The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
WARNING : THIS IS A TEST

NOTE : THE VW SCIROCCO IS NOT INCLUDED

Hello Racers, here is a new Test Patch : Z9.

It is fully online compatible with version Z.
You can view hotlap replays made in version Z.

ABS brakes have been added to 5 cars (as a setup option) so for now you cannot upload hotlaps made in Z9.

Please keep a backup of your LFS.exe from version Z so you can go back to Z if there are any problems.

Changes in TEST PATCH Z9 :

FIX : Online statistics were not sent to LFS World
FIX : Random FZ5 setups were saved to the setups folder
FIX : View shake system missed high frequency information

KNOWN ISSUES :

LX4 number plate goes through spare tyre
Flickering wheel colour when changing rim colour

CAN'T REPRODUCE :

Mouse steering only full lock after SHIFT+F4

Changes in TEST PATCH Z8 :

ATTEMPTED FIX : Flickering shadow outline on some graphics drivers

Changes in TEST PATCH Z7 :

InSim : Traction Control and ABS are now reported in IS_NPL packet
FIX : Setup related multiplayer OOS bugs affecting test patch users

Changes in TEST PATCH Z6 :

ABS brakes removed from XF GTI
FIX : Crash in D3D8.dll (related to shadows)

Changes in TEST PATCH Z5 :

New language included : Español Latino (still need to add a flag)
FIX : Crash on closing LFS from multiplayer while tyres displayed
FIX : Shadow stretching bug on some graphics cards

Changes in TEST PATCH Z4 :

FIX : Polygon errors seen on some graphics cards
FIX : It was impossible to join an online race with a demo car

Changes in TEST PATCH Z3 :

Updated wheels on Formula BMW
Implemented ABS brakes in XFG / XRG / RB4 / FXO / XRT / FZ5
Improved wheel drawing system including rotating brake discs
Improved shadows - sharper and ambient shadow effect now included
InSim : New packets to start / search replays and take screenshots
FIX : Player name was wrong in entry screen on entry or after replay
FIX : Added checks to prevent guests joining with no user name or ID
FIX : OOS starting race after joining autocross host in entry screen

DOWNLOADS :

PATCH Z to Z9 (Version Z must already be installed) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_PATCH_Z_TO_Z9.exe (1.6 MB)

DEDICATED HOST Z9 (non-graphical version for hosting only) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_Z9.zip (1.6 MB)
why i cant post?

First!!!

Yay

Thanks scawen :P <3 ^^
Second?
nice one Scawen
Hi

1-
its not something specific to Z8 or Z9, but during replays, when the lower progression bar is visible, all other information (f9 f10 f11 f12 screens) disappears.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2rz6ond.jpg
It doesn't bother anyone, really, but I cant tell if its a bug or not. So, heads up

2-
One thing that does bother me is not something specific to Z"x" either but from the beginning of s2 till now.
The asphalt markings (white lines, yellow lines etc...) suddenly pop up very close to you. You can see them loading into the track. It happens during reverse tracks. As club rev, after the chicane, for instance.

cheers.
Quote from Heiko1 :why i cant post?

First!!!

Yay

Thanks scawen :P <3 ^^

Quote from Calvinaquino :Second?
nice one Scawen

OK guys, I'm pleased you are enthusiastic, but please don't post without any useful information.

I wouldn't mind even if you had downloaded it, installed and tested it, seemed to be ok and you wanted to report that.

But just a thanks or whatever, without even letting me know if you've run the patch yet, it's not really worth posting.
#6 - ZanZi
is there a difference between playing an ordinary replay and hotlap replay?
Just asking because a Z replay went OSS on me after playing 1~2s.

-=edit=-
i was doing a some chill out on bl1/rb4 with clutch and h-shifter on. There seems to be no problem with the other Z replays i got tho.

edit n2
it turned out that is the engine sound that caused it.Looks like that the engine sound i use in Z9 cant be run in Z.
Thanks for lfsworld fix :]
Just run it, didn't see anything strange. Not even flickering wheel colour when changing rim colour. So it seems to be OK
#9 - QBi
Hmmm I don't know if leaving ABS only to XRG in XFG/XRG class is a good idea. XRG is faster almost on every track, so imo it'd better to leave ABS system in XFG and not in the XRG It'd balance this class a bit imho.
Quote from QBi :Hmmm I don't know if leaving ABS only to XRG in XFG/XRG class is a good idea. XRG is faster almost on every track, so imo it'd better to leave ABS system in XFG and not in the XRG It'd balance this class a bit imho.

good drivers don´t need abs =/
#11 - QBi
This isn't the point. The point is that this is great occasion to balance this class withount interfering into suspension and/or engine. If You're so good driver you can always turn it off ...
Red Rider
scawen thx that u repaired lfs world bug
thx scawen
#15 - feat
Looking forward for even qualitative work.
Good work, keep going.
Im running it, so far no problems!
Yeah so far no problems here either.
But i thought you would stop working on it untill 2009??
Well anyway, still good that you changed your mind.
I have this installed and have no problems so far. I had Z8 installed and got a setup OOS error when I joined a server earlier on a demo server (All my unlocks are used). I was on a FBM server and selected my car , then selected default setup and went to join the race but got the OOS error. I will test this patch tomorrow on some online races.
no problems till now also.
btw... when´ll the new scirocco come now? early in january or more in february / later
Will this patch be needed in order to race online?? The only reason i ask is that i had the z5 patch earlier in the week, and once the new z8 patch came out i could not connect to the server i needed to be in until i downloaded z8, despite the server being patch Z. Im guessing that this was because of the ABS being removed from the XFG but would just like to be sure as my heart was in my mouth 4 minutes before the start of the meeting with me sitting there thinking oh shi... can't get in.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Will this patch be needed in order to race online?? The only reason i ask is that i had the z5 patch earlier in the week, and once the new z8 patch came out i could not connect to the server i needed to be in until i downloaded z8, despite the server being patch Z. Im guessing that this was because of the ABS being removed from the XFG but would just like to be sure as my heart was in my mouth 4 minutes before the start of the meeting with me sitting there thinking oh shi... can't get in.

The patch is not neccesary to race online. You can use Z patch to race online.
I know that, i was just thinking if the same could happen to me as before, in that the z5 patch i was running was made obsolete by the z8 patch, making me unable to connect to the server.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I know that, i was just thinking if the same could happen to me as before, in that the z5 patch i was running was made obsolete by the z8 patch, making me unable to connect to the server.

But that was a test patch, patch Z is a stable offical patch.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I know that, i was just thinking if the same could happen to me as before, in that the z5 patch i was running was made obsolete by the z8 patch, making me unable to connect to the server.

Don't use test patches if you are not ready for unforseen problems.
Thats true, but... Right, here is excactly what happened to me.

I had the original stable patch Z. The server i use (- -Lfs Bangers- -) is also running the stable original Patch Z.

I downloaded patch Z4, server still original Z, i could connect as normal.
I then downloaded Z5, server still original Z, i could connect as normal.

Then i went out for the afternon, came back onto lfs to race and could no longer connect with Z5. The server was still original patch Z, that was the error i got "SERVER IS PATCH Z"
I looked on here and Z6, Z7 and Z8 had all been released while i was out, and it wasnt until i installed Z8 that i could go onto the original patch Z server.

Sorry if i sound patronising because i'm really not, i am just terrible at explaining stuff without confusing myself so i had to break it all down to explain what happened to me.
This thread is closed

(166 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG