The online racing simulator
Quote from Dajmin :But 13 hours? Where would that be from, Spain?

Newcastle to Southampton, via Stansted Airport, at least 6½ hours each way.
Ah, the complete return journey. I wondered for a second there! It definitely wouldn't have been worth coming back from a holiday for
Quote from Bob Smith :Newcastle to Southampton, via Stansted Airport, at least 6½ hours each way.

Depending what time you are coming past and when Tristi is picking me up (about 8:30 on the Sunday) you are more than welcome to pop in for a coffee break as you'll be passing my house around Huntingdon (45 mins before you get to Stansted).

In fact if there's room you could save Tristi his deviation to pick me up as he's going a little out of his way for me?
if i could actually get there ide be up for it but its about a year early lol
Quote from Becky Rose :In fact if there's room you could save Tristi his deviation to pick me up as he's going a little out of his way for me?

I'm driving down Friday and driving back up on Monday. So you might be a bit early if I were to give you a lift. Plus my parents are out of accomodation, as myself and Thomas have already nabbed the two spare rooms.
No worries hun, just trying to save Tristi a trip out of his way.

Feel free to break either of your drives up with a coffee break if you wish anyway, I thinks you got my number still if not i'll PM it you with address. I work from home so am usually about.
Quote from Becky Rose :Yeah and not having any money for a free event

It's more a matter of not making any money if I'm not at home working that weekend.

Quote from Becky Rose :and not seeing relatives that you only see once a year, especially when you can help a little old lady see her long lost sister,

Brother's widow.

Quote from Becky Rose :is not really any motivation is it. I agree with Bob, it just isnt worth you doing the drive Kev.

The other thing is (Yes! I've always got another thing, that there is!) I'd have to take my girlfriend's car (I don't own a car) and currently it's leaking oil from the filter, so I'd have to buy a new oil filter before doing a long journey, so HA! There is an expense involved!

I am the master of not doing stuff.
Shame you couldn't be arsed to come, Kev.
Next years event is at Kev's pad :P
Quote from Becky Rose :Next years event is at Kev's pad :P

Thats when we find out he's sheduled a trip to Southampton that weekend.
Ok. As Winnie The Pooh would say Whilst tapping his forehead 'Tinks!'

Man. I got a monster weekend that weekend. Birthday night out fri. Leaving drinks and then a stag do on Saturday. And then down to see you guys if I'm fully compus mentus on Sunday. Tristan. I notice that you don't have all the places filled and also not enough in reserve to fill them all. Could i possibly be really cheeky and say if i'm there I'm there and of I'm not I'm lying in a gutter somewhere please? No worries if you can't, it just means I'll have to make a concrete decision. But even if I did say yes there would be a strong possibility of me not being conscious at that time. Arg! Why is life so complicated.
are there any busses that run from southampton train station to near the race center do you know? My work plans for that weekend have been changed so im free now (if im still welcome)
If your coming from anywhere near oxford then I can offer lift services. If I know I gotta pick someone up then it means I have to repsonible and not get crucified on Cheeky Vimto's again.
well i just had a rather strange thought,

Funnybear. Im in Enfield (J25 M25) if its on the way and my previous dastardly plan falls throgh then i'll be happy to share some fuel with ya.

@S14. Ta.
Dean, I'm willing to pick you up from Southampton station, if Tim is not attending/conscious.
well i just made a phone call to my dad in salisbury, so it looks like i'll be going to me dads on saturday (train) staying overnight, coming to the event and then heading back to get a train back again, or if somebody is able to give a lift just for the return journey, that would also be better.

Will have to book the train later tonight. so if Anybody will be driving my way (back) please let me know so i can book accordingly. Just PM'ing tristi again now to try and talk my way back onto the list

EDIT: Any ideas on what time the event finishes (possibly including after event pub)? just incase i need to get the train.
Funnybear where do you live?

J25 is a bit out of my way, but I could do it if you need a lift.
#69 - bozo
I'll be going past J25 of the M25 and have a spare seat, if you can put up with 2 very well behaved kids in the back. I'm not sure I'll be hanging around for long after the event though.
Small update from me - I will not be coming if it's raining. If it's drizzle, then that's not a problem. If it's full on rain then it's not a) safe or b) practical for me to go, since my only form of transport is my bike.

Let's hope for some dry weather (or wet, if you don't like me. :razz
So you're a panzy girl who doesn't like getting wet?
I have waterproof bike stuff, it's not that. I haven't long passed my test, and I'm not confident enough to do a nearly 100mile return journey, most of it on motorways, in the pissing down rain. I did it the other day (ok just one junction but hey) and it was awful, I got off the bike and I was freezing cold, my left foot was in a swimming pool and I couldn't feel my fingers.

If it's spitting/drizzle/light rain I will most definatly come. If it's pouring down, like the outburst we had an hour ago then I won't.
Ah. The beauty of two wheels. Scares you to shit, freezes your nuts off, fills yer boots with water and you can only ride 2 months out of any british year. And you ride because . . . . . . ?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I have waterproof bike stuff, it's not that. I haven't long passed my test, and I'm not confident enough to do a nearly 100mile return journey, most of it on motorways, in the pissing down rain. I did it the other day (ok just one junction but hey) and it was awful, I got off the bike and I was freezing cold, my left foot was in a swimming pool and I couldn't feel my fingers.

If it's spitting/drizzle/light rain I will most definatly come. If it's pouring down, like the outburst we had an hour ago then I won't.

Rubbish....you're coming.

I live near Marlborough, so if it's raining cats and dogs I'll give you a lift.

EDIT: Or.......get the train to Pewsey and I'll pick you up there.
Quote from Funnybear :Ah. The beauty of two wheels. Scares you to shit, freezes your nuts off, fills yer boots with water and you can only ride 2 months out of any british year. And you ride because . . . . . . ?

Ehh, I'm not a fair weather rider. (I ride all-year round) I'm not happy riding in the pouring down rain on the motorway, going somewhere I'm not really that sure of how to get to.

Joe, I'll see what the weather is gunna be like, probably from next Thursday onwards.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG