The online racing simulator
Thrustmaster T500 RS
(230 posts, started )
Quote from RoadrunnerS :Sorry I will resize pictures on future posts .
But why there is no auto-resize on LFS forum ?

Because most people don't use too big to ruin the layout + it's a stock forum without such addons. I think the devs are too busy coding...
There is no change to make the gears move the pallets
Setting profiler LFS ?
So is there any actual feedback on this wheel, what it's like, how it compares to others, instead of just bitching and tit for tat forum feuds?

As for posting big pictures, it only resizes the cell that the post was in, all others are unaffected, so that's just more pointless drivel in this cluster-**** of a thread too.

So is there anyone out there who hasn't made some kind of pact with a brand or game or platform that can give some feedback on it. The things it does better, the things it does worse than the G25 I currently have.
Quote from EeekiE :So is there any actual feedback on this wheel, what it's like, how it compares to others, instead of just bitching and tit for tat forum feuds?

As for posting big pictures, it only resizes the cell that the post was in, all others are unaffected, so that's just more pointless drivel in this cluster-**** of a thread too.

So is there anyone out there who hasn't made some kind of pact with a brand or game or platform that can give some feedback on it. The things it does better, the things it does worse than the G25 I currently have.

I think the french Thrustmaster bot is the only one around this forum that posts about it.

Compared to the G25 it's a better wheel. It's more accurate with steering, not that noisy as the G25, turns faster and it's a little smoother. If it's worth the price compared to a G25 is your own opinion.
....but the G25 is still a good wheel. Not the best on the market, but it still enables you to drive and win. and that's all that really matter isn't it?
i think it sums up as the g25 is for a driving enthusiast who cant afford a track day every weekend, while the thrustmaster is for the super-rich or for someone who is unable to race for some other reason.

i have a g25 myself, i imagine the differences being minimal, but adding up all around.
Quote from logitekg25 :i think it sums up as the g25 is for a driving enthusiast who cant afford a track day every weekend, while the thrustmaster is for the super-rich or for someone who is unable to race for some other reason.

i have a g25 myself, i imagine the differences being minimal, but adding up all around.

I honestly don't get that.

First of all the Thrustmaster is not super expensive.

Second of all, the more expensive Fanatec, Thrustmaster and perhaps even FREX wheels are for enthusiasts. The G25 is just an entry wheel if you like racing games. Maybe a wheel does not make you faster, but that's how the world works, isn't it? A 500USD PC runs a game fine, but people still buy PC's 3x that amount to run the same game. It doesn't make you play better.

And honestly the difference between the wheels are larger than you might think. You should really try anything else than a Fanatec to 'experience' it to be honest.
Quote from Bose321 :I honestly don't get that.

First of all the Thrustmaster is not super expensive.

Second of all, the more expensive Fanatec, Thrustmaster and perhaps even FREX wheels are for enthusiasts. The G25 is just an entry wheel if you like racing games. Maybe a wheel does not make you faster, but that's how the world works, isn't it? A 500USD PC runs a game fine, but people still buy PC's 3x that amount to run the same game. It doesn't make you play better.

And honestly the difference between the wheels are larger than you might think. You should really try anything else than a Fanatec to 'experience' it to be honest.

although i agree. but just to add, it's not just Ferrari that win races. even a DFP is still good enough to get you racing online. and that's what truly matters. I think you said in another thread that it's best to buy what you can afford. I think this is also true here. I believe it's better to do great on good gear than it is to do good on great gear.
most people don't buy expensive computers to just play one game.
Quote from dadge :...enables you to drive and win. and that's all that really matter isn't it?

To drive and have fun. That's my case at least...

My G25 trully does a great job and the T500RS is a bit overpriced, but hell, I can pay for it so think I'm gonna buy it anyway
maybe i diddnt make it quite clear enough, i dont own a thrustmaster (or fanatec wheel for that matter), but that is what im getting from this thread...the thrustmaster does everything fantastic, where the g25 does most things great.

not needed to play, but wanted.
PC - DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2012_TTRS_3) + Firmware V40

Changes:

- The self-calibration process has been optimized

- Latency has been optimized and raised to 500 Hz (instead of 125 Hz) of the frame rate

Package 2012_TTRS_3 + Firmware V40
:spin: BLACK FRIDAY Offers:

T500 RS

* $376€ here: (instead of $599.00)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ ... 517282&pf_rd_i=507846

* $349€ here: (instead of $599.00)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... fac4605ee98332b6b381527ed

* $336€ here: (instead of $599.00)
http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=DQ3618

FERRARI F1 WHEEL ADD-ON
* $139€ here: (instead of $199.00)
http://www.amazon.com/Thrustma ... keywords=ferrari+f1+wheel

TH8 RS Shifter
* $104€ here: (instead of $149.00)
http://www.amazon.com/Thrustma ... 1&keywords=th8+rs%20-
How do those dollareuro prices work. Do all this use this 1$ for 10 Euro course which is of course entirely wrong? It has gone down in price considerably but honestly I wonder if I still wouldn´t find it worth the money when it was 150-200 euro more

I played with mine for a some weeks now. Got it with the ferrari wheel. Just got home a 320 mm standard wheel but awaiting an adapter for it.

It´s no small step up from a G27 in term of feel and use of materials. I would say it´s more bang for buck really however if you are just after fast lap times the DFP GT and G27 is very easy going wheels. You can max out the force feedback and it´s still never enough to overpower you. But it certainly feel like a toy wheel in comparison. I thought the pedals was quite decent but they feel as plasticky like the wheel in comparison.

Not perfect though. It´s quite noisy even though it´s belt driven also before the fan kicks in. I find it a bit annoying that you have to leave the wheel powered for 30 minutes after a session before the wheel cooled itself enough to stop the fan. Maybe if the fan would start at the same time as you start playing with the wheel this process would go faster?? With the torque of this wheel I can see it´s not really possible to do without a fan to bad they couldn´t fit a larger more quiet one though.

However when using headphones it certainly appear quiet to me. Particularly compared to the G27 which is sometimes quiet but frequently get those crazy clank clank clank noise that sounds like something just got loose in the wheel entirely.

Also it could perhaps be a bit smoother being a belt drive. I have read it uses a toothed belt it´s about what it feels like occasionally. But again it´s just something that don´t make it absolutely perfect it´s still a lot better then G27 in term of precision and feel. But I do recall the Turbo S for example being slightly smoother though it don´t at all had the ffb capabilities of the T500RS.
After the first day of driving (~1000 km) this is how I feel.

Honestly though, this is a serious wheel. I had high expectations for it, and it surpassed them all. The TH8 shifter was almost a bigger surprise, as I expected it to be as bad as the gated Act-Labs shifter which usually resulted in more mis-shifts than proper shifts. Instead, this is the first time I've actually enjoyed slamming gears in virtually. Impressive.

There's not much to say about the wheel, other than that it's worlds beyond my previous one (G25) in both speed, FFB strenght and smoothness. Drifting at 1080 degrees will still require a bit of work, but it's very rewarding once you get it right. My only complaint is the rubber surface of the wheel rim. I think a steering wheel set of this caliber and cost should have leather instead of cheap rubber.

Pedals.. they're ok, better than Logitechs definately, but I'll get Clubsport V2's at some point for the better clutch and load cell brake.
Pardon for the double post, but I recorded a little drifting clip using 1080 degrees for those who are interested to see the wheel in action using the full lock it offers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKUONa0eEU

(Still shoddy driving, but slowly getting better)
Wow, that looks great! Fast movement of the wheel, just like in real life. I'd love to have a go at that!
Few tips about fan...

drill holes with a 2.0mm drill bit first,after that with 2,5mm

make a connector for possibly easier changing fan

I hope that this will help a bit
TRS Official Loadcell Brake Mod

hello
please, can anybody tell me what setting do you use with our t500rs pleaseeeee lfs tell me...
is unplayable, its a pity i cant play with t500 well.

with g25 i always have fun
Here is my settings

In game
Quote from Jadran :Here is my settings

In game

maybe because you have 2 controllers? lucky guy to get t500 lol good luck
Had this issue starting recently, when I plug the wheel in, it shows up as 'Thrustmaster FFB Wheel' in game controllers. If I click properties to open the control panel for the wheel to change the FFB settings or wheel turn degrees explorer crashes (assuming that the installer didn't work correctly, have installed them every way you can think of and still doesn't work). I have installed different versions of the drivers all with no success, before the problems suddenly arised it showed up in game controllers as 'Thrustmaster T500RS Racing wheel' (or something pretty close). I tried doing a Firmware update and that failed after around 20 minutes of waiting. After that my wheel was detected as something completely different and wouldn't even get detected by the firmware updater, for which I can assume its bricked.

I have had the wheel about 15 months, it hasn't seen much use during and the wheel has stopped working. When I fished out my receipt to take it back to the store to get a replacement I realised the warranty was only 1 year, great job Thrustmaster for such an amazing product..that cost me nearly $700 and only has a year for warranty.. At least you made the pedals right, they're still working albeit a dirty pot which should be easy to fix.

This is supposed to be a premium wheel licensed by Gran Turismo/Sony and the last wheel I bought (my G25) it had a 2 year warranty (and that isn't even a 'GT official product'), what's going on with people these days when they can't even give you more than a year for a warranty? Are you really putting so little faith in your products?
There's a reason why it's not called Trustmaster.

Thrustmaster T500 RS
(230 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG