The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from mutt107 :since you must register a xbl account to play this game does that mean you can play people from the computer on your xbox 360?

No... One is Xbox Live, the other Games for Windows Live... For some reason, Microsoft and others don't want to throw PC- and console gamers together... Maybe to not have to rethink their controller...
Quote from bbman :No... One is Xbox Live, the other Games for Windows Live... For some reason, Microsoft and others don't want to throw PC- and console gamers together... Maybe to not have to rethink their controller...

lol ok.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :See people? This is why consoles are better for gaming :rolleyes: Turn it on, pop in the disc, and away you go

I agree completely I've been playing it for weeks now, still not completely tired of it, having no trouble whatsoever, the knowns bugs once in a while but nothing annoying. And it just runs! Like it should
@ RevengeR

Have you by any chance played/installed a cracked version first and then the original bought one? maybe that could cause a mix-up.

Very strange tho i never heard that an original copy also causes that drunken cam and cardriving by itself.. that would be even worse of rockstar..
Quote from trackah123 :@ RevengeR

Have you by any chance played/installed a cracked version first and then the original bought one? maybe that could cause a mix-up.

Very strange tho i never heard that an original copy also causes that drunken cam and cardriving by itself.. that would be even worse of rockstar..

Nope, haven't downloaded any cracked stuff.
Very sorry to hear this game is getting more weird by the minute.. hopefully the patch will solve it for you.
No Problems here at all with my ATI cards.

Statistics
Average FPS: 42.46
Duration: 37.73 sec
CPU Usage: 77%
System memory usage: 49%
Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1200 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: Very High
View Distance: 9
Detail Distance: 100

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: SB X-FI Xtreme Audio
AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor

PC Specs:
[B]Processor:[/B] AMD Phenom 9850
[B]Videocard:[/B] ATI Radeon HD x2 4850 xFire
[B]Memory:[/B] OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-8500C5
[B]HDD:[/B] x3 HD Raptor 34gig (raid0)
[B]Motherboard:[/B] Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe AMD 790FX
[B]PSU:[/B] OCZ GameXStream 600w
[B]Soundcard[/B]: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
[B]Headset:[/B] Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
[B]CD/DVD[/B]: Samsung SH-S203NBEBN 20x
[B]Blu-Ray:[/B] LG Blu-Ray Reader & HD-DVD ROM
[B]Keyboard:[/B] Saitek Eclipse
[B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech G5
[B]Monitor:[/B] Dell TrueColour E248WFP 24" Widescreen
[B]OS:[/B] Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
[B]Case:[/B] Akasa Eclipse 62
[B]Wheel:[/B] Logitech G25

Statistics
Average FPS: 51.39
Duration: 37.17 sec
CPU Usage: 93%
System memory usage: 84%
Video memory usage: 64%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 768 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: Very High
View Distance: 30
Detail Distance: 100

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz

File ID: Benchmark.cli

It seems I only have steering problems, when I have sudden FPS drops, then it goes back to normal. Damn it's annoying to restart the game after every mission.
Also, when I have those fps drops, it doesn't react to any key, not even ESC. And the more I play the frequent those drops come...
Quote from rc10racer :No Problems here at all with my ATI cards.

...[B]
Headset:[/B] Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
[B]CD/DVD[/B]: Samsung SH-S203NBEBN 20x
[B]Blu-Ray:[/B] LG Blu-Ray Reader & HD-DVD ROM
[B]Keyboard:[/B] Saitek Eclipse
[B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech G5
[B]Monitor:[/B] Dell TrueColour E248WFP 24" Widescreen
[B]Case:[/B] Akasa Eclipse 62

You forgot to mention what kind of chair you sit in, it might be important.
Quote from thisnameistaken :You forgot to mention what kind of chair you sit in, it might be important.

That was the roffles of the week
Quote from Hyperactive :
Quote from thisnameistaken :You forgot to mention what kind of chair you sit in, it might be important.

That was the roffles of the week

Agree, and that just got my vote for funniest forum personality of the year!

---

Can anyone post a screen shot of the game running at 1080p with EVERYTHING turned up?

Lmao but last time i heard copy and paste never hurt anyone.
I bought it, spent X hous working through the missing texture bugs

It works, and I love it, even when I fail a mission, it's that addictive.

I do have ONE question though, I've sorted Vlad out, do I have to do Little Jacob's or Faustin's missions before I do Roman's next mission, or do I just need to wait?
I can't remember 100% (It's been a while since I completed it), but just do whatever missions are available to you, and the others will open in due course.
Try phoning people, you can get missions before they appear on the map sometimes.
I just got this game and yes it is awesome. Had some mad fun with my friend in MP.

Tho the lack of AA and that it is badly optimized is kinda annoying, it looks horrible but has a bad FPS same time.
But getting the latest Nvidia Beta drivers had an awesome effect FPS wise.

On another hand, when I host a MP game is there a way to "stop" the clock? So it would be day all time.
With the xbox version, you can host a "free play" (something like that) session. There you can specify the daytime (morning, evening, etc).
I've had the game on console since the release date, but I've never bothered to play online Is that actually worth doing? I've just never really seen much point in playing GTA online, and I'm kind of worried that it's just total chaos, with people killing everyone they can etc etc. That's not what I play GTA for. I'd probably just roam the city freely and... well, I can do that just as well in single player. It would probably be different if I could play online on a server with my real life friends and have some fun, but they don't have a console or don't have GTA IV.
It really depends on the server. Some free play servers are total mayhem, some are more friendly. There's more than just free roam, there are also deathmatch and teamplay servers, and of course racing servers. Racing is great, especially with the right vehicle classes (like firetrucks )
Quote from obsolum :I've had the game on console since the release date, but I've never bothered to play online Is that actually worth doing? I've just never really seen much point in playing GTA online, and I'm kind of worried that it's just total chaos, with people killing everyone they can etc etc. That's not what I play GTA for. I'd probably just roam the city freely and... well, I can do that just as well in single player. It would probably be different if I could play online on a server with my real life friends and have some fun, but they don't have a console or don't have GTA IV.

You must be kidding... online is where the fun is at! Give cops & gangsters a try. Online racing is really fun aswell in GTA, be it normal races or GTA races (with guns).
Quote from jibber :With the xbox version, you can host a "free play" (something like that) session. There you can specify the daytime (morning, evening, etc).

Yes you an specify what's the clock when starting the game, but the time will still keep going on. I wanna stop it to 12:00.
Quote from jibber :You must be kidding... online is where the fun is at! Give cops & gangsters a try. Online racing is really fun aswell in GTA, be it normal races or GTA races (with guns).

Maybe I'll give it a try tonight. I've completed it some time ago and have started playing again from the beginning past weekend. Maybe it's time for something new.

What annoys me, though, is people going straight to the online part and not bothering playing the game in single player. They're missing out on a lot IMO.

Come to think of it, I've never bothered to play online with any console game. I think I've done 1 race in Forza 2 with someone on these forums, but I chose the wrong car and wasn't able to really compete. That's about all the online experience I've got with the console, lol
Quote from BigPeBe :Yes you an specify what's the clock when starting the game, but the time will still keep going on. I wanna stop it to 12:00.

There is an option in the game mode that i've mentioned, where you can actually "freeze" the time.

Quote from obsolum :
Come to think of it, I've never bothered to play online with any console game. I think I've done 1 race in Forza 2 with someone on these forums, but I chose the wrong car and wasn't able to really compete. That's about all the online experience I've got with the console, lol

You've missed a lot of fun then! However, i must admit... the most fun i had online was with friends (which i know in real life). Other than that, i played lots of Forza 2 with random people, which was good fun aswell. GTA doesn't need real life friends to play with either, it's still good fun. It's more the games that have two player coop modes which are way more fun with real friends.
We could, of course, arrange an online session for the LFS'ers that read this forum... It is a certainty that we all have a nice shiny new GFW Live account, so lets post our tags here so that we can add everybody to the friends list or whatever, and then we can see about setting up a session.

My GFW Live name is:"LFS Bladerunner"

(original, huh?)
Quote from Bladerunner :We could, of course, arrange an online session for the LFS'ers that read this forum... It is a certainty that we all have a nice shiny new GFW Live account, so lets post our tags here so that we can add everybody to the friends list or whatever, and then we can see about setting up a session.

My GFW Live name is:"LFS Bladerunner"

(original, huh?)

There'd have to be a distinction between Console players and PC players though

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG