The online racing simulator
got multiple instances of the same bug. as far as i know, the server is a Z2 Dedi server. I do not know if they updated it to Z3 Dedi.
Attached images
lfs_00002113.png
lfs_00002117.png
lfs_00002116.png
lfs_00002115.png
Yes, what roadrunner said (and zippy). Yesterday half the server lost connection too. Dont know what it is, but it started after the new patch.
Quote from Zipppy :got multiple instances of the same bug. as far as i know, the server is a Z2 Dedi server. I do not know if they updated it to Z3 Dedi.

I got that with Z4 on one of our servers. So it isn't server side then.
Yes, yesterday I was at TC and we losed connection after patch..

Lets test this new one..
The new patch: Z5 seems to have fixed that. I lost connection when I had Z4 now I have Z5 everyone else loses conn.

Mbutcher / Lampshade
Quote from rc10racer :Updated to Z5 and got a gfx/shadow problem.

ATI X2 4850 Crossfire
8.12 driver version

Thanks, but what did you do to make the shadow edges go black? I guess they are ok the first time you see the shadow? And then what do you need to do to make that problem appear? Something like clicking on another program and coming back to LFS, or going full screen, etc... or is it like this all the time no matter what you do?

Quote from Loko VEN :Thx Scawen. I donwload the test patch. I think it´s good.

One question. Why the training isn´t in spanish?

I dont have a good english but I will help with that coz I can understand english.

Sorry for my bad english.

That is because Latino has not been full implemented, so LFS does not yet recognise it, to use Castellano as the backup language.

Quote from Zipppy :got multiple instances of the same bug. as far as i know, the server is a Z2 Dedi server. I do not know if they updated it to Z3 Dedi.

OK, this setup OOS thing, I'll look into how that can be happening. I guess it must be something to do with the ABS option.

lolz im in the first pic :S
DX8 crash seems to be gone for me. I've been fiddling with the LX4 at FE6R, where it usually crashes for me, and all's been well so far, even messing with overlays and pitting and speccing. Good job
Maybe it would stop happening if Z5 was auto download.
But this is test patch so it's up to everyone if they will download it or not. Maybe it would be fine later in offical patch.
I have found small bug in LX4, im have patch Z5
Attached images
Patch Z5 LX4.jpg
It could be that, Luke. It could be due to people not having the same version.

EDIT: Mateusz, that bug is known, and it has been around since the test patches.
Already known, Scawen made a note
euh don't know where to psot this but soon i buy s2 thing and i'm wondering: does the VW Scirroco gonna have a rally cross setup too? so that its possible to drive rally with it?
I'm pretty sure it won't be restricted to just one setup, so rallycross should definitely be possible.
#42 - Dmt
Sorry Scawen, but this VW and ABS are only things you improved with half of year?
#43 - SamH
Scawen: Done some testing.. no crashes here either
#44 - hda
Quote from Dmt :Sorry Scawen, but this VW and ABS are only things you improved with half of year?

read the forum before asking silly questions
Quote from Dmt :Sorry Scawen, but this VW and ABS are only things you improved with half of year?

no-one says they give all they have at each patch
I have had a small graphical bug, this never happened n the z4 patch. Unfortunately, i forgot to print screen and i havent been able to make it do it again.

Basically, i clicked on another program (by hitting windows key) and on returning to lfs, all the graphics had gone extra blurry.

I quit lfs and restarted and still all blurry.

I opened up ATI control panel, moved a slider up a notch and then moved it back to where it was again, clicked apply, restarted LFS and it was fine again.

I was in an xrt on blackwood bl carpark.

These are my gfx card details;

Manufacturer : ATI Technologies Inc
Model : ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series
Bus Type : AGP
Total Memory : 512 MB
Texture Memory : 628 MB
Processor : ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x9587)
Converter : Internal DAC(400MHz)
Refresh Rate (min/max) : 56/85 Hz

Driver Details;

Driver Provider: ATI Technologies inc
Driver Date: 20/08/2008
Driver Version: 8.530.0.0

I don't know if that is any help but i guess more info is better than not enough info.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I have had a small graphical bug, this never happened n the z4 patch. Unfortunately, i forgot to print screen and i havent been able to make it do it again.

My guess is that this was more of a bug with the ATI control panel / GFX driver that suddenly decided your game should run at the maximum MIP bias setting
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, but what did you do to make the shadow edges go black? I guess they are ok the first time you see the shadow? And then what do you need to do to make that problem appear? Something like clicking on another program and coming back to LFS, or going full screen, etc... or is it like this all the time no matter what you do?

Updated to Z5 when i saw this thread, opened lfs up and jumped onto a combo and just spotted that. Only managed to fix it by pitting in and press V to jump around the views then it disappeared for some reason.

I updated from Z3 to Z5 so it could be something todo with that but not sure.

Edit: ^^^ that above did not solve it... came back after i jumped on lfs again, after doing some testing i know it is down to enableing crossfire with lfs, it only started with Z5 so it only looks like to solve it i have to disable crossfire when running lfs.

Can anyone else who runs x2 4850 with driver version 8.12 in crossfire mode tell me if they run into this problem aswell plz?

Edit 2: Just to give some more info of this the shadows are more of flashing issue not fixed, little video to see whats wrong.
Attached files
Movie.part1.rar - 1.4 MB - 315 views
Movie.part2.rar - 1.4 MB - 325 views
Movie.part3.rar - 1.4 MB - 309 views
Movie.part4.rar - 1.4 MB - 315 views
Movie.part5.rar - 695.5 KB - 308 views
#50 - XmaX
Maybe add a rev limiter to next Test Patch pls ?
Nice done Scawen
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z5 - online compatible (no VW)
(257 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG