The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
#51 - hda
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :what means Random FZ5 setups?

Sorry I ask this because I do not know about what´s the point of this "bug". Or is it?

two FZ5 setup files were created in the LFS folder in patch Z8
Quote from hda :two FZ5 setup files were created in the LFS folder in patch Z8

hmm okay, didn´t saw them, or actually didn´t tested with FZ50

well no problem, thanks for info
#53 - mobu
Quote from NightShift :Thanks! Now my XFG shakes again as in Z on the rumblestrips of AS7.

I can also confirm than the view shake system is back to normal.

/Morten
I noticed something. Before the test patches you could use the cockpit view, hit shift+u for the free camera and see the mirrors of the cars. Now you can't anymore.
I found a bug, it happens in Z9, and not in Z.

When driving with a mouse and running lfs in a window, try to minimize and maximize again.

The wheel will turn all the way left and just stay there, the only way to move the wheel again is to end the race and rejoin again.
Quote from T-RonX :I found a bug, it happens in Z9, and not in Z.

When driving with a mouse and running lfs in a window, try to minimize and maximize again.

The wheel will turn all the way left and just stay there, the only way to move the wheel again is to end the race and rejoin again.

Quote :CAN'T REPRODUCE :

Mouse steering only full lock after SHIFT+F4

Read better before posting.
#57 - Byku
Interesting... it's happening here too. I've runned LFS in full screen mode, then started BW with XRT on SPlayer, then shift+f4, with a mouse i clicked to minimize, then clicked to maximize again. Indeed the wheel is in full lock....

Yeah... we know sry ^^. Maybe Scawen had insufficient data regarding this problem :P.
Quote from T-RonX :I found a bug, it happens in Z9, and not in Z.

I think we all know that. Read at the 1st page. Anyway if you are lazy there you go:

Quote from Scawen :
CAN'T REPRODUCE :

Mouse steering only full lock after SHIFT+F4

#59 - Aid
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Read better before posting.

i would say YOU read better before posting... the guy just found a way to reproduce it
Everything works fine after SHIFT+F4 here, its only when minimizing and resuming. In fullscreen everything works fine too.
Quote from Aid :i would say YOU read better before posting... the guy just found a way to reproduce it

The way to reproduce was actually SHIFT+F4. But it doesnt always happen. I just tried it on Z8 too but can't seem to reproduce it.
#62 - Aid
Quote from Takumi_lfs :The way to reproduce was actually SHIFT+F4. But it doesnt always happen. I just tried it on Z8 too but can't seem to reproduce it.

i tried z8 and it happens every time... minimize and restore and voila....
btw if it was simply SHIFT+F4 developer would reproduce quite easy dont u think...?
I can reproduce the mouse lock issue, too. Just hit WinKey+D or minimize the game manually and the steering will be locked fully left when returning to LFS. However for me it only breaks when doing this in windowed mode - in fullscreen I can't get it to lock.
Okay, sorry for those posts but I reproduced it.

I just drove a lap on FE Club for instance.

When you press Shift+F4 it will make it in a windows window after that you select a other windows which will set lfs window at the background. After that you just select lfs windows and voila full lock.

Sorry, again guys.

E: You have to press the Minimize button on the window up right corner.

E: Yup, reproduced it 3 times in a row with that button.

E3 : 5 times with the minimize button (top right corner on window)
Yep, reproducing that bug every time here too.

Full screen - shift + f4 - minimize - maximize - shift +f4 = locked wheel
^ Though just adding to that, I'm 100% sure shift+f4 has no influence on this bug. It happens when LFS is in window mode, no matter whether it got there with shift+f4 or if it already started up windowed.
Yup, its just the minimized part.

Myth busted?
I had one small graphic error, but it went away once i pitted and rejoined again. Sadly i didnt save replay I have attempted to draw what happened. This is kind of what it looked like....
black lines sticking out of the drive wheels in line with the spokes. they also rotated with the wheels so as you can imagine, 100mph looked kinda funky!

I have tried to replicate it but with no luck so far.
Attached images
drive wheels error.jpg
That pic caused me ro LOL, but everybody knows this is called PHOTOSHOP
Quote from dustthatass :That pic caused me ro LOL, but everybody knows this is called PHOTOSHOP

Thats what i said originally. forgot to save the replay so i tried to draw what happened as best i could, to give a visual representation of the problem i had. and you're not totally right, i used paint!
Quote from AndroidXP :^ Though just adding to that, I'm 100% sure shift+f4 has no influence on this bug. It happens when LFS is in window mode, no matter whether it got there with shift+f4 or if it already started up windowed.

start windowed - minimize - maximize - locked wheel

(using mouse)
Quote from Slider-[DE] :start windowed - minimize - maximize - locked wheel
(using mouse)

Confirmed. I can replicate the problem with this method. I can still use the mouse buttons for throttle etc but steering becomes locked.
When selecting a car, I get a "Could not get number plate" about 3 times in chat. Only happened since z9. Sometimes get someones elses number plate in pit garage and fixes when i join track.
Quote from Slider-[DE] :start windowed - minimize - maximize - locked wheel (using mouse)

Wow, good find guys! It doesn't need to start windowed thought, if it start on full screen, change to windowed and then reproduce it, it works too.

Pressing Ctrl + C doesn't solve the problem, although exiting/entering on the race again solves it. [edit] Changing to full screen again doesn't solve the problem too. I couldn't reproduce this bug on official patch Z. [/edit]
Don't know if it helps, but here's a replay
Attached files
Velociround_BL1_XRT_14.spr - 76.2 KB - 278 views
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG