The online racing simulator
Why would every stoner in this country be expected to know anything about either the similar-sounding Czech Republic or Chechnya. No globally significant news comes out of either place. They're not building space ships, not curing cancer or inventing miracle technology. How many clueless stoners and idiots are in the rest of the world? Weird attitudes here.

Quote :For one thing, Europe’s unaccountable left-wing media spoon-feeds the European masses with a daily diet of sensationalist anti-American propaganda, so much so that ordinary Europeans have developed a thoroughly skewed perception of American reality.

For another thing, statistics show that Europeans are not nearly as well traveled in America as Americans are in Europe. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, some 11.4 million Europeans visited the United States in 2007, which is roughly 2.5 percent of the European population. (By contrast, a record 13.3 million Americans visited Europe in 2007, or roughly 5 percent of the U.S. population.) The lack of firsthand knowledge of the United States is arguably the biggest reason why ordinary Europeans cannot discern fact from fiction when it comes to America.

Quote from flymike91 :Why would every stoner in this country be expected to know anything about either the similar-sounding Czech Republic or Chechnya.

Are you serious?
It's basic geography. Although Americans would have problems finding America on a map, and probably think that Canada is a flight across an ocean.
Have fun reading and cursing ;-) : 17 cultural reasons why this E ... wants to live in America

Yes, I haven't been to the US yet, but I and people close to me have a fair share of experience with the worse type of 'Muricans. ("Do you have toasters in Germany?" ... "Is Hitler still your King?" ... "Watch out, those stairs are called escalators and move on their own!" ...)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's basic geography. Although Americans would have problems finding America on a map, and probably think that Canada is a flight across an ocean.

And that Australia actually is "upside down".... :P
Australia is upside down.
Quote from PoVo :
Quote from flymike :Why would every stoner in this country be expected to know anything about either the similar-sounding Czech Republic or Chechnya.

Are you serious?

C'mon - I am pretty certain you dont know which states borders with Massachusets
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by Flame CZE : inappropriate image
lol
Oh well, it was nice knowing you lol
lol!

have a nice vacation, you hero.
Quote from flymike91 :Why would every stoner in this country be expected to know anything about either the similar-sounding Czech Republic or Chechnya. No globally significant news comes out of either place. They're not building space ships, not curing cancer or inventing miracle technology.

Link!

Quote from AndRand :btw. for your knowledge - Poles and Czechs always makes laught of each other, mainly due to langauge - Czechs words are like Polish but always seems like diminutive with quite opposite meaning

Yeah.. Szukam .. in Polish: Search, in Czech: i'm f*cking someone (sry)
Quote from flymike91 :Why would every stoner in this country be expected to know anything about either the similar-sounding Czech Republic or Chechnya. No globally significant news comes out of either place. They're not building space ships, not curing cancer or inventing miracle technology. How many clueless stoners and idiots are in the rest of the world?

Some time ago there was war in Chechnya. It was in news also.
Quote from flymike91 :Why would every stoner in this country be expected to know anything about either the similar-sounding Czech Republic or Chechnya.

Sort of crucial that when you publicly wish a horrible death upon an entire nation or demographic group, that you have some vague idea of who, or what, you're talking about.

Just my opinion.

There's more difference between czechs and chechens as between 'muricans and muxicans...
lol world
Quote from Denny12 :Yeah.. Szukam .. in Polish: Search, in Czech: i'm f*cking someone (sry)

odchody - departures (cz), faeces (pl)
napad - idea (cz), robbery (pl)
sklep - basement (cz), store (pl)
piwnica - beer-pub (cz), basement (pl)
kibel - bucket (cz), cloakroom (pl)
křeslo - armchair (cz), chair (pl)
divan - sofa (cz), carpet (pl)
divadlo - theatre (cz), ubiquity (pl)
divacy - audience (cz), loonies (pl)
zahlastany - magic (cz), boozed (pl)
poruhany - broken (cz), ****ed(up) (pl)
poprava - death sentence (cz), improvment (pl)
kryminalist - policeman (cz), criminal (pl)
momentalnie niepřitomny - currently absent (cz), suddenly unconcious (pl)
You would be many, many times more likely to get a accurate description of Prague from an American than a description of San Francisco from a Czech considering how few Czechs travel to the US and how many Americans travel to the Czech Republic. Most of those posts were from the day or two after the bombing when everyone was scared (despite their tough talk) and no one knew anything but half-baked rumors.

Perhaps Chechnya was in the news almost two decades ago for another war involving muslims. I can't imagine why nobody gives a shit anymore.
Quote from Jertje :Sort of crucial that when you publicly wish a horrible death upon an entire nation or demographic group, that you have some vague idea of who, or what, you're talking about.

This!^
In some places a real, everyday threat to women is to suffer a man pouring battery acid on her face among dozens of worse fates. In many of those places, Islam is the sociopolitical construct that their society has accepted and in my view wants to propagate into the world where that kind of everyday human abuse is in the past.

Quote from AndRand :C'mon - I am pretty certain you dont know which states borders with Massachusets

1 - New Hampshire, New York, Connecticut...Rhode Island?

2 - I do know Massachusets is an American State and can name the other 49 + DC, so I take it I'm better than most Americans in that department. :P

The Inevitable Picture Thread IV: A New Funny
(3741 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG