The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
The mouse/full lock glitch doesn't happen when using a mouse in 2-axis/wheel mode, only when in mouse/keyboard mode.
Switching controller modes, shift+p and shift+s don't fix it - although while in the options pages (shift+o), the wheel gets centred until I exit options (I assume it's ignoring mouse inputs when in options).

Aside from that and other known issues (flickering rims etc), I've had no problems with Z9.
Quote from fireb0llch :This bug is old.

But the bug is not there in Z official. That's why I posted the comparison pics.

IMO I think Michalxo is correct, as the video storage is removing items at different times now to compensate for a bug with the new shadows. It's nice to have static images in shift-U for screenshots etc, however if it's a side effect of the improvements, we will have to live with it.
Quote from fireb0llch :This bug is old.

No, it's new and only happens on test patches.

Maybe this was a correction for the old bug (things stopping/not working on shift + u)? But then it makes us unable to take screens and see the car mirrors/speedometer when in shift + u.

Quote from JasonJ :But the bug is not there in Z official. That's why I posted the comparison pics.

IMO I think Michalxo is correct, as the video storage is removing items at different times now to compensate for a bug with the new shadows. It's nice to have static images in shift-U for screenshots etc, however if it's a side effect of the improvements, we will have to live with it.

I think your post makes more sense than mine
Sorry I didn't notice it before.

I'm trying this patch on a new graphics card (now 9800GT 512MB)
And I'm reporting don't have any errors/bugs (except for the mouse full lock, which I don't usually have since I don't play windowed, and for the flickering wheel colors, that happens on any car for me). Will try soon on a FX5200 too and see how it goes.
I did not want to make a new topic, but the clutch.
In real life, when you release clutch and hold it in the right position(depends what car you have) , car does not stall out like in lfs, it starts to move.

Hope you get what i was trying to say.
Quote from Elevant :I did not want to make a new topic, but the clutch.
In real life, when you release clutch and hold it in the right position(depends what car you have) , car does not stall out like in lfs, it starts to move.

Hope you get what i was trying to say.

Did you mean that you will move without a gas? I did it couple of times in LFS
Quote from Flame CZE :Did you mean that you will move without a gas? I did it couple of times in LFS

Yes. What car did you use? Or maybe its my clutch pedal?
Quote from Elevant :Yes. What car did you use? Or maybe its my clutch pedal?

I tried it with FBM, XRT ... I think it is possible with almost all cars. And I'm using G25.
Quote from Flame CZE :I tried it with FBM, XRT ... I think it is possible with almost all cars. And I'm using G25.

I never could move the FXR, but the other cars are easy if you move your pedal smoothly.

I'm in the G25 club too hehe
Wow. For some reason I couldn´t do it before
Now works fine. Maybe because i´m in the home made pedal club...
Guys ask such a questions in beginners forum... and try higher gear rations ;P
Quote from Elevant :Wow. For some reason I couldn´t do it before
Now works fine. Maybe because i´m in the home made pedal club...

As you get no feedback through the pedals or your bottom, it is very hard to hold the clutch at the biting point, so you either stall, bog down the engine or spin the wheels instead...
Well the clutch feels very different from reality, it's very easy to jump in a car you've never driven before and get it in motion without using the throttle but in LFS quite a bit of effort is needed even with the throttle.

I don't think it's only a feedback problem, the transition around the bite point is quite sharp, and maybe the torque curves are part of the problem too.

I refuse to mess with DXTweak, IMO it's a problem with LFS- I didn't notice any difference in Z9 vs Z anyway
Quote from NightShift :Well the clutch feels very different from reality, it's very easy to jump in a car you've never driven before and get it in motion without using the throttle but in LFS quite a bit of effort is needed even with the throttle.

IRL with my car:
I sure have to use throttle the same time i drop the clutch it will stall the engine if i wont.
Quote from NightShift :Well the clutch feels very different from reality, it's very easy to jump in a car you've never driven before and get it in motion without using the throttle but in LFS quite a bit of effort is needed even with the throttle.

I don't think it's only a feedback problem, the transition around the bite point is quite sharp, and maybe the torque curves are part of the problem too.

I refuse to mess with DXTweak, IMO it's a problem with LFS- I didn't notice any difference in Z9 vs Z anyway

Did u think that it might use a Racing clutch/Sports clutch in LFS to get maximum shift specifications ??
As mentioned above, i think torque has a lot to do with it. Most cars in LFS seem to have less torque at low revs than most road engines. (LFS engines are designed to be used for racing, so it doesn't make much, if any, difference when used for racing)

Easy torque comparison: compare a TBO car with the FZ5. The FZ5 has mountains of torque comparatively thus is much easier to set off without using the throttle at all.

Physical feel (or lack thereof) also has an impact of course.

Anywho, back to the topic of test patches.....
-
(gaz328) DELETED by the_angry_angel : "OK guys, I'm pleased you are enthusiastic, but please don't post without any useful information." - Scawen
No problems so far on Radeon X1950GT.
Had a problem on the CTRA UF-BR server.

When restarted the race and standing on the grid i can't shift anymore.

Also when i started out of the pits, but in the controls menu it works fine and flashing white when i use the paddles.

The race before i had no problems.

http://img339.imageshack.us/im ... /bugreportshiftlfsac0.jpg
Maybe you hited shift+g and changed to H-gearbox (dunno if you can do that with MOMO, i suposso it's possible). And when you entered into the box it re-loaded the correct config
Quote from cathal50cc :Did u think that it might use a Racing clutch/Sports clutch in LFS to get maximum shift specifications ??

I rather think it could be made of butter as well.

IRL you can keep any road car still against a light descent just by playing with the clutch and throttle, often new licensed drivers lack the sensibility to keep the car barely over the idle and rev the engine close to 2000 rpm.

This has absolutely no short term consequences - but try it in LFS and tell me how much it takes before the clutch gets hot.
Quote from NightShift :I rather think it could be made of butter as well.

IRL you can keep any road car still against a light descent just by playing with the clutch and throttle, often new licensed drivers lack the sensibility to keep the car barely over the idle and rev the engine close to 2000 rpm.

This has absolutely no short term consequences - but try it in LFS and tell me how much it takes before the clutch gets hot.

u do have a point there. Happens more then once when leaving pitbox u rev the car and the clutch overheats.often with GTR cars..UFR is a bitch.
BUT..that has not changed in this patch what i can feel so that would belong in the "improvment suggestions"

what LFS needs right now is a locked TEST panel. reading thru this tread makes no sense.why in dear gods name is it so hard to keep this thread on subject?

yes, this is spam...shoot me
Quote from Whiskey :Maybe you hited shift+g and changed to H-gearbox (dunno if you can do that with MOMO, i suposso it's possible). And when you entered into the box it re-loaded the correct config

thanks
Quote from Easy_Mike :what LFS needs right now is a locked TEST panel. reading thru this tread makes no sense.why in dear gods name is it so hard to keep this thread on subject?

There's a beta testing team already and apparently it wasn't enough this time.

To a certain extent I think it's inevitable the discussion tends to generate spinoffs... even if some are plain silly, like the one where every kid and his cat stole their grannies' cars to check if ABS worked in reverse

Personally I find much more irritating when the same bug is reported over and over again (LX4 wheel and disappearing rims anyone?), because it means they've never cared about the thread in the first place and just rush in as if if there was some prize or something for having reported the bug first (yeah you can bet on it)

Ok, ok, no more posts from me unless I find another bug
Quote from JasonJ :But the bug is not there in Z official. That's why I posted the comparison pics.

I think that this is "not a bug". It's probably something what devs wanted (or forgot to fix it?)
I've just accidentally watched scirocco's video and mirrors are black untill view changes to "drivers eyes". Btw, wasn't it discussed somewhere before?
Nevertheless, I consider it as a regression.
1 & 2 Bugs, 3 is suggestion
1. I found this
2. Known already, just for those who don´t know (or haven´t see)
3. Suggestion, put 5-6 nuts on the wheels? and also it looks a bit dummy, but I don´t mean that I can´t drive it so don´t understand wrong

How about: If creating new veh file for LX, would it repair those known issues of LX4?
Attached images
BUgi.jpg
I think the Devs wait as long as possible if they have to release incompatible testpatches, as it always splits the userbase in two Maybe together with the Scirocco
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG