The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
What is cooler, a Volkswagen or a Ford? Transit or Transporter?
Golf or Fiesta? We all know the answers to these questions.
Quote from BlueFlame :What is cooler, a Volkswagen or a Ford? Transit or Transporter?
Golf or Fiesta? We all know the answers to these questions.

Ford Transit: Van of the year 3 times in the past 10 years
VW Transporter: 1 time

VW Golf: over here, everytime you see one it's owned either by some poor worker or the poorer partion of the immigrant society.

Fiesta: 5 doors mostly owned by old people, 3 doors by young students, boys and girls.

Yea, if we think a bit we all do know the answers.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Wait till you get to a corner

When i get to a corner i turn and it does what i suppose to, turns.
Quote from Sarge9191 :When i get to a corner i turn and it does what i suppose to, turns.

I think that with such a car, the most important things are sound and straight line speed, don't you think? Do you know how much bhp it makes, and the 1/4 mile time?
lol i dont like them new camaro's i personaly think they are ugly and that ford capri is prolly the worst example i have ever seen ... and whats with the open diff in a drag car?
Quote from sgt.flippy :
VW Golf: over here, everytime you see one it's owned either by some poor worker or the poorer partion of the immigrant society.

So VW drivers are POOR people? Well in England, I see that the other way around. VW's and Ford's cost the same. When I see a Ford owner I do not pity them for lack of money. I pity them for lack of knowledge.
wth is the difference what ppl drive? u buy a car for your budget thats it
Quote from BlueFlame :So VW drivers are POOR people? Well in England, I see that the other way around. VW's and Ford's cost the same. When I see a Ford owner I do not pity them for lack of money. I pity them for lack of knowledge.

It's just a fact over here, the older Golfs are all owned by weird people (you need to see them to understand), the newer Golfs, well... Barely notice those cars really, don't pay attention to them.

And it's funny how you can keep commenting on a brand you hate, because you drove a 10 year old van of the brand.

And I said this before, and I'll repeat myself: look at what you have on your driveway, nobody thinks that's cool either.
VW and Fords aren't poor people's cars. Volkswagen Group own expensive car companies, such as Bugatti and Lambo. Fords are good cars also, well the ones in the UK are. Parts are cheap for them. Fords cant be bad cars, my dad has a 1998 Mondeo with something like 240k Miles and still runs perfectly.
Ford = Fix or repair daily

Every car company makes a good car and a bad car.

In my opinion, VW and Ford make good cars, but not all of them are good lol.
Quote from hrtburnout :I think that with such a car, the most important things are sound and straight line speed, don't you think? Do you know how much bhp it makes, and the 1/4 mile time?

Makes about 330 to the wheels. 380 to the crank.

And i havnt ran the 1/4 yet, ive ran the 1/8 in 7.95

I freind of mine has a car like mine, his ran a 13.01 in the 1/4, so something around there.
Quote from sgt.flippy :It's just a fact over here, the older Golfs are all owned by weird people (you need to see them to understand), the newer Golfs, well... Barely notice those cars really, don't pay attention to them.

And it's funny how you can keep commenting on a brand you hate, because you drove a 10 year old van of the brand.

And I said this before, and I'll repeat myself: look at what you have on your driveway, nobody thinks that's cool either.

Fords network is far greater than Volkswagens some may say, but Volkswagen have HQ's all over the world, like Volkswagen South Africa, Volkswagen Russia etc, and there is a reason why Volkswagen was the most profitable company in the world (before Porsche bought them) and there is a reason why Volkswagen has the most followers in the world more people follow the Volkswagen brand, than any other in the world. Theres hundreds of Volkswagen festivals in the UK alone, and it's not hippies in baywindow Type2's either. Some are though. :P
Quote from BlueFlame :(before Porsche bought them)

When did Porsche buy Volkswagen then? Volkswagen are part of the Volkswagen group who own Scania, Skoda, Seat, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and obviously Volkswagen. So when were they or how are they owned by Porsche?
Quote from Riders Motion :A while ago

They say they are buying more than a 50% stake in the company, not buying the whole of the company. Would it be Volkswagen or Volkswagen Group they are buying a stake in though?
Quote from sam93 :They say they are buying more than a 50% stake in the company, not buying the whole of the company. Would it be Volkswagen or Volkswagen Group they are buying a stake in though?

Having more than 50 % in a company means it's yours
Quote from sgt.flippy :Having more than 50 % in a company means it's yours

But not fully (100%) yours. They must of bought a stake in Volkswagen Group, and that isn't a small group either lol.
Quote from sam93 :When did Porsche buy Volkswagen then?

At the same time that they screwed over the hedge funds and venture capitalists.
Quote from sam93 :But not fully (100%) yours. They must of bought a stake in Volkswagen Group, and that isn't a small group either lol.

It's nearly impossible having 100 %, then it would be a one man organisation, and that's not really advisable for a company like that

And having 50 % gives you the authority to decline suggestions from every other stockholder.

I'm not good at explaining this in English
Quote from sgt.flippy :
In my new car I drove 204 kilometers on the first day I had it, then it broke down.

I may balance this a bit and say that I have driven my 24 years old Ford for over a year now and it has never let me down.:lovies3d:

But arguing which one is better VW or Ford is pointless, even more pointless arguing against BlueFlame. I myself find VW's usually boring but that's just me.
We're never gona end this, so let's have the best of both worlds: http://www.essexracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=1149

RS8 bodykit for a Mondeo - WTF. Moreover what even is an RS8?!

My Ford broke down again the other day, clutch cable again for the 3rd time in 2 years, oh well getting pretty quick at changing them now.
Ewww, that's fugly!
Quote from MAD3.0LT :lol i dont like them new camaro's i personaly think they are ugly and that ford capri is prolly the worst example i have ever seen ... and whats with the open diff in a drag car?

a ford capri is now a camaro
and the open diff on the drag car (guess you mean the earlier videos) is due to it running from an original 2.0 diff. been welded now so has a locked diff I wont go any further telling you off about capris........ill just go get stuff ready to clean mine tomorrow

@DTrott: lol! you sound just like my friend (Who always forgets he was orinigally from essex)
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG