The online racing simulator
cookies ^^
cakes
More specifically, the issue of whether Jaffa Cakes are biscuits or cakes has actually been tried in UK court where they are legally classified as a cake.

They're still biscuits.
Biscuit-sized cakes.
The Oxford English Dictionary says "a sponge biscuit with an orange-flavoured jelly filling and chocolate topping"
Biscuits are, by their very nature, biscuity and crunchy. Cakes are spongey. Jaffa cakes are spongey. The hint is in the name
And in the legal precident.

Shouldn't we save this for the day? When Jamie (S14) brings his Jaffa Cakes we can argue freely and more easily If we have all the fun discussions now we'll just sit in the pub drinking silently. And that's boring
Don't forget Tristan... you have to eat 8 infront of everyone. Or you won't get any. That means everyone else will get aproximatly 0.75 more of a jaffacake if you don't..

On topic...?

Both cakes and cookies are nice. All form of snacky-cake/cookie/biscuit is fine by me.
somehow i dont think that statment works

you have to eat 8 or you wont get any

just think about it lol
I trust Tristan would keep his word.
Quote from Becky Rose :That's actually quite low, especially when you consider a Jammy Dodger has 85 calories (although you cant have one, a whole strip of 8 is 680 calories) and Jaffa Cakes just 45 per biscuit (lightweight biscuit wonna-be's).

Low, but your probably mummifying your insides by eating one.
A few more replies to the PMs I sent out. Sadly a few have had to drop out, so all the reserves can come if they want.

I think I've got 5 places unconfirmed, and these people have shown some interest. Let me know if you want to go...

Mcgas001
Funnybear
anttt69
Chris Raemisch

That means I currently have one spare space not taken up by reserves. Fancy coming for some sim racing in a group for free (other than travel/food/etc costs, which don't come to me anyway)? Let me know.

Cheers!
Tristan, what is this thingy? Are you all going karting or something?

Quote from Dajmin :Biscuits are, by their very nature, biscuity and crunchy. Cakes are spongey. Jaffa cakes are spongey. The hint is in the name

Biscuits go soft when they become stale, cakes go hard. That's what got Jaffa Cakes ruled by law as a cake (to avoid being taxed as a 'luxury biscuit').

Edit: My auntie Eva lives in Eastleigh but I don't know if she'd be alright with you all dossing on her floor.
The Race Center is, basically, a room fully of networked PCs for sim racing. Each PC has a little cockpit thingy you sit in, and a projector for the image. Not quite sure what sim we'll use, but a modded GPL is most likely I believe.

Your auntie might not want us dossing on her floor, but she'd probably love you to come and stay, and then you can come and see us too
It's bloody miles away though, and I've got a chogger tax bill at the end of the month - not great timing really.

I'll have a think, but I don't think I'd be able to do it.
Please come Kev. :sadbanana

I only just realised today that it's the Sunday after next! I thought it was 2 weeks Sunday.

*goes around looking for 1p's and 2p's that are on the floor*

Tristan I hope it's not GPL. I bloody suck at that game. Time to find the CD brush of the dust..
Well the other thing is, if I did come I'd have to bring my mum(!) because her and auntie Eva are good friends and they don't get to see each other more than once a year or so. And if I had to bring my mum I'd have to drive (she'd probably cry off if I said I was going on the train) and I don't fancy spending my weekend driving to Southampton and back to be honest. Like I said it's ****ing miles away.
I agree with you on the driving. I'm making a long weekend out of it, there's no way I'd do a 13 hour drive just for an afternoon event.
Yeah and not having any money for a free event and not seeing relatives that you only see once a year, especially when you can help a little old lady see her long lost sister, is not really any motivation is it. I agree with Bob, it just isnt worth you doing the drive Kev.
Tongey won't be able to make it Tristan
I'm surprised that there aren't enough sim racers in the UK to turn up to a free event in the south. There must be plenty of people on this forum near enough to turn up. So why aren't they queueing up? They can't all have something better to be doing on a Sunday afternoon.
Ideally you want the event to be longer than the journey to it; seems to balance out that way. You need to REALLY want it if you're travelling longer than the event is.

But 13 hours? Where would that be from, Spain?
Booooooooooooo at Tongey!

I too am surprised more people within an hour of Southampton aren't fighting to go to something for free that involved something similar to one of their hobbies.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG