The online racing simulator
Quote from amp88 :The fact we don't know the calorific value of modern F1 fuels mean this calculation isn't really useful for precise conclusions. I realise fuel in F1 these days is a lot more strictly controlled (and a lot closer to 'pump fuel') than in the '80s turbo period, but we simply don't know what the calorific value is.

I agree.
If anyone thinks that F1 cars are running the same fuel that they put in their daily runner then they will be mistaken.
Without knowing how many coals you are burning then it will be hard to estimate how hot the fire will get.
Quote from JackDaMaster :You just need a knock sensor for that. No n-heptane needed.

Well I looked it up on wikipedia and the first thing that came up was that they're using it in anti-knock tests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptane

I don't know how true this is, i mean, lets face it. It's Wiki.
Wiki is often accurate. It's people's misinterpretation that is the problem a lot of the time

Regarding an earlier reply to me, I have no doubt that 'road fuel' would produce less power than "race fuel", for the simple fact of knock resistance and combustion temperatures rather than calorific value.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I looked it up on wikipedia and the first thing that came up was that they're using it in anti-knock tests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptane

I don't know how true this is, i mean, lets face it. It's Wiki.

Heptane is used in comparison tests but not in the actual fuel that is being tested. I said that before and it says that in the article.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Heptane is used in comparison tests but not in the actual fuel that is being tested. I said that before and it says that in the article.

Yea and a comparison between knocking and no knocking is a knocking experiment isn't it?

That's like using two ballistics gel dummies one with kevlar and one without and then saying the reason for doing it isn't to test the kevlars performance...
Quote from BlueFlame :That's like using two ballistics gel dummies one with kevlar and one without and then saying the reason for doing it isn't to test the kevlars performance...

It could be to test the gun or ammo
That sucks, I always liked Garry's pieces and predictions before Q. I don't get why the beeb feels the need to dumb down the coverage for the average joe that may zap to F1 by accident.
Quote from troy :That sucks, I always liked Garry's pieces and predictions before Q. I don't get why the beeb feels the need to dumb down the coverage for the average joe that may zap to F1 by accident.

....but i'd definitely pay double for the BBC. Can't get enough it.
Quote from troy :That sucks, I always liked Garry's pieces and predictions before Q. I don't get why the beeb feels the need to dumb down the coverage for the average joe that may zap to F1 by accident.

Yea but that's what makes Sky F1 a better channel, because its dedicated to F1 entirely, meaning they don't skip out on tech stuff etc.
#412 - CSF
I'm sure if the BBC could afford its own F1 channel it wouldn't skimp the technical stuff. Though Sky sticks on plenty of fluff pieces too.

Yes, that is very disappointing.
I would not put it past the BBC to have got rid of Gary for different reasons though....if you stand him next to an attractive lady, an extremely rich short guy and a sharply dressed fit Scotsman then things could "look" a little unbalanced......
Quote from CSF :I'm sure if the BBC could afford its own F1 channel it wouldn't skimp the technical stuff. Though Sky sticks on plenty of fluff pieces too.

Well thats the point isn't it, F1 is a second rate sport for the BBC as it stands contractually, and circumstantially.
So it is time for the yearly F1 questionnaire 2014 edition!

Answer the questions and the one who gets most answers correct wins the invaluable "lfsforum F1 prediction grandmaster" award! The glorious award has been won previously by:

2012:
No points given

In 2013 season:
Hyperactive
teppo.jr
Iginla

Must post your guesses before the 12th of March (00.00 UTC). All posts after that will be ignored. One point for correct answer, 0 for wrong. Last question is worth 5 points. In case of equal points the who guessed closest to the last question wins.

1. Who will win drivers' world championship:
2. Which team will win constructors' world championship:
3. Who is the last finisher in Australian gp including dnf, retire, disqualified, last to drive over the s/f line:
4. Will 13 or more cars finish the Australina gp race (within 2 laps of the winner) :
5. Who will score more points in 2014. Bottas or Massa:
6. Who will score more points in 2014. Grosjean or Maldonado:
7. Who will score more points in 2014. Räikkönen or Alonso:
8. What is the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014:
9. Do you think Ricciardo will win at least one race in 2014:
10. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2013 (miss at least one race):
11. Will Caterham or Marussia score points in 2013:
12. Who will win the pole position on the Sochi qualifying:
13. Out of all sauber, force india, toro rosso and williams WHICH DRIVER will score the most points during the season:
14. Out of Sauber, Force india, Toro rosso and Williams WHICH TEAM scores the most points during 2014 season:
15: Do you think Simona de Silvestro will drive 2014 spec F1 car during 2014 season (free practise, testing or city run or whatever):
16: Winner of Australian gp:
17. Winner of Monaco gp:
18. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season:

(I'll post my own predictions later)
1. Who will win drivers' world championship: Lewis Hamilton (wild guess)
2. Which team will win constructors' world championship: Mercedes
3. Who is the last finisher in Australian gp including dnf, retire, disqualified, last to drive over the s/f line: Marcus Ericsson
4. Will 13 or more cars finish the Australina gp race (within 2 laps of the winner) : No
5. Who will score more points in 2014. Bottas or Massa: Bottas
6. Who will score more points in 2014. Grosjean or Maldonado: Grosjean
7. Who will score more points in 2014. Räikkönen or Alonso: Alonso
8. What is the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014: 1st
9. Do you think Ricciardo will win at least one race in 2014: No
10. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2013 (miss at least one race): Ericsson. (Maldonado being a close second)
11. Will Caterham or Marussia score points in 2013: Yes
12. Who will win the pole position on the Sochi qualifying: Nico Rosberg!
13. Out of all sauber, force india, toro rosso and williams drivers who will score the most points during the season: Bottas.
14. Out of Sauber, Force india, Toro rosso and Williams which team scores the most points during 2014 season: Williams.
15: Do you think Simona de Silvestro will drive 2014 spec F1 car during 2014 season (free practise, testing or city run or whatever): Yes
16: Winner of Australian gp: Kimi Raikkonen
17. Winner of Monaco gp: Nico Rosberg
18. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season: 275
1. Who will win drivers' world championship: Hamilton
3. Who is the last finisher in Australian gp including dnf, retire, disqualified, last to drive over the s/f line: Grosjean(retirement)
4. Will 13 or more cars finish the Australina gp race (within 2 laps of the winner) : No
5. Who will score more points in 2014. Bottas or Massa: Massa
6. Who will score more points in 2014. Grosjean or Maldonado:Grosjean
8. What is the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014:2nd
9. Do you think Ricciardo will win at least one race in 2014: Yes
10. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2013 (miss at least one race): Vergne
12. Who will win the pole position on the Sochi qualifying: Ricciardo(my guess is renaults engine sorted by Silverstone).
13. Out of all sauber, force india, toro rosso and williams drivers who will score the most points during the season: Massa
14. Out of Sauber, Force india, Toro rosso and Williams which team scores the most points during 2014 season: same question same answer Williams.
15: Do you think Simona de Silvestro will drive 2014 spec F1 car during 2014 season (free practise, testing or city run or whatever): No
16: Winner of Australian gp: Massa
17. Winner of Monaco gp: Hamilton
18. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season: 240
You both are doing it wrong, I amade the obvious pieces of text bold to make it easier not fail the question.

Quote from Senninha25 :1. Who will win drivers' world championship: Lewis Hamilton (wild guess)
3. Who is the last finisher in Australian gp including dnf, retire, disqualified, last to drive over the s/f line: Marcus Ericsson
8. What is the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014: 1st
10. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2013 (miss at least one race): Ericsson. (Maldonado being a close second)
12. Who will win the pole position on the Sochi qualifying:
13. Out of all sauber, force india, toro rosso and williams drivers who will score the most points during the season:
14. Out of Sauber, Force india, Toro rosso and Williams which team scores the most points during 2014 season: Again? Williams.
15: Do you think Simona de Silvestro will drive 2014 spec F1 car during 2014 season (free practise, testing or city run or whatever): Yes
16: Winner of Australian gp: Kimi Raikkonen
17. Winner of Monaco gp: Nico Rosberg
18. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season: 355

try again
Fixed
Quote from Hyperactive :
1. Who will win drivers' world championship: Alonso
3. Who is the last finisher in Australian gp including dnf, retire, disqualified, last to drive over the s/f line: Maldonado
8. What is the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014: 3rd
10. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2013 (miss at least one race): Bianchi
11. Will Caterham or Marussia score points in 2013: Marussia
12. Who will win the pole position on the Sochi qualifying: If the race goes ahead, Hamilton
13. Out of all sauber, force india, toro rosso and williams WHICH DRIVER will score the most points during the season: Hulkenberg
14. Out of Sauber, Force india, Toro rosso and Williams WHICH TEAM scores the most points during 2014 season: Force India
16: Winner of Australian gp: Rosberg
17. Winner of Monaco gp: Raikkonen
18. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season: 300

Just hoping I score more than I did last year. Button for WDC, what was I thinking?!
1. Who will win drivers' world championship: Rosberg
3. Who is the last finisher in Australian gp including dnf, retire, disqualified, last to drive over the s/f line: Raiknonnen
7. Who will score more points in 2014. Räikkönen or Alonso: Raikkonen
8. What is the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014: 4th
10. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2013 (miss at least one race): Nobody
12. Who will win the pole position on the Sochi qualifying: Hamilton
13. Out of all sauber, force india, toro rosso and williams WHICH DRIVER will score the most points during the season: Hulkenburg
14. Out of Sauber, Force india, Toro rosso and Williams WHICH TEAM scores the most points during 2014 season: Force India
16: Winner of Australian gp: Hamilton
17. Winner of Monaco gp: Vergne
18. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season: 343
#424 - CSF
1. Who will win drivers' world championship: Rosberg
3. Who is the last finisher in Australian gp including dnf, retire, disqualified, last to drive over the s/f line: Alonso
4. Will 13 or more cars finish the Australina gp race (within 2 laps of the winner) Yes
8. What is the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014: 2nd
10. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2013 (miss at least one race): Chilton
12. Who will win the pole position on the Sochi qualifying: Hamilton
13. Out of all sauber, force india, toro rosso and williams WHICH DRIVER will score the most points during the season: Massa
14. Out of Sauber, Force india, Toro rosso and Williams WHICH TEAM scores the most points during 2014 season: Williams
15: Do you think Simona de Silvestro will drive 2014 spec F1 car during 2014 season (free practise, testing or city run or whatever): No
16: Winner of Australian gp: Rosberg
17. Winner of Monaco gp: Rosberg
18. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season: 260
1. Who will win drivers' world championship: LEWIS HAMILTON
2. Which team will win constructors' world championship: MERCEDES
3. Who is the last finisher in Australian gp including dnf, retire, disqualified, last to drive over the s/f line:SEBASTIAN VETTEL
4. Will 13 or more cars finish the Australina gp race (within 2 laps of the winner) :NO
5. Who will score more points in 2014. Bottas or Massa:MASSA
6. Who will score more points in 2014. Grosjean or Maldonado:GROSJEAN
7. Who will score more points in 2014. Räikkönen or Alonso:RAIKKONEN
8. What is the best race finishing result for Magnussen in 2014:1
9. Do you think Ricciardo will win at least one race in 2014:NO
10. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2013 (miss at least one race):SEBASTIAN VETTEL
11. Will Caterham or Marussia score points in 2013:YES
12. Who will win the pole position on the Sochi qualifying:LEWIS HAMILTON
13. Out of all sauber, force india, toro rosso and williams WHICH DRIVER will score the most points during the season:MASSA
14. Out of Sauber, Force india, Toro rosso and Williams WHICH TEAM scores the most points during 2014 season:WILLIAMS
15: Do you think Simona de Silvestro will drive 2014 spec F1 car during 2014 season (free practise, testing or city run or whatever):YES
16: Winner of Australian gp:LEWIS HAMILTON
17. Winner of Monaco gp:LEWIS HAMILTON
18. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season:328
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG