Actually, drag from the wheels in open wheel cars is massive, its one of the main problems in aerodynamics for the cars, hence why the p-34 was developed with 4 smaller wheels instead of 2 huge front wheels. And it would be awesome if they did factor that into the aero physics.
Quote from colcob :Yeah, in open wheelers tyres actually generate lift because the air can flow freely over the top, but not under the bottom, so you get a high pressure spot in the lower quarter on the front of the tyre.

Stupid question, but how does that equate to lift?
Scawen even does the shopping now!
Attached images
shopping.jpg
hehe yeah thats a good one biggie!
Thanks to the devs for this exciting neo concept of daily updates !
Hard to wait then but fun... Anyway it let me time to bring back my wheel !
Quote from Breizh :Stupid question, but how does that equate to lift?

Well, the pressure tries to lift the tire off the ground, the air would like to go under the tire (some of it). It lifts the tire litle bit, so it becomes lighter.

I dunno if this really happens but thats how I would think it would if it does
What does the current dash look like ? (I am not at home and can't check)
Quote from biggie : Scawen even does the shopping now!

Quote from deggis :Yeah but I'd say that adding something (tilt) to the pic that isn't there in the game is "photoshopping press screenshots". So the tilting must be a new feature.

I still disagree... even if tilting cameras really is implemented, I would not call adding something (tilt) to the pic that isn't there in the game is "photoshopping press screenshots"

Good one! Cracked me up.
#486 - OPK

:clapclap:
good one ^^
Quote from PLAYLIFE :What does the current dash look like ? (I am not at home and can't check)

Like this...those dials in my wheel looks a bit screwed but could just be me
Attached images
OLD.jpg
*Sets countdown to 16:00pm on mobile phone's clock*
Quote from Blackout :Well, the pressure tries to lift the tire off the ground, the air would like to go under the tire (some of it). It lifts the tire litle bit, so it becomes lighter.

I dunno if this really happens but thats how I would think it would if it does

tyre alone would be neutral because the upper side of the tyre generates downforce and the lower side of it generates uplift which is equal to downforce
BUT
at the point in which tyre touches tarmac air particles have no way to go. They face an obstacle and since they have energy (which of course depends on the speed) they try to push it somewhere, in this case to lift it up a bit to make their way through.

I believe it's the way it works
I hope there would be a texture mapped behind the LCD screen so we could just change that to whatever colour we want
Quote from marsaz :
BUT
at the point in which tyre touches tarmac air particles have no way to go. They face an obstacle and since they have energy (which of course depends on the speed) they try to push it somewhere, in this case to lift it up a bit to make their way through.

Yes! Thats what I thought but just couldnt write it in english so it would have made any sense
Quote from Blackout :Yes! Thats what I thought but just couldnt write it in english so it would have made any sense

It took me a while to express my thoughts in english too
Quote from Blackout :Like this...those dials in my wheel looks a bit screwed but could just be me

Nah not just you, the current dials are really stupid on the wheel.. it all needs to be digital, like the new lcd we have in those screenshots .

Although, I would like to have some LEDs somewhere, or SOMETHING on the steering wheel in the FO8... maybe at least a brand logo on it like the FOX has. But even though this new digital display is not crazy detailed, it is much better than what we have now.

Quote from Kegetys :I hope there would be a texture mapped behind the LCD screen so we could just change that to whatever colour we want

I would really like to have that too. I support this fully :up:.
A little question to Scawen:

There were a few minor issues with the InSim packets (eg. the lapnumber field that was too small). Will that be fixed in the patch too? Im asking it because I dont think it will be a daily update issue..?
Quote from Kegetys :I hope there would be a texture mapped behind the LCD screen so we could just change that to whatever colour we want

Or just a colour selector like the one we already have for the needles colour, etc.
Quote from n2oaddict :Or just a colour selector like the one we already have for the needles colour, etc.

Yes, though I'd prefer a texture so I could put some shades and faint reflections to it to make it look better
I think it's done the same way as everything else in LFS. It's some kind of scalable thing, like the wheels, tachometers and stuff. So you can probably edit the text colors but don't know about the background color...?
How much u wanna bet the patch is released on easter or as an easter gift?
i bet you an easter egg it wont
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG