The online racing simulator
Quote from Töki (HUN) :You're too fanatic then. I would give up my Ferrari fanboyism for a chick like that was BTW what are you doing in Lithuania?

/offtopic

heh anyway i live in England but i was born in Lithuania so i thought having LTU flag will make more sense
Quote from samjh :If they make racing more exciting, I'm not complaining.

Ugly + exciting > Pretty + boring

theres got to be a limit to how ugly the cars may get
these retarded lovechilds of a f1 car and a slowplow are nearly bad enough to make me physically sick... and i can watch surgery videos all day long without any problems in the stomach department
I think you're over reacting alittle bit lol.

The Toyota & Mclaren are bearable. These 09 cars look similar to a late 90's F1 car except for the rear wing to be honest
For sure the actual bodies of the car look reasonable, nice infact, but the wings look dreadful. The proportions are all wrong. It's hard to put into words. This will make more sense as a pic That's modern F1!
Attached images
modern-F1.jpg
Yeah, I dont like the rear wings myself but I love the fact that the front wings are flat again
Quote from zeugnimod :Very true.

it wasn't true in the 90's though, as we have seen some amazing overtaking maneuvers and scraps for position, not to mention how awesome cars looked and sounded back then. Now whether technology made things boring or today's drivers haven't got the passion of legends (no offense to real-life race drivers reading this), I don't know what hapened for that concept to become a reality.
You obviously didn't watch F1 in the 90s then. No more passing than now, and the cars' sounds weren't actually all the impressive compared to the 60s, 70s, 80s and 00s (Ferrari V12s not included!).
Quote from tristancliffe :You obviously didn't watch F1 in the 90s then. No more passing than now, and the cars' sounds weren't actually all the impressive compared to the 60s, 70s, 80s and 00s (Ferrari V12s not included!).

I meant the early-to-mid 90's when cars were a bit more round and were more beautiful (though more unreliable than today's cars), in looks and sounds (Renault V10 and FW12-16 = killer combo).
I actually like the clean, lean look of it.. back to basic. Specially with the Slicks (FTW!!)
Can't wait for the season to begin.
Good site for reasonable sized pics (seeing asthough all the others i've come across are 400px!)

http://www.f1-pics.com/
Quote from duke_toaster :Or just a spec mirror, which would be pretty sensible. As for starter motors, they are harder things to fit than thought (IIRC).

How pathetic would that be? The pinnacle of motorsport engineering (supposedly) being banned from designing the mirrors. Just how many components on the car can the teams actually change? F1 is just dissolving further into becoming a single make series.
They dont look as bad as th BMW testing pics that i saw. I think they all look pretty decent, but I think the Ferrari looks like the car to beat so far, They seem to be the only ones who slimed the car down to the absolute miniumum in the rear, which should give them less drag. But im sure ill get flamed by the mclarren lovers.

Cant wait for the season to start!!
Quote from ajp71 :How pathetic would that be? The pinnacle of motorsport engineering (supposedly) being banned from designing the mirrors. Just how many components on the car can the teams actually change? F1 is just dissolving further into becoming a single make series.

Well that's were F1 is heading.. The changes for this year are pretty bad, with the rules they plan to add next year, F1 will die completely.
Quote from Bob Smith :Apart from the completely disproportionate wings, I prefer the sleeker, cleaner looks of the '09 car.

Me too. The 08 car is a mess. Just a load of bits and peices stuck on all over. Looks like the kind of car a 12 year old would design.
Quote from gezmoor :Me too. The 08 car is a mess. Just a load of bits and peices stuck on all over. Looks like the kind of car a 12 year old would design.

ah, then that's why I've seen many kids registering in F1 forums (and turning them upside down, take racesimulations.com for example).

Ouch!

nobody banned that god damn shark wing yet?
Quote from Intrepid :

Shape of the endplates somehow tricks eye and makes the rear wing look wider than it is. Best looking car so far, which doesn't say much though.
Return of the Walrus!
Quote from niall09 :Not sure if I like the McLaren... there's just something about it :/

I think Ferrari looks nicest so far.

i agree

2009 spec. Formula 1 Cars
(667 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG