The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
Quote from pik_d :Also, fixed with is obviously a user preference, but I personally don't like it. Most people have widescreen monitors, and of varying sizes. Fixed with just makes it so half my screen is unused space.

(Sorry for semi-double post).

If it *really* bugs you and you can't wait for the Devs to implement this, you can use the UserScript I posted above with Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey. Adding the option to enable fluid width only took a second.
If I may make a suggestion. In the forum sections, like O/T, it looks really messy, and I think much of that is down to the page numbers. I don't know why someone would specifically want to go to page 110, 145, 185 etc of a 250 page thread, surely just the first and perhaps last couple are all that need listing there.

I also keep experiencing a glitch where right-clicking does nothing. iIt seems to happen when I'm typing a reply/editing.
I still can't disable the [edit] notifications for this thread. My email is getting spammed.
Quote from kdo :I found a link not working at:
https://www.lfs.net/programmer

S2 Track bitmaps link is not working
https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=TRACKS_TIF.zip

Thanks. I have now moved the file into the correct folder.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I still can't disable the [edit] notifications for this thread. My email is getting spammed.

There is a link to unsubscribe in the email, I used that and no emails since then.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I still can't disable the * notifications for this thread. My email is getting spammed.

Just click "Unsubscribe" at the top of the thread.
No swearing please, we don't want to be filtered as an adult site.
-
(DANIEL-CRO) DELETED by DANIEL-CRO
looks like everytime you post, you will be subscribed again.
To prevent email spam, simply go to Forum Subscriptions and set this thread to No email.
Quote from Scawen :No swearing please, we don't want to be filtered as an adult site.

I've always sworn like that. Just there used to be a swear filter so I didn't have to think about it.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :looks like everytime you post, you will be subscribed again.
To prevent email spam, simply go to Forum Subscriptions and set this thread to No email.

I've tried. It won't save the setting for this thread.
Doesn't work for me either - when I select "no email",load other page,load the subscriptions page again - it's again set to "instant". It's just for the threads I posted since new site.

Would like to see an option to set this globally to "no email",same goes for PMs (Flame has already noted that). I come here 10x more often then to email,it's a massive unnecesary spam for me.
Quote from mbutcher :Stick to what you're best at Scawen :P

You have to admit it's a bit strange, on the fastest reacting, most responsive forum I have ever seen, to see people keep saying, "you could have made it responsive".

It would be like driving a racing car that is really fast, and someone saying, "Why didn't you make it fast" and then when you are totally confused, explaining that "fast" means that there is a quick release on a brake pad. Luckily automotive engineers didn't come up with such a stupid use of the word "fast".

Reminds me, who remembers the old times back at Race Sim Central, when clicking on any button could take up to a few minutes to do anything? Now THAT is what I would call unresponsive! [but you would say it was responsive ]
Quote from Eclipsed :Doesn't work for me either - when I select "no email",load other page,load the subscriptions page again - it's again set to "instant". It's just for the threads I posted since new site.

Would like to see an option to set this globally to "no email",same goes for PMs (Flame has already noted that). I come here 10x more often then to email,it's a massive unnecesary spam for me.

There is Update button at the bottom of site :P
On the Contents -> Overview page, maybe something to show that each sections content is included in the higher license level?

i.e (All S1+demo content included with S2) etc.

New users may think looking at that page that each license level only includes that sections colour coded items?
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from mbutcher :Stick to what you're best at Scawen :P

You have to admit it's a bit strange, on the fastest reacting, most responsive forum I have ever seen, to see people keep saying, "you could have made it responsive".

It would be like driving a racing car that is really fast, and someone saying, "Why didn't you make it fast" and then when you are totally confused, explaining that "fast" means that there is a quick release on a brake pad. Luckily automotive engineers didn't come up with such a stupid use of the word "fast".

Well, boothy clearly didn't mean it in the general way, but really that the layout design should be responsive. That means it is fluid and the elements change their positions and dimensions as you narrow/stretch the browser window. See example here.

It is really called "responsive design", because it simply responds to the changing width of the window.
Not entirely. Responsive design actually has specific designs (that are fluid) for various screen widths. IIRC, Vic was working on a responsive design in the test site at some point, where the useless bits in the header were nuked when on a small (mobile) screen.
Just a quick report, on https://www.lfs.net/downloads , the torrent link is pointing to the 0.6E version.

EDIT: Just noticed there are two torrent links on that page. The first one is correct (links to the 0.6F version), but the other one? What is that good for? I think it just confuses the players who want to download it as a torrent - because just like me, I noticed the wrong link (0.6E torrent) first at the bottom of the page.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Not entirely. Responsive design actually has specific designs (that are fluid) for various screen widths. IIRC, Vic was working on a responsive design in the test site at some point, where the useless bits in the header were nuked when on a small (mobile) screen.

Yeah that's how I meant it, my london was too bad :P Not only it is fluid, but it has multiple layouts for different screen sizes.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :There is Update button at the bottom of site :P

Well,there's a reason why I didn't noticed it:
Quote :Thread subscriptions : 1227

But still - when I click the update button,page reloads with old settings.

Edit: selecting "subscribe without email notifications" on replay page works though.
Nice graphical website update but damn you will have to update all the screenshot and track panorama with the new patch!

Quote from rediske :Links like these don't seem to work anymore... :/

https://www.lfs.net/forum?do=finduser&u=43

I had the same question here is the answer (thanks to Flame CZE):
https://www.lfs.net/forum/search/userid/43
i miss user cp button
The date conversion code needs to get changed too. My subscriptions page is SUPER laggy. Hammering the DOM is bad
user cp showed all my subscribed pages,not my profile only. now i dont know what threads i subscribed for,unless im missing something here.

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG