactics and strategy would've been a bit different if they had this system in place, but that doesn't change the fact that consistency has given someone a world title in 20% of the seasons. That's 20% of the overall content of the sport that the FIA single handedly destroyed in a single day. It's good if they change rules to emphasize different parts of racing, but to annihilate an important aspect of 59 years of F1 in a single decision? That's bloody ridiculous, and not good for business.
Quote from Intrepid :which is totally irrelevant as the drivers drove to the system in place and would have taken a different approach and thus makes this analysis null and void. I wish the media wouldn't harp on about it as if it were somehow fact!

This contridicts what you said about the current rule changes.
McLaren shouldnt even consider KERS, my god, Lewis would have ANOTHER button in his cockpit!
Quote from BurnOut69 :McLaren shouldnt even consider KERS, my god, Lewis would have ANOTHER button in his cockpit!

Silly little Spaniard.

Anyway, according to thef1.es, McLaren are making improvements today, running around a 4th place. Must be their new "trial and error" rear wing that they made up quickly in the garage last night
Further news re: McLaren - Heikki is running 1m18s laps this afternoon, which is much more competitive. Perhaps McLaren have finally found and fixed their troublesome hardware.
Or maybe they removed anything that can be removed, taken the ballast out, and are running on fumes in a hope that the fact they're screwed might not be noticed for a week or so?
I think tbh no one even cares about McLaren anymoer with the latest FIA decisions leaving everyone scracthing their heads!

These times don't surprise me because looking at the videos from jerez Hamilton wasn't pushing the car at all
Quote from tristancliffe :Or maybe they removed anything that can be removed, taken the ballast out, and are running on fumes in a hope that the fact they're screwed might not be noticed for a week or so?

I provide the facts, you provide the speculation :P
Probably amended enough so that is BrawnGP win by a mile they can 'level the playing field'. Can't afford the new point/win system to go horribly wrong
ok... I think we'll have a champion at a around halfway point of the season...
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Why the feck did they decide this less than 2 weeks out from the opening round of the season??? What Fecktards...

O/T Slightly but McLaren have two teams working for them. The ones that worked on the 2008 car while the other worked on the 2009 car. So the ones who did 2008 will be the 2010 car now. Obviously I don't know how much overlap takes place between the two 'teams' but if you got that many people, missing a few weeks development of the 2010 isn't too much.

Regarding McLaren pace though: The amount of different wings/diffusers that a team run in 1 season I see no problem with them running different oens on different days. Maybe they will be slower than is expected maybe they wont, but I know I wont count them out until qualifying on saturday.
Nakajima did a 1:17.494 on a two-lap stint - the fastest lap at Jerez this winter. He did a bunch of low 1:18s and a 1:17.6 in other two-lappers. If these are Q2 simulations, it's impressive.
I don't know about you guys, but all this dry humping and circle jerking to some fuzzy pictures about different diffusers, Brawwwxy GP's performance and whatnot has left me completely ecstatic how the first race will go.

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG