The online racing simulator
BeamNG - Soft body physics
(298 posts, started )
Not Crysis 3, modified CryEngine3.

It's basically Rigs of Rods with proper graphics, I hope they'll do proper tire physics too.
Yep my bad *ninja edited* , will be interesting to see where this leads.
Already we have had driving games based on frostbite if memory serves me correct.
...and not CryENGINE 3 physics, per se, but BeamNG physics integrated into CE3.
Saw this yesterday coincidentally. Looks very amazing, which the default cars in Crysis woule be like that (they're shite). I do however wonder how heavy this will run on an already relative heavy engine.

I however still think RoR looks slightly more realistic.
#6 - Mysho
Quote from SlamDunk :...and not CryENGINE 3 physics, per se, but BeamNG physics integrated into CE3.

So it's not the cryengine physics? I thought they programmed it in this engine.
That would be epic for GTA, TDU or NFS Porsche remake.
Saw this earlier today, and was pretty much impressed.
I do hope they manage to make a fun game out of it
We need this damage model in LFS!
Don't show Eric this video or the thought alone trying to model this would make him ban the whole forum and jump out the window.
Quote from The Very End :Don't show Eric this video or the thought alone trying to model this would make him ban the whole forum and jump out the window.

Or make a forum post even
Looks pretty good. I think the model was a little inaccurate with the spring rates and the vehicle weight, thats why it looked all springy and like it had no weight behind it. But it still looks pretty good.
Topic headline is misleading as heck. It should read something like:

BeamNG (Rigs of Rods) soft body physics in CryEngine 3
Quote from SlamDunk :...and not CryENGINE 3 physics, per se, but BeamNG physics integrated into CE3.

Quote from SlamDunk :Topic headline is misleading as heck. It should read something like:

BeamNG (Rigs of Rods) soft body physics in CryEngine 3

Yes, we get it, oh and it still remains a CryEngine 3 Physics demo
Quote from Funnybear :Looks pretty good. I think the model was a little inaccurate with the spring rates and the vehicle weight, thats why it looked all springy and like it had no weight behind it. But it still looks pretty good.

its clearly a rough draft and miles away from completion....

but still for what it is, its not too shabby at all imo.
Quote from baSh0r :Yes, we get it, oh and it still remains a CryEngine 3 Physics demo

Well, I respectfully disagree. To my understanding, everything else is CE3 but the physics, so it's not a CE3 physics demo.
Was going to say 'stop being pedantic' but that's very impressive virtual physics and whoever got those calculations working together so well deserves credit for it. BeamNG site doesn't say a whole lot though :/
What about this kind of damage-model
I wish.
As long as the cars don't turn into jelly and as long as my FPS doesnt drop below zero :P
As long as it's a pure eye candy thing with no effect on the cars' performance, it's useless.
Merged two threads about that particular video.
Quote from MadCatX :As long as it's a pure eye candy thing with no effect on the cars' performance, it's useless.

It's not just eye-candy, that's the whole point. The entire vehicle is modelled as a soft-body physics object.
Quote from MadCatX :As long as it's a pure eye candy thing with no effect on the cars' performance, it's useless.

Ever played Rigs of Rods? You will see even the smallest crash does impact the performance of the car. Usually the tracking and such is rubbish after that.
Quote from Crashgate3 :It's not just eye-candy, that's the whole point. The entire vehicle is modelled as a soft-body physics object.

Exactly.

I've read they are also working on a realistic type of engine damage (so you can't drive after smashing into a wall with high speeds :razz.

(298 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG