The online racing simulator
Quote from Victor :New patch available : v2.0.8

Fixes the no sound bug in v2.0.7 when playing back a replay while being connected to LFS.

Hi Victor,

it could be just my error, but I've tried all possible sound devices in LFS Record, but I still dont have any sound while playing back the replay while connected to LFS... Any hints?

Regards,

Ruben
hmmm, are you 100% sure you've got version 2.0.8? (check in Help -> About dialog window).
And also, just to make sure, audio playback only works when playing back the timeline; not while recording.
Yes, i'm using 2.0.8 and it doesnt work while playing back the timeline... (Which I want to use to capture the audio at with another tool, so I can add it after i've recorded the video ;-))
-
(JayEyeBee) DELETED by JayEyeBee : not useful
No null from car data
Hi guys! Looks like i cannot add a car data null layer.
Actually is not present on my menu...
I have 2.0.8
Thanks a lot Victor, i actually downloaded that video already but i didn't watch.... sorry for my lack of attention
Ok, done, great method to avoid millions of keyframes but once i stick camera position to car data, it stays in that "shitty" position and i cannot move it, because camera position coordinates are greyed out....
I'm probably make a mistake again, but i tried several things and i didn't solve this.
What you have to do is 'parent' the camera to the ReplayData layer. Then the camera will do all the things that the car in the ReplayData layer does, while at the same time allows you to animate the camera on its own as well. When you parent a camera to another layer, you'll notice the camera's parameters are not grayed out.

see attached screenie to illustrate
Attached images
parenting.jpg
Another problem solved, sorry for that asking but i'm in a hurry to finish the highlights of 3rd round of our italian championship. Many thanks, this program is great, well done.
Following the tutorial all the way from the start, still doing something wrong because I get a huge spam of "follower could not find position" after I join track in LFS and tab to LFSrecord and start moving camera
Attached images
uh.jpg
-
(JayEyeBee) DELETED by JayEyeBee
Do I have to press * again when it finishes recording? Because when I set e.g. fullscreen 6 seconds, it finishes recording and gets stuck and after like 15 seconds I am able to minimize the game.
* starts and stops recording yes. But I don't understand your message tbh. What do you mean by setting 6 seconds fullscreen, and can you or not minimize the game, and by what means do you mean? Shift-f4?
Ah, it seems like hitting spacebar helped, SHIFT+F4 didn't work. Thanks anyway,
oh think I see. Yeah, at first I thought that when you start recording with LFS in fullscreen, LFS would gain focus. But it doesn't. So even if LFS is fullscreen and every other window is behind LFS, LFS does NOT have focus (I'll look into changing that with the next patch though). But that means that keypresses are not handled by LFS at all. Hence shift-f4 didn't work.
OK, that exaplains why my LFS window was flashing in the taskbar. Thanks for the info
thanks for that report. I'll have it fixed with the next version (although I'm not sure when that'll come out at this time).
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty : :D :P :( :| :_; :|
Quote from Victor :AVI is still the most widely used and accepted container. I use it as well, for raw footage.
For final videos these days i've settled with the mp4 container format, using H264 compression (+ac3 audio).

I also so wish AviSynth had import capabilities for image sequences, because then ppl could use MeGui to convert their screendumps to any format they want.

hm, im actually playing around with avisynth and stuff and im quite sure it can also read from images as source: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/ImageReader.

Besides avisynth can manipulate its output in various ways thru filters, like size, crop aspects, sharpeners, blurs, import sounds, it can even grade colors in basics or output avi http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1073371#post1073371 or Quicktime files with the QTreader plugin. German users might want to read http://avisynth.org/oldwiki/in ... AviSynth+und+FrameServing for an overview.

For the VirtualDub users (which can also read avisynth input): since ive installed the x264vfw codec from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/ i can choose it in Vdub´s compression dialog. It seems to be more efficient (= smaller files) than the xvid codec with similar processing time. With other footage i often get around 25% size compared to xvid.

MeGui was also my preferred tool to convert stuff from avisynth sources - till i met all those mac users. They rarely could read what ive converted on my windows xp machine Actually im testing mediacoder for conversion to mac stuff - using x264 codecs in .mov or .mp4 containers and mp3audio: http://www.mediacoderhq.com/index.htm. But no clear results yet.
Wow,
just watched the tutorial videos, what an amazing tool.
I might just have to spend some time making videos now.
Speilberg watch out
Tried to have a play on my laptop and had a crash, forgot to record the message though.
So I had another go on my desktop gaming machine and got an InSim version error when trying to connect to LFS Z30 test patch.
I assume this is to be expected with the test patch. Will the full release patch work ok, or will that require a new LFS record version?
oh I see. I think that's related to the InSim.net library that LFS Record uses, which is currently being updated. So I'll release a new version soon that'll work with Z30 and future updates.

But yes, LFS Record will work with older patches.
Sorry Victor,
I meant will the Z30 patch once it is finalised (and no longer a test patch) work ok with LFSRec v2.0.8 or will LFSRec require and update too?
You have answered that though as the libraries are being updated. In the interim, we can't use the Z30 test patch. I guess that I can roll back to Z28 as I'm not to bothered about open configs at the moment.
Thanks for a fantastic tool, I'm sure once I have used it properly I shall be meithering you some more
I'm currently testing LFS Record with Z30, to see that it all works. I can have a LFS Record v2.0.9 patch later tonight which will work with both Z30 and older versions of LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG