The online racing simulator
Quote from Riders Motion :I still get the fuzzy shadows on this patch.

Nvidia 7600GT

I'm not sure what you mean, please can you post a screen shot?

Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Hello there, i was just taking a picture with the new patch, (see picture 1) when i then Shift F4'd the game to save it to take another, then i maximised it again, then i got some weird under car neons appear lol.. or etleast it looks like it, (see picture 2)

allso when your driving in chase view the shadows look jaggid as if the car has millions of dents in it or somthing lol

Graphs cards:

Two 4870X2's running in Crossfire X
Drivers ATI cat 8.12's

Can you make the shadows go wrong like that every time?

If so, what is the exact sequence of keys you use? LFS is supposed to detect all cases where dynamic shadows can be corrupted, but still doesn't seem to notice in some cases. I think it depends on your computer as well but anyway, I'd like to know exactly how you can create that bug, if you can reproduce it reliably.
Quote from Maix :well, the new shadows are not worth 10fps less in my opinion. (Didn't even notice the difference - are there any screenshots that show the difference btw?)

Here you are
Attached images
shadowsyy3.jpg
Don't know if it's related with this patch but i had a crash few minutes ago:

It happend just after quali session init.
Attached images
crash.jpg
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Hello there, i was just taking a picture with the new patch, (see picture 1) when i then Shift F4'd the game to save it to take another, then i maximised it again, then i got some weird under car neons appear lol.. or etleast it looks like it, (see picture 2)

allso when your driving in chase view the shadows look jaggid as if the car has millions of dents in it or somthing lol

Graphs cards:

Two 4870X2's running in Crossfire X
Drivers ATI cat 8.12's

but other than the random shadow thingy, its all iv spotted so far

I have the same problem but with the oil effect around the shadow, i traced it to being when crossfire is enabled when playing lfs, try disabling then report back to see if it worked because i think it is down to that.
Just had a LFS crash with Z5. Was spectating a racer with the F9 display showing and went to tab to another, and LFS crashes:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 49451a54
Fault Module Name: d3d8.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcbf
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00045bd7
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: eb67
Additional Information 2: e67445a67aa3c06fb52c4c1d1e07154f
Additional Information 3: 8679
Additional Information 4: b9f17819de6340eb733f2c63884e0e0b

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Quote from wheel4hummer :I think the traction control minimum speed on the FZ5 should be measured at the wheels as opposed to the actual speed of the car.

it is which is why tc doesnt work if you lock your front wheels or if you have a 4 million hp bf1 with 4wd

Quote :The ABS also seems to have a minimum speed around 5m/s.

just like a real abs
Looking at the new VW in the CMX Viewer, I just wanted to point out that I think the plastic cover over the instrument panel seems overly reflective. Maybe it's not nearly that bad in the game, but in the viewer, it's really too shiny IMO.
Quote from wheel4hummer :That just means you suck at cadence braking. Anyway, it seems like ABS will make LFS more competitive.

It won't make it more competative, you obviously havn't tested it, you can get stability under braking but also up the brake force by 200 or more so you can brake later but you can also carry the brakes into the corner.
The shadow extensions seem to be fixed for me.
Quote from Shotglass :it is which is why tc doesnt work if you lock your front wheels or if you have a 4 million hp bf1 with 4wd

OH, it's measured at the non-drive wheels in LFS? Okay, that would make sense then. But the traction control in my car in real life doesn't react at all similarly to traction control in LFS.

Quote from Shotglass :just like a real abs

But then how does the ABS system know what the true speed of the car is? Also, if all four wheels lock up then can't ABS not do anything about it?

Or, is it that not all four wheels will ever lock up at the same time? Like, the front wheels will always lock up before the rears no matter what, so the ABS is already taking braking power away from the front wheels before the rear wheels begin to lock up? Is that how it works? The minimum speed on my car seems to be lower then it is in LFS if that is the case. Next time it snows I'll test this, and see where the cut-off point is.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :It won't make it more competative, you obviously havn't tested it, you can get stability under braking but also up the brake force by 200 or more so you can brake later but you can also carry the brakes into the corner.

Whatever you say. Not like it really matters anyway. It's not unfair if everyone can choose to use it.

---

BTW, the shadows look weird on my computer.
Attached images
shdw1.jpg
shdw2.jpg
Im not too bothereed about people using it, after all its put in there to be used, but i think servers locking it should be pretty essential.
Any chance of taking ABS away from the FXO? It might be a quick and dirty way to even up the TBOs.
GC: HD3850 512MB
The shadows are bad here too
#89 - Vain
Quote from wheel4hummer :Next time it snows I'll test this, and see where the cut-off point is.

Modern implementations of ABS can estimate the surface by judging the way the tyres behave and estimate the surface. This information is used to switch to different modes of operation. The ABS in modern vehicle will behave differently on snow than on dry tarmac.
A good estimate for the lowest operation speed of ABS is an estimated free rolling velocity of 1 m/s.
Notice that ABS doesn't just unblock the wheels and attempts to approach the braking pressure closest to locking. It tries to estimate the longitudinal slippage of the tyre and achieve 80-90% of best deceleration so that transversal slipping caused by steering inputs will not immediately lock the tyres and the vehicle remains maneuverable.

ABS doesn't optimise braking distance. It allows vehicle maneuverability under braking.

Vain
Quote from Danke :Any chance of taking ABS away from the FXO? It might be a quick and dirty way to even up the TBOs.

+1 from me for that
Espaniol Latino ? , i dont get it , what is the diference within Castellano and spanish
Quote from SRR Marty :
Quote from Danke :Any chance of taking ABS away from the FXO? It might be a quick and dirty way to even up the TBOs.

+1 from me for that

That would be a completely artificial and unpredictable way of balancing. Why not use the handicap system that was put there exactly for balancing reasons?
Quote from Inouva :Espaniol Latino ? , i dont get it , what is the diference within Castellano and spanish

Castellano is Spanish Spanish and Latin Spanish is Latin American Spanish
Quote from J@tko :Castellano is Spanish Spanish and Latin Spanish is Latin American Spanish

In all latino america es almost the same Language , only change a few words and spells , but i dont get it , if latino america has his own language , argentina should have their own like i say A few test patch before

Because Castellano from spain and castellano from argentina they are NOT the same language

And yes i know the Castellano come from castilla is in spain , but i just feel a little Odd , thinking now dev put the NEW lanaguage for Latino americans...

And i dont wanna argue this theme

Is just my point of view

But Whatever , Thx for the patch
Scirocco will be out Friday, stop asking please.
Just noticed, ghey shadows here too. 9800GTX
These patches always come out JUUUUUST as I'm going home for winter break for a month. I'm leaving on the 19th... godammit, lol. I just hope I get to try the darned thing before I leave all my equipment for a month.
Quote from Inouva :In all latino america es almost the same Language , only change a few words and spells , but i dont get it , if latino america has his own language , argentina should have their own like i say A few test patch before

Because Castellano from spain and castellano from argentina they are NOT the same language

And yes i know the Castellano come from castilla is in spain , but i just feel a little Odd , thinking now dev put the NEW lanaguage for Latino americans...

And i dont wanna argue this theme

Is just my point of view

But Whatever , Thx for the patch

There is a special thread for discussion of Latino.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51392

The Latino translator was talking to Victor and I think he said that the American Spanish was generally quite different from European Spanish so it was worth doing a Latino translation.

How about trying it out and seeing if it is true, is it more like your own version of Spanish? Or do we really need a different Spanish for every country that speaks Spanish? I was under the impression that there was a general similarity between the Latino versions of Spanish.

Anyway please do discuss it on that thread. It's a test patch and that translation is there... to be tested... and discussed!
I found a bug, but I don't know if it's an old bug or if it is introduced with Z5.

Cars shadows doesn't display from interior view

EDIT : bug not appear in custom view mode but only with LX4 / 6 and MRT

Attached images
Shadows_01.jpg
Shadows_02.jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z5 - online compatible (no VW)
(257 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG