The online racing simulator
BeamNG - Soft body physics
(298 posts, started )
I'm assuming that is supposed to be a Ford Fusion NASCAR?
Quote from Gougoodthing :I'm assuming that is supposed to be a Ford Fusion NASCAR?

It's supposed to be a 2014 Ford Mondeo road car.... Or a 2013 Ford Fusion depending on what side of the world you're on.
That looks brilliant, especially considering you've never done any modelling!
Quote from Bose321 :That looks brilliant, especially considering you've never done any modelling!

Thanks The outside is the easy bit, the blueprints I found were very good so it made life easier than it could have been. It helps that Blender is fairly easy to use once you've watched some YouTube tutorials. I've tried 3DSMAX in the past and not even managed to place a single poly!

The interior has no blueprints, so it'll be done by photographs. I've done an incredibly low-poly dashboard so far which looks really bad, but I think I have it in just about the right place.
Quote from mr_x :I've tried 3DSMAX in the past and not even managed to place a single poly!

I was able to make a spoon in 3ds max, but I have to agree it's rather difficult. I might give Blender a try for modelling then.
New update, and the cars are ALOT more stable and driveable now. They fixed alot of stuff, including Oculus support.
Forgive me for the stupid question but... how do I update?
Quote from Specht77 :Forgive me for the stupid question but... how do I update?

Do you have the paid version? AFAIK, only the paid version auto updates.

You could look in the start menu for the updater
hmmmm I bought it, but I only installed the paid version on my desktop, on the note I'm using the techdemo... will test it once I get home then, thanks
Quote from atledreier :New update, and the cars are ALOT more stable and driveable now. They fixed alot of stuff, including Oculus support.

I still think the Bolide drives like the wheels aren't attached properly, but I've accepted that it will never be very good. Maybe once/if they bother to add FFB I'll be interested again, but it will probably be FFB with 18 steps in it because 18 is the arbitrarily optimum number and doesn't need to be increase even if they could.
Hehe. Yeah.

They also messed up engines this time around, or something is very wrong with my setup. The engines have an inverse torque curve at off-throttle situations, which means that with throttle fully off the torque curve mimic the full throttle torque curve, only in "reverse". The engines also seems to have lost all their inertia somehow. The other users either don't care or don't have this issue though, so it might be something in my end.
Anyone know if Rift support is in this? Got a rift sitting here dying to get used for something like this.
read post #232 on this topic
Got Rift support in the last update.
I just ran the paid version right now. It seems significantly more performant on my computer. Feels a bit better as well.
Do you get the excessive engine braking issue, Dawe?
Just wondering, is the Techdemo a good representation to see what I will get FPS-wise in the paid version (thinking about buying, worried about fps)?
I think so yeah. The paid version runs slightly better, but not much for me.
Quote from DeKo :Anyone know if Rift support is in this? Got a rift sitting here dying to get used for something like this.

JEALOUS.

I am so getting one once the retail versions come out.
Is there any indication on how much it will cost? Does it work when you have glasses on, or wouldn't you need them because it's so close to your eyes?
Quote from Bose321 :Is there any indication on how much it will cost? Does it work when you have glasses on, or wouldn't you need them because it's so close to your eyes?

Iv'e been watching many videos lately. It has 3 lenses so people can use it without glasses on, but I've seen a lot of people using it with glasses without any problem (perfect 3D and confortable).

If people are so happy with the dev kit, I can only hope that the production one is gonna be at least as good as now.
Quote from Crashgate3 :JEALOUS.

I am so getting one once the retail versions come out.

It is a fantastic bit of kit, and I've had some serious fun showing all my family and friends it, but the low-res screen really lets it down, especially for people like us who are used to 1080p graphics on a big PC monitor. It is exceptional though and with a better screen it will be the future.

If you screw the lenses back you can comfortably wear it with glasses, and I have tested it with my Dad using the C lenses to correct for his vision and he says it works very well.
The retail version will apparently be full 1080p resolution.
Quote from Crashgate3 :The retail version will apparently be full 1080p resolution.

Can you turn the 3d off? Also if it's rendering two separate images for 3d does it demand a lot more from the gpu than a single screen would? Lastly, is it a display in itself, or does it require a monitor to work, like those old glasses do? -what controls the refresh rate?

I realise these are questions I should research or ask on the oculus website but meh.

BeamNG - Soft body physics
(298 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG