The online racing simulator
Update from me.

Good news and bad news.

The good news is I got my replacement lever, fitted in less than 5 minutes.

The bad news is that I actually do have an oil leak coming from the bottom of the clutch cover. It's small, only a couple of MM across, but a leak nonetheless. This means unless I have a lift I'm unable to attend. I'm rather pissed to be honest.
Duct tape ftw? xD
It's unsafe to be ridden, I don't have AA or anything and I'm going to a place I'm not familiar. I'm all for bodging but when it comes to the mechanical health of my bike I'll pass TYVM.
Memo to self - only invite responsible adults in future
A tiny oil leak makes it unsafe to ride? My car's been leaking and burning oil since long before I bought it, never gave me any trouble.
Quote from tristancliffe :Memo to self - only invite responsible adults in future

Crap, does that mean I won't get another invite? I'm definitely an adult, but "responsible" could be up for debate

P.S. You can remove the "if" part after my name now. Unless you want replace it with "if he lives through his multi-motorway 120-mile trip"
Quote from Bob Smith :A tiny oil leak makes it unsafe to ride? My car's been leaking and burning oil since long before I bought it, never gave me any trouble.

Because you have 4 wheels and I have 2. You probably have some form of recovery assistance and I have none. You also (probably :razz have money should you need to get a recovery truck, and again I don't.

I came off on some oil which caused the damage in the first place.

Edit/update : I actually just ordered all the bits to repair it, (both covers, and all the relevant seals, gaskets, bearings etc). According to the man at Kawasaki, he'll order the parts tommorow and they _should) get them Friday. Luckily for me, the technician guy actually lives in Thatcham, so he's saving me P&P by dropping them through my door, which is nice of him!

I'm going to "try" and get my Dad to help me swap the covers over, it's not quite as simple as unbolting one and slamming the other on. There are gaskets and bearings and the like. If between us, we can't get it done on Saturday, then I'll be unable to come without a ride. If I can, I'll get it done and then report on here Saturday night. Crossing fingers. I really do want to come to this.
Recovery service? Not for me, thanks. Quantity of wheels doesn't matter.

Good luck with the covers - they should be easy enough once you've drained the oil. Do you have a Haynes manual or equivalent for it?
No I don't Tristi. Might invest in one though, but it's a matter of money. I'm shit flat out broke now. (bits cost £172.88)

Then again, as long as I work thoroughly and take the cover off, remove and replace one part at a time it should be ok. :hide:
If the leak is as slow as you're saying, then oil getting under the rear tyre shouldn't be a worry (unless you were planning to go on a track day). As it happens, I do have a recovery services, which I bought before going on my first long drive (173 miles each way), costs a whopping £35 per year (IIRC).

Anyways, the decision of course your own to make, best of luck with the repairs.
I got RAC cover for last weekend when I was worried my headlights might randomly go and I had no more fuses. Went through Quidco and it cost me £36, about £21 of which I'll get back for going through that website. I reckon a little over £1/month is a pretty sweet deal.
@ Tristan, can [SR] Paul (my nephew) take Tongey's place please?

Edit: He's 23 btw, I'm just an old git
Hmmmm, getting tricky now... When was the last time anttt69 posted in here, and is Chris still planning on going...

Let's see... *checks post list* Incidentally, until I post this, both Race Center threads have 136 posts in them. Freaky!!!

We haven't heard from him (anttt) since December in these threads, but he did say he wanted to come on the 25th. Is Chris coming?

Technically they have first call on the remaining two places, so I'll (or you'll) have to bug them for a response. But it's highly likely one or two people won't make it on the day, so if he came along he'd probably get a go anyway.
I am still a go.
Considering Jamie and Chris both have transportation issues, it's quite possible there will be room anyway. Awkward the final few confirmations will be last minute but that's always how these things seem to go.
Mmhm, sorry! Conformation will either be Friday or Saturday from me (so long as I can fix everything) - if the parts haven't gotten here by 5pm Saturday I'll probably be confirming my withdrawl.
I WILL be able to go so long as there is wifi somewhere where we are going. My mum can give me a lift down there but needs to do some work on here laptop so aslong as there is a wifi connection somewhere near where we are going then I am a go.
Chris. What do you mean you got transport issues? Your only just up the road from me. Need a liftski?
Where do you live? If you could give me a "liftski" then that would be most welcome as it is a bit of an inconvenience for my mum.
Gills, your bloody miles away as i've already said. Chris lives pretty much around the corner from me. And like I said, horses heads. People's beds. Mob bosses. I've already said too much.
How long do we have in the centre? I got the impression it was going to be something like 4 hours, but if there was a time mentioned in this thread then I missed it.
Also, Tristan, do you want PMs of mobile numbers or something in case there are any problems?
Hehe I am good for transport =) I talk about my car enough on here, thought at least 1 of you might want to see it.
*ponders* I will mock it, if I did anything else I think i'd be letting you down
Nah I'm used to mocking. If I had the money I would NOT be driving this. But it was cheap and engineered well for what I wanted at the cost bracket I could afford. I had to compromise somewhere =) Saying that they are still selling used for the price I bought it new, more in some rare cases.

It's a capable car, but it's nothing fancy, still it's all I could afford though with the reliability high as well as the handling and performance. It has LSD, but still it's FWD and will push if driven too hard into a corner, but you pretty much have to be on a track to get near understeering in anything but a hairpin. The fronts can be overwhelmed easy enough to put you into understeer, but you have to be a complete idiot to that, less so now that I put harder tires on it, but still it takes a bit of power to break them loose.

It doesn't have multilink or anything fancy, just cheap struts, but for a DD you don't need anything more. Still, it will keep up to everything but a supercar, really have to be on the track though to see where the car under performs. And if I had the money to run trackdays and actually race, I would not be considering my car.
I mgiht have missed something, but what exactly is it? My car isn't exactly a wicked track machine either, but I like the way it looks and it does everything I need it to

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG