The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
Looks great, good work!
Update, email info on posts on a thread are empty. ( no, may be an apple issue, second check their ok ) And how can they be turned off ? Personally, Farcebook is annoying enough with this. I don't care if someone's replied to a thread, I'll see it when I go online again.

Did say I'd post updates. Smileyface
Quote from Racer X NZ :Update, email info on posts on a thread are empty. And how can they be turned off ? Personally, Farcebook is annoying enough with this. I don't care if someone's replied to a thread, I'll see it when I go online again.

Did say I'd post updates. Smileyface

What do you mean they are empty? My "New reply" emails have text in them.
EDIT: Ok now you do see they are not empty.

Of course, as with all forums, you can switch off email notifications (in your settings). Post notifications are on by default as they were in the old forum. It's really helpful for new people who ask a question and don't know if the answer will come in 5 minutes or 5 days. Personally I hate wasting time answering to people, who never visit the forum again, so notifications are useful.
OMG !!!!
Looks like awsome ... and quite unexpected ... guys you rock !!!
Just checked this, I never got updates before so I did a dig, I assume it's under personal details, more, news updates. Is that right ?

Just doing testing and giving feedback, and this is on an iPad so it may well be different on a PC.
This is why I do sysadmin rather than Webdev work. Another smilyface........

Or is this actually under the subscribe option on the thread which I clearly never saw with the old design ?
I think it's a great step forward so it's just about getting up to speed (lol) with the new design.
Great website, you have done a good job.
Just maybe the background of the forum where we write (reply) is a little too white I think.
Or maybe it's just me who am not fan of white background
Good improvements on the new design since its beta, forgot it was in the pipeline!
Few things aren't that Android friendly. Like the top bar, with the Lfs home, Lfs world etc. Zooming in enlarges it, but you can't scroll the zoomed section, it made it tricky to actually click login.

Edit: for the first time ever on this forum, I have avatar! Guess it's the one I set on Lfs world way back when.
When I came in lfs.net I thought - Finally, finally, some real update, but nope... website update is still better than nothing, looks amazing, well done!
Reuploading the avatar seems to be a good idea
2 things i noticed on the forums so far.
Can't find the user control panel and the PM's.

The rest is very nice! Great work.
Looks great, but uh - still need to get used to it.
Quote from Kid222 :2 things i noticed on the forums so far.
Can't find the user control panel and the PM's.

The rest is very nice! Great work.

Click your name in the upper right, next to the logout button
Great Job!
Actually.. I'm a bit lost right now with this design XD I don't know where are the buttons
What a surprise!!
And I agree it's sexy looking. Might take some time before I get used to it though.

One suggestion: in all the "commercial sections" add the possibility to change to other currencies.
Fancy new site :-).

A couple of things.
Quote :(11:02:48) pringlesw: I went to the new lfs.net for the first time at 11:00, logged in at 11:01 and got the message: "Your previous visit was : today, 11:00".
(11:03:04) pringlesw: Maybe the idle count could be a bit longer?

I guess this is because it was the first time logging in, and won't count a 1 minute idle as a new visit.

Quote :
(11:03:39) pringlesw: Also, the login needs to redirect back to where I was.

I went to the forum index, and then used the login at the top. I'd like to be redirected back to the page I logged in from, instead of having to click the forum/back.

Edit: one other thing I'd really, really like is to have the "view new posts" link be visible on all pages instead of just the index. Even if it's a drop-down menu while hovering over the Forum text next to User Profiles.

Edit 2: I clicked "Mark forums read", and a few minutes later clicked the "New posts" link. Please make it so that threads with no unread posts do not show in the New posts page.
BTW, I do not see the Westhill update screenshots in the 'screenshots' section ...
#43 - 5tag
Quote from Bean0 :Click your name in the upper right, next to the logout button

Back in the old forum I could simply click on "User control panel" and it would show me subscribed threads with unread posts. Upon clicking these threads it would jump right to the first unread post.
Cool work,victor! Keep it up
And Scawen cool avatar :P
Victor, great job

Viewing old private messages rocks!
Quote from 5tag :

Back in the old forum I could simply click on "User control panel" and it would show me subscribed threads with unread posts. Upon clicking these threads it would jump right to the first unread post.

Yeah the shortcut to those would be quite helpful. I feel lost in this forum here, kinda. But the layout looks great!

EDIT : I see that I'm attached to 458 thread subscriptions...?

*halp*
Quote from FireMike15 :
Quote from 5tag :

Yeah the shortcut to those would be quite helpful. I feel lost in this forum here, kinda. But the layout looks great!

A similar page is now at Subscriptions. You can see all your subscribed threads/forums, and if any of them have new posts, you can go to that post.
woah, went on to the forum and was totally stunned. Completely unexpected - nice work
This update was totally unexpected! the website looks so up to date now, nice work

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG