The online racing simulator
Ok, no problem, as goodboy sais, we can avoid this typing the seconds, so this is less important than other things.
just to be absolutely sure, this is what you CAN (should be able to) enter :

1 (1 second)
1:2 (1 second, 2 frames)
1.2 (1.2 seconds)
1:2:3 (1 minute, 2 seconds, 3 frames)
1:2.3 (1 minute, 2.3 seconds)

Indeed when I try to enter 1.2:3, the colon will not appear, because it's not valid.
Just making absolutely sure we're all talking about the same thing.
Quote from goodboy735 :it's not the character.... it's how many they're are.

Doh! Yeah, that makes a hell of a lot more sense
-
(DarkTimes) DELETED by DarkTimes
#54 - PoVo
Nice work Vic! Atleast one dev proves he's working!
Quote from Victor :
1 (1 second)
1:2 (1 second, 2 frames)
1.2 (1.2 seconds)
1:2:3 (1 minute, 2 seconds, 3 frames)
1:2.3 (1 minute, 2.3 seconds)

Those in bold send my cursor to the left
Works fine for me with DE-AT and EN-UK keyboard layouts, it's somewhat cumbersome with the EN-UK layout because "." (full stop) and "," (comma) shift to ">" (greater than) and "<" (less than) instead of ":" (colon) and ";" (semicolon) respectively.
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll have to read up on keyboard layout handling in .net. There appear some things going on that I don't know about.
I'll need a couple more hours on undo and then I'll start googling.
Strange, now I'm also experiencing the frame drop issue, 50% in fact. On my RAID 0 array it skipped odd numbers, on my VelociRaptor it skipped even ones
In LFS I can hold down CTRL + S for minutes and it won't drop any, so there's no disk write issue of any kind.

Only difference, apart from the load on the disks, is that this project is set to 75fps, the one that worked flawlessly was at 100fps. Resolution is the same, 1920x1080.
quick question - I assume that was while recording with a replay?
Quote from Victor :quick question - I assume that was while recording with a replay?

Yes it was.
I'm with Windows XP and I have Net FrameWork 4.0, but an error shows up(when I start the application)...
Attached images
error.PNG
LFS Record v2.0.2
There is a new patch available; v2.0.2
For download links, see the first post in this thread.
No longer in alpha state - we're now beta \o/

*Added Undo/Redo
*Hopefully fixed the skipped screenshots
*Fixed project save file corruption due to too long layer name (incompatible change, so old projects can no longer be loaded)

Not much else in this update.
I did add a logger for when LFS reports errors while saving the screenshots. They will be saved in a file called deb.log, in your LFS Record root folder. But hopefully you'll not need it.

Final note - with the smallest amount of luck I've also fixed the keyboard layout problem, but I'm not counting on it - I'd be very surprised :P So do please report if you still have that problem.
Quote from r3zp3k7 :I'm with Windows XP and I have Net FrameWork 4.0, but an error shows up(when I start the application)...

could you try that again and click on that link "What data does this error report contain?" ? If that's something you can copy paste, then please do so and attach it here.
Quote from Victor :could you try that again and click on that link "What data does this error report contain?" ? If that's something you can copy paste, then please do so and attach it here.

OK I've attached it, but when I click on the next thing(View the contents of the error report.) a big scroll window shows up & I can't copy the text inside...

Edit: Check the second attachment and tell me does it count as Net Framework 4 ?
Attached images
error2.PNG
netframework.PNG
assuming the second screenshot is from the installed programs listing, then yes that should indicate .net 4 is installed.

But I have no idea about the crash. From that first image I'd say it's not directly LFS Record that crashes, but a standard part of windows instead. I wouldn't really know how to fix that, or have advice on how to fix it atm :/
Quote from Victor :assuming the second screenshot is from the installed programs listing, then yes that should indicate .net 4 is installed.

But I have no idea about the crash. From that first image I'd say it's not directly LFS Record that crashes, but a standard part of windows instead. I wouldn't really know how to fix that, or have advice on how to fix it atm :/

Don't worry then, I'll try to think of something.
No more missed shots

On the other side, I can still not use ":" characater, but it's nothing important.

I made my first video, not as perfect as I wanted, but now that I know how everything (Record & Vegas) works I can try anotther takes
hi victor, in the last few days I caught the desire to create clips,
I tried several programs but LFS Record is excellent, now I'll just use him
So far It tried pure basics, move the camera from the beginning to the end of the start line with a small roll, other angle view ...
This initial part It understand and I hope to soon enter into a Grif with creating videos that I want

for now I ran into 2 problems.
The first problem I do not torture, but the error report says:
"replay error: LFS is currently not in a suitable mode to load a replay from, if you see this error please report it to the author of LFS record."

at the time of reporting error, in the LFS has been running a replay,
via the "LFS record" I tried to load the desired replay

2 problem is:
several times the program goes out, does not appear in any error or similar,
It simply goes out.
I had not managed to figure out the reason, it seems to me that is not linked to any function.

is using: Windows XP and I have Net Framework 4.0
LFS record 2.0.2.0

continue the excellent work
Greetings
Quote from Whiskey :No more missed shots

On the other side, I can still not use ":" characater, but it's nothing important.

I made my first video, not as perfect as I wanted, but now that I know how everything (Record & Vegas) works I can try anotther takes

Fijate de cambiar la configuracion del teclado a otro idioma ( Como USA standard o English Standard)

Panel de control - > configurcion regional y de idiomas -> Opciones avanzadas -> idioma para programa no unicode.
I've just tested it a bit and tried to get used to it...very simple to learn and it has surprisingly wide range of functions...I am already looking forward to find some more time to create a video...with this software it would be piece of cake
there is just minor problem I've got so far...the recording often freezes after cca 8-10 seconds...I usually dont need so long shots but I also don't know what causes this...

and maybe stupid question...wouldn't it be somehow possible to add noise recording? I kinda miss it
Hm, I tried to record video some days ago, but I could't find location of video. Now I found that it records screenshots in "shots" folder ? Or maybe there is video file somewhere ?
-
(JayEyeBee) DELETED by JayEyeBee : better explanations follow
Quote from Litro :Hm, I tried to record video some days ago, but I could't find location of video. Now I found that it records screenshots in "shots" folder ? Or maybe there is video file somewhere ?

it only records screenshots...you have to load them into some movie editor which has properties of 25fps and width and height of those screenshots...then you render it as a movie

but it is great it works like this because now I can record full resolution...before I had to use 16bit recording which didnt look so good
Quote from bavorak :there is just minor problem I've got so far...the recording often freezes after cca 8-10 seconds...I usually dont need so long shots but I also don't know what causes this...

LFS Record will push your HDD pretty heavily, 6mb per Full-HD 32bit frame. Doesn't take many of those to exhaust the buffer, and once that happens, you'll bog down to actual disk write speeds, which is what causes the stuttering.

Quote from bavorak :and maybe stupid question...wouldn't it be somehow possible to add noise recording? I kinda miss it

Because LFS Record captures single frames frame by frame, recording sound simply isn't possible. The upside is that it ensures (almost) pixel-perfectly identical frames every single pass you run. "Almost" because there is one inconsistency: Wind. LFS uses a new random seed every time it is started, so if you want to record multiple passes, you mustn't restart LFS between passes or the flags and any other objects affected by wind will almost certainly be different, including particles (dust, grass, smoke).
Quote from Inouva :Fijate de cambiar la configuracion del teclado a otro idioma ( Como USA standard o English Standard)

Panel de control - > configurcion regional y de idiomas -> Opciones avanzadas -> idioma para programa no unicode.

TBH, I don't think that while developing an internacional application changing the keyboard layout is a solution.

I know it's a way to avoid the problem, but not a solution. Plus I can specify the time in seconds or just use the mouse, so changing the layout would be the worst option IMO.

Anyway, thanks for your help
Quote from phoenixIlooka :now i got 13GB of BMP-pictures for about 40secs.
is there a free program you would recommend for making these pics to a video?

virtualdub.

I feel this tool quite useful, thanks!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG