The online racing simulator
Quote from swisscosmo :I've had this exact problem but i didn't think it was the game beuase my mouse some times does it but for me i just could only turn to the full left or right and i just stopped the car and waited a few seconds and then it when away. But please Scavier fix this as it has cost me some positions I do have once in ahwile my steering freezes for like 1/2 a second to 1.5 seconds but very short time.

well... When one time when my mouse froze, nothing helped. I waited for 2 hours, but no changes... I even tried to change car, but nothing was fixed...

So... this is a problem for mouse users
Quote from Bose321 :When i view from the wheels camera, i can't see the rims. Sorry if it's been reported already. my specs are in my signature. and when im in fullscreen, only in fullscreen, the shadows look, well, not like shadows. Altough when i printscreen it looks normall. And i sometimes can't press escape for some reason.

I also cannot see the wheel spokes or disks in wheel view. The centre of the wheels , Tyres and RIMS are present but the spokes and disks are missing. Also I like the addition of ABS> Pitty we dont have traction control for those cars also. (even though I would hardly ever use it)
Quote from Inouva :In all latino america es almost the same Language , only change a few words and spells , but i dont get it , if latino america has his own language , argentina should have their own like i say A few test patch before

Because Castellano from spain and castellano from argentina they are NOT the same language

And yes i know the Castellano come from castilla is in spain , but i just feel a little Odd , thinking now dev put the NEW lanaguage for Latino americans...

Is just my point of view

I think J@tko's (and your) point is the same with Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese. I just guess Scawen and Co. are concerned about making users more comfortable with the language that they have learned, as probably there's a number of them who will probably feel uncomfortable with pretty much the same language but with some different words.

This is just my point of view as well.
(I may have probably repeated what you just said, but here it is anyway )
i have got to say that i can't see any improvements

regards confused and sad gaz
Quote from gaz328 :i have got to say that i can't see any improvements

regards confused and sad gaz

Quote from Scawen :

Although the list of changes is short, there are a lot of internal changes and optimisations.
So you should probably keep a backup of your LFS.exe from version Z.

You won't notice it if you scrape the surface.
Shadows are ok for me. Visible empty space of wing etc., I like them

Also new head movement is great! It is so smooth and gentle, which is comfortable and looks better, AND it gives more info about car-suspension-surface relation, just like IRL, IMO.
Perhapse you could release a test patch with the scirocco then we can find any bugs with it and help with the development process.
:slap:
#159 - hda
Quote from Luke.S :Perhapse you could release a test patch with the scirocco then we can find any bugs with it and help with the development process.

they probably have a deal with VW not to release the scirocco until it's perfect, hence not damaging the image people got from the VW brand or something.

I as eager to like drive the scirocco as anyone else but this thread is abut the Z5 test patch, not anything else
Quote from hda :they probably have a deal with VW not to release the scirocco until it's perfect, hence not damaging the image people got from the VW brand or something.

I as eager to like drive the scirocco as anyone else but this thread is abut the Z5 test patch, not anything else

Actually it was that they had a working version ready for the GC then could do what they want with it.
Iv spotted a bug

If you have open lfs in a window (not test patch) and allso have open lfs Z5 in a window next to it, and if you then minimize Z5 and maximise normal LFS everythings fine, then if you minimize normal LFS and then maximise Z5 the steering doesnt work (using mouse) you move left and right and it does nothing, but then if you are to un maximise it back to window then it works.

get what i mean? sorry about my bad explination
Why would you *ever* have two LFS instances running at the same time, though? Don't really think that counts as a bug
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Iv spotted a bug

If you have open lfs in a window (not test patch) and allso have open lfs Z5 in a window next to it, and if you then minimize Z5 and maximise normal LFS everythings fine, then if you minimize normal LFS and then maximise Z5 the steering doesnt work (using mouse) you move left and right and it does nothing, but then if you are to un maximise it back to window then it works.

pls read other posts before you post
that happens if you only have z5 open too...
Quote from Luke.S :Perhapse you could release a test patch with the scirocco then we can find any bugs with it and help with the development process.

^^^

You cannot deny, this is a good point.

Take the lead up to patch Z for example. There were many Y patches released quite close to the final release of Z, which leads me to believe that these patches contained alot of the content for patch Z which needed to be tested out on our different pc's for any possible and unexpected problems.

I remember one of the patches (Y25?) that if you changed your name in the drivers menu and your car had some damage, the model of the car used to shrink and damage glitch into itself.

These kind of problems weren't, and could never be expected to be spotted at the development stage. This is what i thought was the point of test patches in the first place.

I can't help but think, if we don't have a car to test, and try and break then once the big release happens, there could be an array of problems that the devs could never be expected to find, resulting in patch after patch soon after the release.

Better to iron out niggles and then be confident that there will be a much smaller chance of there being any problems once the final release takes place.

EDIT: I have just realised that i am not in the scirocco thread, sorry for going off topic.
I found that glitch
not sure if anyone has mentioned this....

I am running Z5 and this seems to happen to me all the time. In single player i have been doing qualifying. When i start the session the first time all is fine and the game runs as normal.

When i end it though and try to restart after changing my car the game seems to crash every time. (lfs.exe has stopped working. Close program?)

Is anyone else getting this?
Two bugs

First: some times when you do Shift+f4 and do it again to enter in full screen mode , the mouse stering get stuck and cant steer

The other bug , in lx4 ,the plate get overlay with the tire , look at pick
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Iv spotted a bug

:ices_rofl what a bug!
Quote from Inouva :Two bugs

First: some times when you do Shift+f4 and do it again to enter in full screen mode , the mouse stering get stuck and cant steer

The other bug , in lx4 ,the plate get overlay with the tire , look at pick

Already mentioned mate.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :The mouse bug

Yes is happens to me too

also i dont know why now I cant open Firefox and utorrent without lfs get Slow the fps drops from 90+ to 10 ,didint happen before the test patch´s

Edit , it happens to without using the Shift+f4

I have asignated the Left mouse botton to se left side and the right botton to se right

When i am stering and click one of the bottons to se at one side , the mouse get Stcuk, also , when i quit the game , the mouse still dead in windows , i need unplug and plug it againt to work propely
Quote from G!NhO :Psssssssss................."She" is a girl

Oops, I didnt realise! At least with becky's username, its clear. But hey, im stupid anyway so never mind.
Quote from AndroidXP :Why would you *ever* have two LFS instances running at the same time, though? Don't really think that counts as a bug

There are reasons to have multiple instance of LFS running (I've done it quite a bit over the years).

1. To view an MPR without leaving the server you're currently connected to.
2. Opening the temp.mpr file in multiple instances and skipping to the end so you can have several different camera views of the current race.

There are probably more but I can't think of any at the moment.
O_O I would have sworn that Scawen locked this thread earlier today.
Quote from amp88 :There are reasons to have multiple instance of LFS running (I've done it quite a bit over the years).

1. To view an MPR without leaving the server you're currently connected to.
2. Opening the temp.mpr file in multiple instances and skipping to the end so you can have several different camera views of the current race.

There are probably more but I can't think of any at the moment.

3. Having nothing else to do, then creating a server and logging myself into it on several instances, just to see all the instances of the game moving at the same time while you drive in one of them, and taking screenshots of it for friends and using it on 2 monitors
(I know, I'm crazy )
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1229406871

4. Opening a dedicated server and logging yourself in it (on another lfs instance) for playing with friends.
Attached images
6wd1C.tmp.jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z5 - online compatible (no VW)
(257 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG