The online racing simulator
Not as bad as the render. Looks alright, still bland though.

Mclaren said the livery is only for the first few races.
Turn the arrows orange and you got a livery that could run the whole year.
3 hours until FP1. Woo Hoo!

MotoGP next week too.
1. Who will win the drivers' world championship? Button
2. Which team will win the constructors' world championship? McLaren
3. Who will be the last finisher in Australian GP including people who: DNF, retire, get disqualified or are last to drive over the s/f line? Chilton
4. Will 13 or more cars finish the Australian GP race within two laps of the winner? No
5. Who will score more points in 2014? Bottas or Massa? Massa
6. Who will score more points in 2014? Grosjean or Maldonado? Grosjean
7. Who will score more points in 2014? Räikkönen or Alonso? Raikkonen
8. What will be the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014? 1st
9. Do you think Ricciardo will win at least one race in 2014? No
10. Who will be the first driver to lose his drive (or miss a race) during 2014? Chilton
11. Will Caterham or Marussia score points in 2014? Yes
12. Who will qualify on pole position on the Sochi qualifying? Button
13. Which driver from the four 'midfield' teams (Sauber, Force India, Toro Rosso and Williams) will score the most points during the season? Massa
14. Which team from the four 'midfield' teams (Sauber, Force India, Toro Rosso and Williams) will score the most points during the season? Wiliams
15. Do you think Simona de Silvestro will drive a 2014 spec F1 car during the 2014 season at any time? No
16. Who will win the Australian GP? Hamilton
17. Who will Win the Monaco GP? Button
18. How many points will the DWC winning driver have at the end of the season? 354
So first breakdown - Hamilton stops after 10 corners.......
Ok, my thoughts after watching the first two practice sessions.

1) Sound. It's really decent, nice, and yet has it's special characteristic. Well, passing-by sound is not that spectacular, and much less noisy, but that turbo sound at braking points partly covers that lack of V8 roaring. Meanwhile, an onboard sound is another talk - it's as powerful and characteristic as V8 onboard sound, just in its special way. I find that lower range sound a bit more powerful that V8 high range sound.

2) Dick noses. Well the title says it all. In terms of aesthetics, the cars are silly now. Well, it was already widely covered by media and fans, but seriously what the hell with Lotus fron wing, for an example. Still a mystery for me.

3 Performance. It's looks like Mercedes are a team Nr.1 currently, meanwhile the second is Ferrari, third Williams, and 4-th place is between McLaren and Red Bull at his moment. I think Red Bulls all that fuss was for nothing. They definitely ain't that bad, as described themselves before the championship kicked-in.

4) Rookies. Kevin Magnussen clearly feels the pressure, yet isn't well comfortable with the car, as long we can see him drive at least 0,5 sec slower than Button, and drives often off the track. Daniil Kvyat did not impress me with his driving this morning. A lot of off track driving, can't even simply let other drivers pass him. He is very strained and a bit lost in the traffic. Hopefully he will get better.
" I think Red Bulls all that fuss was for nothing. They definitely ain't that bad, as described themselves before the championship kicked-in."

Indeed.. meanwhile Renault caught all the blame for being rubbish.. they certainly arent the best.. but so wasn't the Adrian Newey's rubbish designed car.

Just a bunch of marketing noobs who should sell tins with unhealthy stuff and go on..
Where did you watch the training, are there revording online?
Although still early doors, there are a few things that jump out at the moment

1. Alsonso seems to be getting more out of the Ferrari than Kimi is, although Domenicali claims that Kimi had an issue with his car, they would not define what that issue was.

2. Renault teams still having issues. Lotus and Caterham got very limited running while the Torro Rosso's and Red Bulls got some decent stints going, however Vettel still had to cut short his first session run due to over heating concerns. It's not that big a surprise to see Red Bull back near the top (even if the fastest laps were still 3/4's of a second behind the Mercs) since they would have commanded the most time with Renaults top guys and any hints would have been passed 'accidentally' to their sister team. This was also the first time that the Renault engine was run at 'Full Power' which would also account for the improved time in the Red Bull.

3. That Williams Livery - Is this what love feels like?

Also anyone know of a good website which would give stats on how many laps driver completed, consecutive laps, timing etc? I would like to see what exactly the Red Bull ran compared to the Mercs/Ferrari/Mclaren.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
1. Alsonso seems to be getting more out of the Ferrari than Kimi is, although Domenicali claims that Kimi had an issue with his car, they would not define what that issue was.

I noticed that as well. Just look at this video that shows both of them driving. Kimi from the beginning, Alo from 4:47.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doiAnjUvqbo
I think that Magnusson has done quite well so far, but Kvyat and Caterham haven't It'll be an interesting weekend.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I noticed that as well. Just look at this video that shows both of them driving. Kimi from the beginning, Alo from 4:47.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doiAnjUvqbo

From that video it would seem quite clear that the two drivers are running with different intentions...the first driver was always short shifting and the second driver was clearly trying to warm the tyres for a good laptime when we joined him.
Make no mistake though...Alonso will be more familiar than Raikkonen with the car and team in general...who they (the team) choose to favour and what will happen will be the interesting part....
Mercedes looking pretty solid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoR2sorBlVY

*edit* Just noticed the watch design on Hamiltons left glove Pimpin it out with white gloves haha
"Top speed at Monza is predicted to be 370 KPH" - Toto Wolf
Vettel fails to make Q3. Crowd go wild. F**king love Aussies. #kimigate
Ricciardo > Vettel
Q2 Ferrari crash and Vettel out. Fantastic
Awesome qualy
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG