The online racing simulator
ClaViCo Autocross Plugin
(288 posts, started )
Quote from Eclipsed :Today I came to a conclusion,that this one is very useless programme if you don't have proper internet connection - without joining server and connecting this to it,you can't use it at all. I hope you plan to add singleplayer support whenever/if you return to developement of this...

Well you can always create local dedicated server and connect to it locally
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Well you can always create local dedicated server and connect to it localy

That's the problem with my crapnet - I can't even that!!!
Quote from Eclipsed :That's the problem with my crapnet - I can't even that!!!

You don't even need the internet to make local server
Ok,I did not check all possible options - I though if this programme is not working when running server from client locally,then it should not be on dedi too,ok,my mistake. But still - where's the problem to make it work on single player?
My crapnet does not allow me connect to dedi server (using master server) which is run on same machine. Imagine that...
Quote from Eclipsed :
My crapnet does not allow me connect to dedi server (using master server) which is run on same machine. Imagine that...

Some routers block traffic from itself, that's probably why you can't connect to your server via master server, neither see it in server list. But no matter what, you can always connect to the server locally, even if it's connected to master server.
Progress report March
Lately I have been actively developing ClaViCo AP to the next level. I made a few breakthroughs programmatically speaking and hope the New version will be more functional and useful once released publicly. I am still eagerly awaiting news on the improvements Scawen briefly discussed a few months ago. I hope it is still on his agenda. The ability to avoid the ground level check would make this tool more appealing.

Anyway, just to clarify I never stopped developing ClaViCo. I just develop at my own pace, besides alot is being done behind closed curtains. Furthermore, single player support has always been a tricky one not because it is hard to do but because there are certain LFS limitations I do not encounter in muliplayer mode (Ex.:inability to intersect objects in single player).

Also ClaViCo AP is an Autocross Plugin of the more vaste ClaViCo (which feature a Cruise Plugin, Race Plugin & DerbyPlugin) so I am not always busy with the AP although it is my favorite :P

To prove that ClaViCo AP is still alive a few screenshots & layouts hereby attached.
Attached images
lfs_00000009.jpg
lfs_00000011.jpg
Attached files
FE1X_PATTERN1.lyt - 6.7 KB - 655 views
KY1X_PATTERN1.lyt - 4.9 KB - 609 views
Quote from sicotange :Anyway, just to clarify I never stopped developing ClaViCo. I just develop at my own pace, besides alot is being done behind closed curtains.

Somehow remembers me Scawen and LFS...

joke..
Cannot wait for new features
Can't wait too
I did an awesome SkyDrift at Westhil

Attached files
WE1X_SkyDrift.lyt - 6.3 KB - 1170 views
Holy crap haha! Looks nice, gotta try it
Progress report April
I'm currently improving a feature I brainstormed about a few years ago: patterns. Patterns give you the possibility to save small structure of objects who can then be reused quickly to improve productivity. It has been tested for a while now on WS • Metropolis with no big issues so far. The only significant issue I'm encountering is that I can't seem to figure out how LFS is rounding the heading of the object when it is converted from byte to degrees.

To show you what it is about, the second picture shown below shows several patterns.
Attached images
lfs_00000031.jpg
lfs_00000032.jpg
Cool stuff. Please share some if the layouts when they are done Not much online these days so preferable I want to test them offline.
Quote from The Very End :Cool stuff. Please share some if the layouts when they are done Not much online these days so preferable I want to test them offline.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a lot of mine since my hard drive crashed. I lost my only good one, Rainbow Road, but there's going to be more added to the floating layout section of my site.

edit: oh.my.god. I uploaded it to the forum before it crashed.
Nice thank you
Is there any way to make objects have "banking" so as to possibly make some really cool oval tracks.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Is there any way to make objects have "banking" so as to possibly make some really cool oval tracks.

No, as far as I'm aware.
I know you can prop objects up on walls and such. Would you be able to copy those and place them on different x coordinates? Wondering before I go through a ton of effort.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Is there any way to make objects have "banking" so as to possibly make some really cool oval tracks.

If you're talking about changing the angle of objects (specifically ramps), no it's not possible. The only way to have a "banking" area is to use ramp2 sideways, as seen in theodu69's post.
Yeah I guess that's true. Only other thing I can think of is putting a bunch of speed bumps together and have them gradually go up.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :I made a super exciting oval.

more photos

great track must of took a while to do, would it be possible for you to put barriers round the edge so cars do not fall off the track and higher than 1 barrier if it can be done so have a few barriers ontop of each other round the outside

please
Quote from capris :great track must of took a while to do, would it be possible for you to put barriers round the edge so cars do not fall off the track and higher than 1 barrier if it can be done so have a few barriers ontop of each other round the outside

please

Here you go!
Attached images
barrierwall.jpg
wall2.jpg
Attached files
BL3X_itbrti_oval_walls.lyt - 4.9 KB - 459 views
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Here you go!

Awesome Layout

I made a new Stunt layout for AU1X
Enjoy it with your friends

You can try it on my server , TheKill's Stunts S2
Thanks to Sapo for his help
Attached files
AU1X_TheKill'sLayoutJ4F.lyt - 7 KB - 445 views
Neat little enjoyable thing

I still wonder who whill be the first to build a loop out of ramps or other objects ;D If it's possible to tilt an object vertically without limits it should be possible
Attached images
Untitled.jpg

ClaViCo Autocross Plugin
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG