The online racing simulator
Bob, your avatar scares me.

I suppose I'll have to join the cool gang and change my avatar
Quote from Qurpiz :Someone said that Blackwood could have a longer config.

Someone has also said that you can't really have a thread here without someone posting a pic from Nordcshleife.

So...

Hell Yeah
one of the support roads could be "track-ized"

IMHO one of the things i love in LFS is the "little things" of BL, and the cops and robbers thing shew this, all those little nooks and crannies that make the track that much more realistic
I think the internet is slowing down waiting for this patch!
Quote from the_angry_angel :Bob, your avatar scares me.

I suppose I'll have to join the cool gang and change my avatar

Yeah I was thinking of going back to the old retro 2005 avatars, but thought I'd put a twist on it

And I'm glad the photo scares you, brings back memories of that night I suspect.
I have seen movies made based on game, Blackwood deserves real track made based on it
heh heh this is cryptic
I think:

New car (F1) + Weather effects

(Foggy BW and under a minute on BW)
Quote from siklosi :I have seen movies made based on game, Blackwood deserves real track made based on it

Just wait 'til I'm a millionare - I'll make a real-life blackwood. :P
Wow, the formula cockpits look great!

As for the strange clues I think they refer to fog and night racing:

I think the guru pic is fog because the road surface doesn't look wet plus we already have the haze effect so amplify that and we have fog

I'm not sure about night racing as it seems to be more of a rumour than fact however:
"In Roman mythology a Genius loci was the protective spirit of a place. It was often depicted as a snake. In contemporary usage, "genius loci" usually refers to a location's distinctive atmosphere, or a "spirit of place", rather than necessarily a guardian spirit.

Usage: "Light reveals the genius loci of a place." "
Alot of lamps seem to have apeared around the tracks so who knows? Night racing wouldn't need a big physics addition like wet surfaces so it is more likely.

This is all speculation of course.
Lol, loving this teasing riddles left by the devs. If they're not simply yanking everyones chains in response to this thread, then it is surely only one thing in my mind... distance fogging. Genius Loci is the distinctive atmosphere of a place... that simply says fogging to me. Not as in weather, just a common visual effect in most modern games.
why is everyone freaking out about the picture of blackwood? its a simple photo edit kidcodea (or don.. but probably kid) did who knows how long ago... hes done several pictures like that..
Hope
I hope you guys wont go like this when the patch is out. http://www.break.com/index/nin64kid.html

PS: I think this is new record 1500 posts in 5 days. When I wrote my post before about forum being slow I was on page 47, when I finished I was on 49. Then I refreshed the website and it was 50 lol. I searched for this video a little so Im probably on page 60 now.

illepall
Quote from XCNuse :why is everyone freaking out about the picture of blackwood? its a simple photo edit kidcodea (or don.. but probably kid) did who knows how long ago... hes done several pictures like that..

Because, anything that add to this already amazing (alpha should be called released as it is better the most full top notch, top dollar race sims out there) sim is a gift, and will add to it's immersiveness.
I think the "[fog] Light" on the FOX could be hinting to the fog effect and maybe rain is a bit optimistic

Quote :
That's nonsense. The impression you get from a GUI is 50% how it looks and 50% how it works. How well does it reflect on a "serious" simulation if the comparatively very simple interface system is total garbage when it comes to operating it?

I know it's total bullshit to judge a sim like this but it does happen I'm simply saying that LFSs marketing doesn't sell itself as a sim. Personally I find it a breath of fresh air compared with other sims.
Someone should really check the servers hosting forum and site, and eventualy add some extra coolers
I have a feeling that the blackwood guru page is one of those games where you look for hints in the text/html/image, and that leads you to the next page. At the end we would find the patch of course. Anyway, I've tried every url I could possibly come up with from that page, and nothing... I hope Vic doesn't recieve an email for every 404 or something. Wasn't me!
just fog would be really dumb!
crossed my mind, i checked page source for funny stuff inside, but nothing

BTW 1500 posts
crossed my mind, i checked page source for funny stuff inside, but nothing

BTW 1500 posts
ok if there gonna be rain isnt there gonna be working window wipers to wipe the rain off.

if theres gonna be night isnt there gonna be working headlights and taillights

*shadow now faints and hits submit reply*
Staring at the genuisloci.jpg picture I think I can see the grass actually growing! And what is that?!?! A guy with a lawn mower?!? OMG...

Some people are looking into these images a bit too much illepall
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG