The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
Quote from geeman1 :Don't use test patches if you are not ready for unforseen problems.

I know some problems are to be expected, i mean thats the point, the devs allow us to get hold of the test patches, and i for one, try all different combinations of tracks, cars switching to other tasks, etc, to see if i can break them! thats all parts of the testing process isn't it, to try and expose any problems.
Quote from Scawen :FIX : View shake system missed high frequency information

Thanks! Now my XFG shakes again as in Z on the rumblestrips of AS7.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Will this patch be needed in order to race online?? The only reason i ask is that i had the z5 patch earlier in the week, and once the new z8 patch came out i could not connect to the server i needed to be in until i downloaded z8, despite the server being patch Z. Im guessing that this was because of the ABS being removed from the XFG but would just like to be sure as my heart was in my mouth 4 minutes before the start of the meeting with me sitting there thinking oh shi... can't get in.

Why would you want to be using an old TEST patch... All of this conversation was already in the Z8 thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1012575#post1012575 . Please use the search.

I'm not testing so my posting here is also pretty useless, just looking through the stuff testers find and how the problems are solved. So not happy reading the same nonessential stuff over and over again...
Quote from danthebangerboy :...wasnt until i installed Z8 that i could go onto the original patch Z server.

Only the latest test patch is workin online. That's not a bug, is a normal thing to avoid problems already fixed
MANY Thanks Scavier for another (buggy) test patch!!!
Hey Scawen, I've still two errors for you, if you're already in the LX4 to do something :-)

- If you select a woman as the driver, you can see the ass through the floor
- The front headlights are not attached to the vehicle chassis

Would be nice if these "small" errors would be corrected because it looks a little ridiculous if the driver in front of you hits the bottom with "her" ass :-)

Greetings

SPEED-LINK looka

EDIT: plz give this a reply or something so I know you noticed me :-)
Hi, I noticed that the green light flickers when driving by on blackwood. Running on 8x AA and 16X AF. Sometimes half of it is there, sometime its full and sometimes its gone. It all happens really quick but you can tell it flickers when driving by

Also ABS is applied while braking in mid air. (bug?)
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
Quote from Whiskey :Only the latest test patch is workin online. That's not a bug, is a normal thing to avoid problems already fixed

thanks, now i finally understand, iv'e had a busy day, i think my slow brain is even more broken than usual!
#34 - Byku
Quote from KanseiDneova :Hi, I noticed that the green light flickers when driving by on blackwood. Running on 8x AA and 16X AF. Sometimes half of it is there, sometime its full and sometimes its gone. It all happens really quick but you can tell it flickers when driving by

Everything's fine here. (Radeon HD4800 series, Cat. 8.12)
Quote from phoenixIlooka :Hey Scawen, I've still two errors for you, if you're already in the LX4 to do something :-)

- If you select a woman as the driver, you can see the ass through the floor
- The front headlights are not attached to the vehicle chassis

Would be nice if these "small" errors would be corrected because it looks a little ridiculous if the driver in front of you hits the bottom with "her" ass :-)

Greetings

SPEED-LINK looka

EDIT: plz give this a reply or something so I know you noticed me :-)

He notices everything in the test patch forums. He's already stated before that he has no time to reply to every single thing.

He has already pointed out physical errors in the LX4 can't be fixed right now because it would cause an OOS error and requires an incompatible patch. If this is an old error it should have really been put in the bugs/cars general forum. This thread is specifically for new bugs in the new patch.

Hope this answers your questions

</forum police>
Just saw the rim flickering being a known issue but that's not the only problem.

When you change the colour of the car its like loading a bit slower than usual. Try it yourself, play with the Body-color of the car. Other than that it seems okay.
Hey guys i was just going onto LFS and when i went to the Muliplayer list this came up. Pics attached. I am running Test Patch Z5 so i'll download and install Z9 and tell you. I just updated LFS to Z9 and it works so if you want to delete this go ahead.
Attached images
Majormultiplayerbug.JPG
I seem to be getting a tiny problem when i brake with the ABS turned on the wheel colour gose to orange shown in pic

Is it a bug or what or is meant to do this?
Attached images
lfs_00000110.jpg
Quote from .Mikee. :I seem to be getting a tiny problem when i brake with the ABS turned on the wheel colour gose to orange shown in pic

Is it a bug or what or is meant to do this?

It´s a feature so you can see on which wheels the ABS is active.
Quote from DoriMasta :scawen wai u never actually play online lol

Please don't spam; especially in test patch threads

I agree with one of the posters that the ABS in xrg/xfg should be evened out. Maybe even take it out of XRG and put it back in for XFG to even out a tiny bit.

Thanks for working even when you don't want to, scawen <3
Quote from KanseiDneova :Hi, I noticed that the green light flickers when driving by on blackwood. Running on 8x AA and 16X AF. Sometimes half of it is there, sometime its full and sometimes its gone. It all happens really quick but you can tell it flickers when driving by

Also ABS is applied while braking in mid air. (bug?)

I get the light flickering bug too. I've had it since patch Z. Is your gfx card an Nvidia card?
Quote from Scatter :I get the light flickering bug too. I've had it since patch Z. Is your gfx card an Nvidia card?

yes, it's a GeForce 9800GT
Hmm. I've got an 8600GTS. Byku said he had an ATI card and doesn't have it. Anyone else have this bug?
For those who don't see it, it looks like this:
Attached images
Untitled-1.gif
Quote from Scatter :I get the light flickering bug too. I've had it since patch Z. Is your gfx card an Nvidia card?

It's just because both textures are on "the same level" thus they may sometimes go through each other. It doesn't depend on the graphics card, but from where you are viewing them in the game and how they are rendered in that specific position. Not really a "bug" that should be posted on the test patch since it was not caused by the test patch itself, and IMO is a known bug.

Quote from swisscosmo :Hey guys i was just going onto LFS and when i went to the Muliplayer list this came up. Pics attached. I am running Test Patch Z5 so i'll download and install Z9 and tell you. I just updated LFS to Z9 and it works so if you want to delete this go ahead.

Quote from Scawen :Previous test patches were made obsolete for online usage due to an extremely bad OOS bug that would kick all test patch users.

...and also because the XFG does not have ABS any more so this makes it fair for all.

Quote from KanseiDneova :Also ABS is applied while braking in mid air. (bug?)

Not a bug IMO. A real car wouldn't know if its wheels are touching the ground or not and even if it did, that wouldn't be a variable for ABS in order to work properly...

Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :I'm not sure where i should post this but I think it would be really good if instead of having to wait for skins to download while you are connecting to a server, they are downloaded while you are racing

Improvement suggestions should ... re (not on test patches).

Scawen, test patch is working correctly on the computer I tested.
8600GT drivers 180.84
I'll make further tests on more computers and see if I get something.
Cheers
Oh. Then how does Byku not get it? Just wondering.
Disclaimer: This message below is NOT RELATED to LFS TEST PATCHES nor this test patch in any way, and can be avoided if you want .
Quote from Scatter :Oh. Then how does Byku not get it? Just wondering.

Maybe he didn't look into it enough to notice the bug, maybe his drivers/graphics card is rendering directx in a way that these textures don't overlap from his point of view, etc. It's not really a bug, it may be something with directx (how it renders things in dx), and it could be easily corrected (putting some space between the textures) but probably it would take us to download the whole track again on the next patch just for fixing it. And then after fixing it, perfectionist people would complain "the green light is not touching the black thingy by 1 milimeter/is floating on the track" just like they already do with the track line [4]

If you play older directx games (e.g. dx5) you will notice that this overlapping issue was even worse before (whole polygons/walls/objects/cars overlapping, even with considerably different positions). That's with the 3D position the graphics card/directx renders polygons/textures in the 3D space.
#47 - Byku
I tried to recreate it again... without success. The lights seems fine in my LFS. (i've got DirectX 9.0c with XP SP3)
Quote from Scatter :Hmm. I've got an 8600GTS. Byku said he had an ATI card and doesn't have it. Anyone else have this bug?
For those who don't see it, it looks like this:

Have you got Z-buffer depth at maximum?
I get this bug..

WARNING: Shadow error (1)

Only when i use Hi-res shadows...
i have no idea what gfx card i have.. it's probably old and rubbish though

EDIT: it's an Xabre... don't know what kind. sorry
what means Random FZ5 setups?

Sorry I ask this because I do not know about what´s the point of this "bug". Or is it?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z9 (online compatible)
(166 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG