The online racing simulator
BeamNG - Soft body physics
(298 posts, started )
BeamNG-DRIVE-0.3-setup.exe

52.9 KB/s - 220 MB of 225 MB, 1 min left

Iv'e broken the game

The car lose its orientation and it screwed the damage. If I enabled the debug mode, the 3D mesh was shown correctly while the car itself was in another position. Exiting the mission just crashed the exe.
Pretty awesome even with a keyboard! Will try my G25 tomorrow...

Quote from lukelfs :Pretty awesome even with a keyboard! Will try my G25 tomorrow...

With keyboard it's fine, but with G25 I get huuuge steering input lag. Pedals work fine :S

Am I the only one with this issue?

Tomorrow I'll try it a bit more, but I find that the steering behaviour is way wrong (or maybe the car in the demo has an awful suspension haha)
Quote from Whiskey :With keyboard it's fine, but with G25 I get huuuge steering input lag. Pedals work fine :S

Am I the only one with this issue?

Tomorrow I'll try it a bit more, but I find that the steering behaviour is way wrong (or maybe the car in the demo has an awful suspension haha)

Try Shift+b
Although I imagine crashing will eventually wear thin, this is scarily fun to play.
How is the driving (not crashing) physics?
The driving feels like LFS with broken dampers...very slippery and very bouncy
This is entertaining
Alltho it's very alpha-ish, I'm sure it will get great in the future. Also the crashing is mint!
also bought it, but got a bit dissapointed with how crazy slippery all cars are on asplhaut, the tyres don't react like rubber, it reacts more like a plastic octagon, that make the cars shake like hell, and don't have any grip :/

But this beamNG has a huge potencial to make loads of great games and simulators of all kinds...

like, seeing the CTRL + W, the parts configurator, it reminded me a little the SLRR, and certanly with some enfort, it could be a substitute for the SLRR, like I said here:

http://www.streetlegalmods.com ... s.php?m=posts&q=10184
Dis iz american game?
I tried the tech demo with an xbox controller. For what it is, it is really good and fun.
-
(Tango) DELETED by Tango
Can't wait for the day when this stuff becomes standard in any videogame
Anyone tried with G25 yet? If so, how to set it up right?
Edit: Plugget it in and it worked perfectly lol
Quote from NitroNitrous :Can't wait for the day when this stuff becomes standard in any videogame

For local effects, it's fine.

But how do we sync it over internet?
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Phew, finally downloaded it.
Quote from Keling :For local effects, it's fine.

But how do we sync it over internet?

Yeah, it's nearly impossible.

Even in GTA IV you see huge differences some times online. I don't think GTA IV is known for a great netcode, but still.
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah, it's nearly impossible.

Even in GTA IV you see huge differences some times online. I don't think GTA IV is known for a great netcode, but still.

Doesnt help that the lower fps you have the slower you go in gta
Huh? I never noticed anything like that, unless I misunderstand what you mean.
Quote from Bose321 :Try Shift+b

Sir, I owe you so much. Finaly I was able to drive and it feels fine. It's too bouncy, but I can see the potential for a nice driving experience (at least at street legal speed).

I found yet another bug. If you fall into the water (inside the cave there is an incredible deep pit) and you exit to main menu, you still have the water-distortion effect
It's very jittery and bouncy indeed, but good fun to mess around with car components and smashing it up.
the car just feels like it has no mass or inertia to it
Drifting the Marshal is the best thing since S2 release.
Additional engines pack

Garvil D-Series
-437hp engine
-874hp engine

Garvil H series
-520hp engine
-1040hp engine

Ibishu Covet
-256hp engine
-500hp engine

Garvil Grand Marshal
-520hp engine
-1040hp engine

Civietta Bolide
-700hp engine

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j5tld9

Unpack to the main game folder. Doesn't replace any files. Use parts configurator (Ctrl+W) to install engines.
Also bought it!

Can't wait for online destruction derby!

BeamNG - Soft body physics
(298 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG