The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
This year has really shaked the established order quite a bit, Namely Vettel and Raikkonen.

who would of thought Vettel would be outperformed by Ricciardo this year, and tge gap between kimi and Alonso is crazy huge.
Quote from Mustafur :
who would of thought Vettel would be outperformed by Ricciardo this year, and tge gap between kimi and Alonso is crazy huge.

Me. When having 'comparable' cars, I don't believe Vettel has the talent to be in front of Ricciardo, Kimi, Hamilton, Rosberg, Hulkenberg, Bottas, Magnussen & some more.. and for sure not Alonso whom I think is by far the best driver on the grid. Massa even stated (as an ex-teammate of both) that Alonso is faster than Schumacher was. I think on pure speed that could be right, Schumi seemed to have some German organizational awareness though which helped him quite a lot. the right ppl on the right places.

Imo just a bloody shame a driver can't make much of a difference any more as they could. Otherwise I believe Vettel would never have this many titles.
Quote from danielroelofs :Me. When having 'comparable' cars, I don't believe Vettel has the talent to be in front of Ricciardo, Kimi, Hamilton, Rosberg, Hulkenberg, Bottas, Magnussen & some more.. and for sure not Alonso whom I think is by far the best driver on the grid. Massa even stated (as an ex-teammate of both) that Alonso is faster than Schumacher was. I think on pure speed that could be right, Schumi seemed to have some German organizational awareness though which helped him quite a lot. the right ppl on the right places.

Imo just a bloody shame a driver can't make much of a difference any more as they could. Otherwise I believe Vettel would never have this many titles.

Its not like Vettel was Weak untill he got the RBR drive he did some impressive stuff in that STR, as much as i think the redbull was the best car i still think Vettel is high up. Webber had the measure of every team mate he had gone against untill he met Vettel.

I think Alonso is good and probably the best driver overall but his abilities are overplayed. I think if he was in the mercedes right now he would be having a tough time with either driver.
Massa, what are you doing?
this was a very good race. Unbelievable close racing
Quote from Speed Senna :Someone other miss this too?

For sure, such videos clearly show how boring F1 is today. Even watching one single car driving is more fun than a F1 battle today to me. Also I miss the track, the sound, the engines and the cars...

Today there was some overtaking though still simple and easy by DRS.. I really wonder how much overtakings there would have been without DRS on that long left corner straight..

Alonso showed some amazing driving again today. He didn't have the car unfortunately but he again had the talent and speed. Although I think they should have heard my shouting.. I still keep on wondering who gave the call to let Alonso stay out right after Vettel pitted... what a stupid mistake.. I think he could have end up in front of vettel.

Kimi...
Quote from Speed Senna :Someone other miss this too?

Nope actually. I was never fan of the old hockenheim. It is a bit like modern monza. Boring long straight, couple of boring chicanes, couple decent corners. I never enjoyed driving it in any sims either.
Williams should replace Massa, he is a crash magnet.

Button looks on his way out at Mclaren he would be a good sign just for a season i think before he retires.
I am/was a Massa Fan.. He is an idiot!! I know I am here and he is making millions, but it doesnt take a genius to admit to mistakes and accept them. Put racing and knowledge aside, but VERY poor attitude! Racing incident my ass!

Bit of one of those anti Hamilton fans that pay him out all the time..though he was robbed and did an awesome race! No SC near the end was an obvious reason "we all know why" and he wasn't outspoken, stating the truth!

I will say though as an anti current formula fan,
Best race in a long time! If bad sounds and dildo noses produce this kind of racing, bring on mute engines and extra large dildos!!
Yeah, the last 2 races were worth to watch. The Vettel - Alonso fight in Silverstone, the Ricciardo - Alonso fight in Germany. Shame the latter was a bit short. Ric is amazing, even Alonso complimented him in the post-race interview how great driving he showed yesterday. And that's right, nice to see him battling like a pro and pwning Vettel, every damn time.

Shame about Hamilton, no doubt he's better than Rosberg but these mechanical failures are gifting Ros the championship... Then here's this SC situation, in before conspiracy theories how it helped Ros to win at home... Car in the middle of the track, stewards running across the track at a high speed turn exit... Yeah yellow will be totally fine... Whiting pls.

Bottas is awesome, Massa is still an idiot.
Quote from Mustafur :Williams should replace Massa, he is a crash magnet.

Button looks on his way out at Mclaren he would be a good sign just for a season i think before he retires.

As it's been called a 'race accident' by the stewards, I must agree I would find it hard to blame one particular driver for this as well. Don't think that this is always necessary either as well. So good job by the stewards finally.

At least I do think that there was a lot of arrogance from Massa clearly thinking Kevin should back off. Massa stated this in an interview as well, saying that this always happens with GP2 drivers.

Well if one should be punished purely regarding the situation on track, I'd punish Massa. Shame Kevin's race got ruined!
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
Shame about Hamilton, no doubt he's better than Rosberg but these mechanical failures are gifting Ros the championship... Then here's this SC situation, in before conspiracy theories how it helped Ros to win at home... Car in the middle of the track, stewards running across the track at a high speed turn exit... Yeah yellow will be totally fine... Whiting pls.

I agree, I thought there was something fishy about Rosberg having a DNF at Silverstone too. It's manufactured beyond belief.
I don't see the problem with the marshalls in the Sutil incident. Double waved yellows were out which indicates that you should be prepared to stop and race control knows where every car on track is so it is easy to find a gap in the traffic. Besides, marshalls go out on track all the time when they are able to pick up debris, often from even more dangerous positions

Also Sutil spun because the engine cut out mid corner
Quote from JackDaMaster :I don't see the problem with the marshalls in the Sutil incident. Double waved yellows were out which indicates that you should be prepared to stop and race control knows where every car on track is so it is easy to find a gap in the traffic. Besides, marshalls go out on track all the time when they are able to pick up debris, often from even more dangerous positions

Also Sutil spun because the engine cut out mid corner

This.

The track wasn't blocked or strewn with debris. The car was not missing three wheels so could be rolled away and was not on the racing line. Hamilton complained about whizzing past the marshals so quickly - was he prepared to stop as the double waved yellows indicate?
Well when someone comes around that corner with wheel spin or losses it over the kerbs and hits a marshal, then peoples opinions will change. Its called a "Safety" car for a reason.

You cant "hope" and "expect" for marshals and drivers to be safe. That's someones husband, parent, son etc. And what would some say to that statement, "well they should know the risks of being a marshal"? "They knew what they were getting into"?

Driver safety is of course important, but I cant help but feel a marshals is just as,if not more important. (more in the sense they are not in cockpits/$10k helmets)

There should have been a safety car, because if that was someone they knew and/or loved that got hit/killed from a car losing control, you'd damn race control for not having the safety car out.

Edit: (Yes I know I'm talking extreme cases, but you just never know!)
Completely unacceptable there was no safety car, double waved yellows means nothing as the driver will still be close to the limit knowing they can't give away time.

These are volunteers they shouldn't have there life at risk like that.
And when a bird shits on the asphalt they send the SC in.
If drivers actually respected yellow flags there would have been no need for a safety car. The sad fact is that they don't (just like they don't respect any other number of aspects of driving these days...). F1 was lucky yesterday. There was also quite a significant amount of debris on track, which could have cut tyres quite easily. I don't buy into the Rosberg/conspiracy angle at all; I just think the officials gambled on not deploying the SC when they should have.
Double post FTW (sorry, but totally different topic):

Quote from Daily Record :Nico Rosberg comes from behind wins German F1 on home turf from 20th position on the grid.

NINE days after getting married, the German takes a win at home despite the five-place grid penalty after a crash during qualifying led to a necessary gearbox change.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/s ... comes-behind-wins-3887702

Quality journalism...
Quote from aoun :Well when someone comes around that corner with wheel spin or losses it over the kerbs and hits a marshal, then peoples opinions will change. Its called a "Safety" car for a reason.

You cant "hope" and "expect" for marshals and drivers to be safe. That's someones husband, parent, son etc. And what would some say to that statement, "well they should know the risks of being a marshal"? "They knew what they were getting into"?

Driver safety is of course important, but I cant help but feel a marshals is just as,if not more important. (more in the sense they are not in cockpits/$10k helmets)

There should have been a safety car, because if that was someone they knew and/or loved that got hit/killed from a car losing control, you'd damn race control for not having the safety car out.

Edit: (Yes I know I'm talking extreme cases, but you just never know!)

Double

Waved

Yellows

They weren't sending marshals out there with their shoe laces tied together whilst people took potshots from the stands with air rifles.

Marshalling is quite sophisticated nowadays - especially at an international event. Marshals are hooked into Race Control, as are the teams and by extension the drivers.

I don't buy the conspiracy either - it just looked like Race Control took a while to figure out what to do.
Double waved yellows are sufficient for car recovery situations, no matter how close to the track, or indeed the racing line. That would be a dangerous precedent to set.

Imo, on most other occasions they would have immediately deployed the safety car. Why didn't they here? I don't know, but it's not usual.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Double

Waved

Yellows

F1 drivers (and drivers in most feeder series, really) have been trained to expect safety cars in incidents like this over the years, so they've lost a great deal of respect for the flags. If you look at some of the onboards following the spin (when double-waved yellows were being shown), cars are still passing at near racing speed. As I said above, double-waved yellows would be sufficient to recover this car, but only if the drivers respected the flags.

edit: Amazing Reactions by Dino Zamparelli in a Racing Car!!. More like "Dino Zamparelli, the complete twat, ignores several waved yellow flags and nearly plows into the back of the pack".
Pastor Maldonado crashing under red flag
It should have been a safety car. Why they didn't deploy it no one will know.
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG