The online racing simulator
you have to remove the pw, read a few pages back, it came up here i think
Hm,I don't know how to make realtime video of pictures. I can't find out it. Anyone help ?
Quote from Litro :Hm,I don't know how to make realtime video of pictures. I can't find out it. Anyone help ?

Practically any video editing program can do this. A popular choice is the free VirtualDub.
Quote from juliao :insim not initialised

error ->l insim password does not match your multiplayer admin password

help

http://www.4shared.com/photo/gQ-Pias7/erro.html

You need to set the InSim password, which can be found in Project > Project Settings > InSim. If you don't know your InSim password, you can find it by opening the file LFS\cfg.txt and looking for the line Game Admin. It's the same admin password you use when logging onto a multiplayer host.
I'm using Sony Vegas.
1 frame is 5 sconds long by default.
P.S. I find out, what should to "New still image length (seconds)" And should set to 0,24(60/25)
Thanks Victor, great tool
Eh, but it is not OK, anyway. Something wrong in options.
Quote from Litro :I'm using Sony Vegas.
P.S. I find out, what should to "New still image length (seconds)" And should set to 0,24(60/25)

If you record at 25 fps:
The correct value is 0,050. And be sure that your project to 25fps(PAL) (File->Properties)
Quote from Whiskey :If you record at 25 fps:
The correct value is 0,050. And be sure that your project to 25fps(PAL) (File->Properties)

Thanks !
This is a very nice tool Victor

By the way, is there any way to animate the "active camera" state or do we have to record multiple segments to get all the cameras?
Hi.

I have to admit I haven't tried to run this tool yet but I've just seen introduction videos. One thing haunted my eye. There seem to be 3d studio export option in menu.

I guess it's just a simple camera export at this point. Will it be ever possible to import track and car models into max with all telemetry data for cars(not just car trajectory)?

I was wondering if it will be possible to create prerendered videos in 3ds max based on LFS models and telemetry one day?
great tool
-
(juliao) DELETED by juliao
Quote from DarkTimes :You need to set the InSim password, which can be found in Project > Project Settings > InSim. If you don't know your InSim password, you can find it by opening the file LFS\cfg.txt and looking for the line Game Admin. It's the same admin password you use when logging onto a multiplayer host.

THANK YOU DarkTimes
good idea victor
Quote from tolas :Will it be ever possible to import track and car models into max with all telemetry data for cars(not just car trajectory)?

I was wondering if it will be possible to create prerendered videos in 3ds max based on LFS models and telemetry one day?

I guess I can only say I want this to be possible, already been wondering if it was possible to get the rotation of the wheels via insim so we could have the whole car animated in 3ds max.
Quote from Whiskey :
Quote from Litro :I'm using Sony Vegas.

If you record at 25 fps:

shouldn't it be 0.04? (1 second / 25 frames per second = 0.04 seconds per frame)
Quote from Bokujishin :This is a very nice tool Victor

By the way, is there any way to animate the "active camera" state or do we have to record multiple segments to get all the cameras?

Not at the moment no. Do you think it's really needed? In theory you can do multiple scenes with 1 camera (just flick it to the next position at the scene transition) and because AE doesn't have 'active camera' animatable property , such a feature would break the AE export function.

Quote from tolas :Hi.

I have to admit I haven't tried to run this tool yet but I've just seen introduction videos. One thing haunted my eye. There seem to be 3d studio export option in menu.

I guess it's just a simple camera export at this point. Will it be ever possible to import track and car models into max with all telemetry data for cars(not just car trajectory)?

The 3D Studio (or actually Maya script) export is not yet implemented. I still want to do this, but I need to get my hands on some Maya script documentation. Though I haven't really looked yet. But yes, it would be similar to the AE export function, which exports all the camera and null layers for you to use in AE.
Importing track models will never be available (not counting SMX meshes, because those aren't really usable for video). Importing cars into a 3D editor however should be possible. There should be some ready-to-use car meshes out there.
But more than animating a whole body (like animating individual car wheels) will not be an option for LFS Record.
Thanks for your answer.
I don't really think it's a necessary feature, but I had to record a bit more and then delete some screenshots to get what I wanted.
What I mean is (at least while recording fullscreen), since I can't see for how long it has been recording, I have to know where to stop manually.
Not that it's that troublesome, but having a way to tell "I want to record for xx seconds" could help a bit, IMO.

Anyway, I tried combining 2 replays and it works just great! (I just have some artifacts after using matte difference).

Oh, almost forgot a little bug, although it doesn't seem to be related to LFS Record: I recorded the same camera animation 3 times (once without any car, and then with 2 different cars), and I noticed the trees had no leafs at all, except in one of the recordings... And as I just started LFS, my trees still have no leafs.
Quote from Bokujishin :
Oh, almost forgot a little bug, although it doesn't seem to be related to LFS Record: I recorded the same camera animation 3 times (once without any car, and then with 2 different cars), and I noticed the trees had no leafs at all, except in one of the recordings... And as I just started LFS, my trees still have no leafs.

yes I think there is something Scawen can improve for his next patch where when entering shift-u mode and toggling fullscreen the world is redrawn entirely. At the moment it seems it is not always fully redrawn, so there are some missing items and possibly gaps in the ground. Normally you can 'fix' this by quickly moving the world in LFS with your mouse. For some reason LFS redraws fully then. But I realise this is kinda annoying to do with full screen recordings. Unfortunately I haven't found any way around this for now, so I'll have to ask scawen about it.
If it is a real problem, then what you can do is build in a pause at the start of your animation (move everything ahead in time a little), allowing you to manually nudge the LFS world before the actual animation starts. It does mean you have to cut the start off of course, but that's a real simple process tbh (just don't import the prepending screendumps)

I'll have a think about stopping the recording exactly where you want btw. Maybe I'll add an extra 'active timeline section' bar like in AE.
Quote from Victor :shouldn't it be 0.04? (1 second / 25 frames per second = 0.04 seconds per frame)

Well, yes, but Vegas will truncate the values to match a full frame, so 0.05 is just the same.
Still something is not OK. It goes too fast now..
Just an idea - would it be possible to render cars in their positions on the LFSRecord map? It could be useful when setting cameras etc.
Hi great program, but there are people without video editing software, any chance you could add an option to simply export the file as a video format ie mp4, avi this would save messing about with large image files? Thanks
Fantastic work Victor, really loving this program.

One question though, is it possible to switch between active cameras while recording?

At the moment, I've been recording and exporting (into AE) up to the point of a camera change, and then changing the camera, and recording that section, then exporting it etc.

Just wondering whether you can "animate" the change of active camera from within LFS Record.

Once again, an excellent program with tonnes of potential

Josh.
Quote from Litro :Still something is not OK. It goes too fast now..

when adding bmp to vegas just chose the first one and in the bottom in "import media" there is a "select sequential" tick that and select first image that LFSrecord has chosen (it will scale it).

Quick Vid test.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG