The online racing simulator
so?, whats the surprise? (it was quiet for a moment there)
surprise is the city in arizona... http://www.surpriseaz.com/ wonder if the devs were refering to this! maybe their holiday destination
Looks like everyone went outside :P

Too bad its raining here
looks like they are making us sweat big time, well i am,Just hope the patch is here soon like now. Good work that they have done since the first ever patch came out. AMAZING WORK.
i have insider news....they meant april 2007, so they will be releasing thing once a day for the next year...just to play with our minds.

I WILL HAVE MY VENGANCE!!!
Quote from v4forlife :i have insider news....they meant april 2007, so they will be releasing thing once a day for the next year...just to play with our minds.

I WILL HAVE MY VENGANCE!!!

very funny
day 350: added feature, attach yourself to the game to calculate your weight for the driver (driver model outlook changes dynamicaly)
day 356: APRILS FOOLS GUYS, There is no patch!!!
The "new aston gp -combo". Expected more creativity on this one

Aston north
Aston gran gp "touring" Better than the gp version but still...

Hmm. what about the updates/"bugs" people have been requesting like years for now:
- realistic diffs
- big performance differences in all classes
- a really long track
- engine and drivetrain damage
- sound improvements
- false starts
- sorting the online hosts list by car/track/players count/...
- small improvements for gui: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3549
- setup notes/asymmetric setups/setup sorting
- option to delete/rename replays
- to not be able to switch to other people's view while driving (to check tyre wear for example)
- sudden speed boost on collision with some objects/other players

And:
- rewindable replays
- clutch/stalling the engine

To implement some of these it would take like hour or two. And these all are way more important than some tyre sidewalls. Oh, and almost forgot the chinese language patch

?
As much as some people think the configs are worthless or not that interesting because it is only a few new corner combinations, I think the more choices, the better.... especially for leagues. :up:

And well, Aston is filled with loads more possible combinations, it is hard NOT to come up with something we are already familiar with.
I cant help but think that there is something fairly substantial left to be revealed.
If you think about it, since the original S2 alpha was released, we havent seen any new art content at all from Eric. So even allowing for say 3-4 months off after S2, that still the best part of 5-6 months work that we presume has been done by Eric.

So far we've been shown the updated tyre sidewalls (maybe a weeks work at most), the new cockpit displays which would have been part code anyway, 2 new aston configs involving some new kerbs and tyre walls which doesnt strike me as that much work, and lots of new lamposts (which is probably a fairly tedius cut and paste job, but still not months of work).

So the question is, if Eric has been working full time for 5-6 months, what exciting stuff has he been doing?
Quote from Hyperactive :
To implement some of these it would take like hour or two.

You cant know.

Quote : And these all are way more important than some tyre sidewalls. Oh, and almost forgot the chinese language patch

Eric must have been bored or he had extra time in his hands, you never know. Its a nice touch. And support for chinese is a very smart move, China is growing fast and there is lot of potential customers. And support for peoples own language just helps people to get in LFS and buy it, thats what impressed me most before I pressed the play button in the demo few years back, there isnt much games that have finnish translation. I dont need it but its nice
I am starting to think that today is make or break for Live For Speed. Is this the quite before the storm, or the storm before the quite.
Quote from Blackout :You cant know.

But I can guess. For example those gui improvements. Most of it is copy/paste or renaming some of the stuff. Currently there are things like turning off the turning off of the "..." which is just confusing
Quote from Dygear :I am starting to think that today is make or break for Live For Speed. Is this the quite before the storm, or the storm before the quite.

I don't think anything is going to break LFS...... there's nothing even close in the market today

NetKar might challenge in a year... when the bugs and user friendlyness is fixed.... and many physics patches are released!

LFS is already a great sim..... and we know it's going to get better
Hyperactive: totaly agree with all those improvements.

also it would be good not to flip 50ft in the air when hitting an autocross wall going 20mph
Maybe the Fern Bay oval?

I think it's important to remember what happens when you release an unfinished product no matter how good the physics if people can't get to the track due to silly mistakes and lack of testing you'll have another nK Pro.
I fully agree with you my teammate CharlieP!
I do too.
But sometimes I think "damn, what could be better in LfS"... I do really not find anything which could be improved. It's simply a great game, and it will always be one.

EDIT: Yay! 45 pages, 1322 posts - is any thread on this forum bigger??
I cleaned my monitor quite vigorously yesterday and now it looks like I've scratched some sort of coating off the glass at the bottom. It looks scruffy and I don't like it and it makes me sad.

Bit off-topic, but there you go.
Quote from QuickSilver :also it would be good not to flip 50ft in the air when hitting an autocross wall going 20mph

which will be one hell of a programming job (at least if im right about the tyre deformation and body deformation code being partly responsible) for scawen and probably slow down the game substantially on older machines
dont get me wrong it needs fixing and im sure its somewhere near the top of the list but i doubt were going to see the collision detection fixed in this patch
Today is the 16th April..... Starring at my screen, waiting for day 6 :munching_
@GianniC: this portraits all the members of this forum or at least 90 percent I think
^^^same
I think you can make that 99.99% tho... the 0.01 is off to get more candy & beer
what, it's already day6?, damn i i have been here too much....
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG