(166 posts, closed, started )
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :plausible

will you ever stop spamming?
-

Scawen, I had some texture glitches..

though it went back to normal after pitting
Attached images
xxxxxx.jpg
Quote from danthebangerboy :I had one small graphic error, but it went away once i pitted and rejoined again. Sadly i didnt save replay I have attempted to draw what happened. This is kind of what it looked like....
black lines sticking out of the drive wheels in line with the spokes. they also rotated with the wheels so as you can imagine, 100mph looked kinda funky!

I have tried to replicate it but with no luck so far.

this behaviour normally indicates problems with your driver/directx or overheating of your graphic card
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :will you ever stop spamming?
-

If that is somebody elses car, then that is normal if they've just left the pits.
-

That is normal , everyone one time hass that problem , is when the texture is not loaded ,or you vc or ram run out of space
Quote from ACCAkut :this behaviour normally indicates problems with your driver/directx or overheating of your graphic card

Good point, is 64 degrees too hot? I had been playing for about 2 hours, and the temp returned to the usual idling temp i get of about 52 degrees after 5 minutes of closing LFS.
-

Could also be the pit out glitch fix, if that was an on board shot of another driver
Quote from TheChad :Could also be the pit out glitch fix, if that was an on board shot of another driver

Yeah was..

If you ask...ummmm no. If you get annoyed, please go home and sleep well...

Anyway...I tested the patch Z9. No problems in here, only those old problems like rims flickering. So, I tried to test those rims with resolution change and graphics change.

Results: No effect

So, I was thinking is there colors in different kind of coding, or is it that DDS files have got broken when installing new patch? maybe have to update them too...Or then I don´t know

I am trying that now, I will tell the results in this post.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I had one small graphic error, but it went away once i pitted and rejoined again. Sadly i didnt save replay I have attempted to draw what happened. This is kind of what it looked like....
black lines sticking out of the drive wheels in line with the spokes. they also rotated with the wheels so as you can imagine, 100mph looked kinda funky!

I have tried to replicate it but with no luck so far.

my lfs allways has a random polygon glitch, but its different every time, i think its your (our) graphics cards :P
Well, for me the polygon issues have been fixed. I used to get them in Z3 or so.
No problems to report with a Nvidia 9800gt
Quote from danthebangerboy :Good point, is 64 degrees too hot? I had been playing for about 2 hours, and the temp returned to the usual idling temp i get of about 52 degrees after 5 minutes of closing LFS.

That's not too hot... in fact, 64 deg. a perfectly normal temperature for a GPU under load.
No problems with Z9 discovered by now on two different systems (Nvidia 7600GT/6800GT)
Hello I had a Problem with Z4 and now Z9 too. It seems to happen spontanousely. LFS is running in fullscreen mode and minimizes. The monitor LED changes to red and then green again -> Desktop appeares.

mostly on practice sessions on multiplayer always XRG

USB H-gate shifter
USB Saitek r100 Wheel
Gameport MS Sidewinder FF Wheel

my PC:
Athlon 2400+
Geforce4 ti 4800SE
1,5GB Ram (three different 512Mb)
(where can i find the graphic driver?)
Attached images
lfs_00000086.GIF
Quote from Trebuh :
(where can i find the graphic driver?)

Start - Run - dxdiag

There you will find pretty much everything you need
oh that doesnt explain nothing to me

but im running win XP pro SP2
Attached images
graphic.JPG
Quote from Trebuh :oh that doesnt explain nothing to me

but im running win XP pro SP2

Its all there in the attachment you posted,

You have an Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4800 SE graphics card

and you are using the 6.14.0010.9371 version of drivers.
I found a bug, When I was driving I lost control and I went right thru the wall at the ads on the hill in FE black rev.

I did it with the RAC i dont knopw if its with the other cars or not im about to try it with another car in a sec.

Edit: I did it with an FXR and an XRT and they didn't go thru
Attached files
crash wall.spr - 70.5 KB - 295 views
Quote from scoobyrbac :I found a bug, When I was driving I lost control and I went right thru the wall at the ads on the hill in FE black rev.

I did it with the RAC i dont knopw if its with the other cars or not im about to try it with another car in a sec.

Edit: I did it with an FXR and an XRT and they didn't go thru

That happened to me in a BF1 at South City 1 as well. I drove extremely fast into the chicane in front of the gap between the 2 buildings after the hairpin and went right through the wall. Couldn't reproduce that bug with the BF1 or other cars. That was in Z4 though.
Good news LFS Devs

Live For Speed patch is working flawlessly on FreeBSD 7.1 the only issue I had in which I didn't on the normal Z? Is shadows appear rather funky.

1440x900
A64 x24800
2gb dual channel ddr2
NVidia 8500GT 512mb.

When you drive around the shadow seems to fallow, I had this issue with wine 1,1,9,1 also but it was just a black line that would go around the car as you drove, shadows were fine. Now it's like theres 2 shadows AND the weird line if I recall.

No biggie though, I'm greatful enough you guys code good software that emulated flawlessly on freebsd :-)
Hmm, i see difference in graphics. Everything is fine, except 1 thing what happened to me when watching replay of myself in Single Player.

Also sometimes texture size will be so little trough those ... umm ... gate circuit? Soz my english

Edit: Sorry, i forgot to tell that the bug came out in Z8
Attached images
lfsscreen.jpg
Quote from hazaky :Hmm, i see difference in graphics. Everything is fine, except 1 thing what happened to me when watching replay of myself in Single Player.

Also sometimes texture size will be so little trough those ... umm ... gate circuit? Soz my english

Edit: Sorry, i forgot to tell that the bug came out in Z8

I have almost the same problem here. Textures are randomly going wild, horizon and areas surrounding the track are spammed with skin textures and numberplate text from random cars and HUD text looks similar to your screen. But i don't think this is Z8 bug, since on my PC it started in november, when i bought new computer, so i think it's graphics card related problem. Can't reproduce it now, since it's very random, sometimes it never happens and sometimes it pops in after few(more) minutes.

EDIT: example from 24th november Clicky Not that bad here, got also few worse.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG