The online racing simulator
I'm also having some FPS issues (80-100 to 60-70 because of the new shadows. But other then that it's all fine.
Quote from NightShift :So weird! After switching to Z5 my car doesn't shake as much as it did in plain Z. I switched a couple times between Z5 and Z to make sure.

E.g. XFG on AS7, the rumblepad in first screenshot used to make the whole car shake, now it hardly moves.

I have also noticed this. Driving on South City now feels much less bumpy both concerning the shaking of the cockpit view and the force feedback.

I wonder if this is an intentional change or it is a side effect of one of the many internal changes announced for this patch...

/Morten
Fantastic !
Kunos only works over you.
Good Job.
Quote from Specht77 :yeah, I noticed too that the movements of the camera are now "softer"

(softer is correct, moviments is incorrect)
I noticed it too, and I like this "new camera feature" more
The shadow at the Westhill pit lane is pretty messed up if you set weather to Cloudy Afternoon.

Also the car shadow is displayed on top of the garage instead of under the car, but I think that bug was already reported.

I'm using a ATi Radeon X1800 XT on XP x64 SP2 with Catalyst 8.4
Attached images
2.JPG
1.JPG
Quote from T-RonX :The shadow at the Westhill pit lane is pretty messed up if you set weather to Cloudy Afternoon.

Also the car shadow is displayed on top of the garage instead of under the car, but I think that bug was already reported.

I'm using a ATi Radeon X1800 XT on XP x64 SP2 with Catalyst 8.4

As far as I know, It's always been like that
I don't know if they've been reported before but I'm having problems with strange flickering shapes around the cars.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
ATi Radeon HD3870x2
Catalyst 8.11

edit: Just skimmed the rest of the thread and noticed it's been reported before. To add some more information I didn't alt+tab out of LFS, I didn't shift+F4 and the problem happens as soon as I leave the pits. My card is a crossfire implementation, I suppose, but I've never had this problem before in LFS. I'm also running a dual monitor setup (but LFS only runs on my primary monitor).

edit2: Just updated drivers to 8.12 and having the exact same issue.
Attached images
lfs_00000024.jpg
lfs_00000026.jpg
-
(wien) DELETED by wien
w0w, Shadowww bug is fixed now. NV 8400M GS 512M.
Quote from Scawen :ABS brakes have been added to 6 cars (as a setup option) so for now you cannot upload hotlaps made in Z5.

So if i understand you correctly, once the patch is completed we are able to upload hotlaps again (even hotlaps done with version Z5)?
Quote from amp88 :To add some more information I didn't alt+tab out of LFS, I didn't shift+F4 and the problem happens as soon as I leave the pits. My card is a crossfire implementation, I suppose, but I've never had this problem before in LFS. I'm also running a dual monitor setup (but LFS only runs on my primary monitor)

Thank you for that extra information. Please watch out for any new test patches and see if I've tried to fix that bug, if so let me know if we have failure or success!

I can see clearly the reported "shadow outline" bug in the first screen shot, but no problem in the second one? And when you say "flickering" is it flickering fast? Or does it stay one way for a while then change every now and then?

Quote from 510N3D :So if i understand you correctly, once the patch is completed we are able to upload hotlaps again (even hotlaps done with version Z5)?

No, I think you are trying to read too much into what I said. I only made a vague statement because I do not know when or if Z3 / Z4 / Z5 hotlaps will be uploadable. For example, if the ABS implementation changes, then hotlaps with test patches up to that point would never be uploadable. We expect to make hotlaps uploadable when we have a version that is stable and we are happy with.
Quote from Scawen :
No, I think you are trying to read too much into what I said. I only made a vague statement because I do not know when or if Z3 / Z4 / Z5 hotlaps will be uploadable. For example, if the ABS implementation changes, then hotlaps with test patches up to that point would never be uploadable. We expect to make hotlaps uploadable when we have a version that is stable and we are happy with.

Oh ok so just like you're always doing it (just too bad i have forgotten about that while starting to hotlap :doh. Just wanted to be sure. Besides that, i did a hotlap with an FZR which is not affected by the ABS afaik. Would it be possible in any way to only exclude those cars affected by ABS? :bowdown:

(or am i missing something else here?)
Got a quest

Does the Scirocco got the 'DSG' gearbox? would be rly great
Quote from Heiko1 :Got a quest

Does the Scirocco got the 'DSG' gearbox? would be rly great

nope
Quote from mobu :Driving on South City now feels much less bumpy both concerning the shaking of the cockpit view and the force feedback.

I only focused AS7 as this is the combo I've raced almost every day recently. The bump on the finish line is still very visible, and IMO the FFB is not significantly different.

The rumblestrip is another matter though...

Quote from mobu :I wonder if this is an intentional change or it is a side effect of one of the many internal changes announced for this patch...

Considering that Scawen did not comment on this, I guess he is focusing on graphic glitches, but it might as well be intended. Let's wait and see.
Quote from Anzeee :That's why it would be good if servers was able to force ABS on or off. People are different. Some are racing better without ABS than some people will all possible driving aids. I mean, it's stupid to take ABS off for all players, just becouse some players like racing without ABS more .

Heres the problem - ABS brakes each wheel INDEPENDENTLY, so it can stop the car quicker than you can even with infinite control over the brake pedal - as you are limited by the traction of the wheel with the least grip - so you are always faster with it.
i don't know if this has to do with this test patch but i've never noticed this before. The bug/glitch is when i was racing the LX6 last night i was changing the colors of the rims and i had the innner part of the rims black and the outer area red and when i was changing the red from green to red the inner area was flickering as the red had made the black look a little brighter. So it wasn't a smooth change it was very framey.
Can i send hotlap with this patch to LFSWORLD.NET ?
With Z4 Test patch i cant do it.
Freezing mouse
With the new updates on patch z, I have found a bug. I've had this bug on two computers too...

The bug is:
When i press shift+f4, so i can look at other programs when im pitting etc, I have seen that the wheel in the car has freezed (When using mouse). Then, the car is only turning full to the right or full to the left, and there is no way to get it back. The only way to fix it is restearting the game :s

Sorry if there is some misunderstandings ...

Pls fix this bug

-WrEn
Quote from VTiRacing :Can i send hotlap with this patch to LFSWORLD.NET ?
With Z4 Test patch i cant do it.

Nope.
Quote from Scawen :Thank you for that extra information. Please watch out for any new test patches and see if I've tried to fix that bug, if so let me know if we have failure or success!

I can see clearly the reported "shadow outline" bug in the first screen shot, but no problem in the second one? And when you say "flickering" is it flickering fast? Or does it stay one way for a while then change every now and then?

I actually uploaded the wrong picture, sorry. The shadow is indeed flickering. I've made a short movie of it and attached it with this post.
Attached files
Shadow Problem.part1.rar - 1.9 MB - 308 views
Shadow Problem.part2.rar - 1.9 MB - 326 views
Shadow Problem.part3.rar - 1.9 MB - 326 views
Shadow Problem.part4.rar - 1.9 MB - 316 views
Shadow Problem.part5.rar - 625.4 KB - 336 views
Thanks again Scavier!!!
Quote from WrEn :With the new updates on patch z, I have found a bug. I've had this bug on two computers too...

The bug is:
When i press shift+f4, so i can look at other programs when im pitting etc, I have seen that the wheel in the car has freezed (When using mouse). Then, the car is only turning full to the right or full to the left, and there is no way to get it back. The only way to fix it is restearting the game :s

Sorry if there is some misunderstandings ...

Pls fix this bug

-WrEn

I've had this exact problem but i didn't think it was the game beuase my mouse some times does it but for me i just could only turn to the full left or right and i just stopped the car and waited a few seconds and then it when away. But please Scavier fix this as it has cost me some positions I do have once in ahwile my steering freezes for like 1/2 a second to 1.5 seconds but very short time.
Quote from Scawen :

Can you make the shadows go wrong like that every time?

If so, what is the exact sequence of keys you use? LFS is supposed to detect all cases where dynamic shadows can be corrupted, but still doesn't seem to notice in some cases. I think it depends on your computer as well but anyway, I'd like to know exactly how you can create that bug, if you can reproduce it reliably.

sorry for the late reply iv not check forum for a day,

it was fine on 8.11 cats, but now with 8.12's it happens as you leave the pits, but on the 8.11's you had to shift F4 then shift F4 back into game for it to happen.
I just wish that i had realised this patch was going to replace a few of the dds files, as it has replaced every single one of the custom ones i made, my project is now defunct for a while as I have no backups of the files i made. Nobodys fault but mine, but still annoying.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z5 - online compatible (no VW)
(257 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG