The online racing simulator
Thrustmaster T500 RS
(230 posts, started )
the ffb on that wheel isnt strong but its fast so I take that if you put a bigger heavier steering wheel there, the ffb feels like utter shit?

still gotta say, nice.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :the ffb on that wheel isnt strong but its fast so I take that if you put a bigger heavier steering wheel there, the ffb feels like utter shit?

still gotta say, nice.

Don't forget that this wheel is built with a 65W Motor! (Torque 150mNm, 3000rpm, 65W, Ø52) = for sure no problem even if necessary to pull a tractor :superman2
#53 - jmkz
Quote :the ffb on that wheel isnt strong

what?
it's very strong, maybe you have the setting tuned down?
Nice pictures:

i will wait the new Logitech wheel to be in production. I like mine G27 more than that expensive Thrustmaster.
Quote from BOSCHO :i will wait the new Logitech wheel to be in production. I like mine G27 more than that expensive Thrustmaster.

I'm kinda annoyed with people that say such things based on price, without trying. Like saying, ah it sucks because it costs more... Like some wheels like the Fanatec, it's in a different class, so maybe costs more.

Sorry if you actually tried it.

Oh, and a new Logitech wheel, that's useless.
Quote from Bose321 :I'm kinda annoyed with people that say such things based on price, without trying. Like saying, ah it sucks because it costs more... Like some wheels like the Fanatec, it's in a different class, so maybe costs more.

fanatec fanatec fanatec fanatec fanatec fanatec. change the subject. please.
Quote from Bose321 :I'm kinda annoyed with people that say such things based on price, without trying. Like saying, ah it sucks because it costs more... Like some wheels like the Fanatec, it's in a different class, so maybe costs more.

Yes i tried it. the G27 is more comfortable for long races. Yes the force on the thrustmaster one is more big but i only use about 60% of it.

what about when people dismiss a wheel they have not tried yet as "useless"? would you like salt with those words?
Quote from dadge :what about when people dismiss a wheel they have not tried yet as "useless"? would you like salt with those words?

Erm... I'm not saying it's useless as in it will suck, but as in it's useless. There are already 2 recent wheels that are 99% the same, so I don't see the reason for another Logitech wheel.
Quote from Bose321 :Erm... I'm not saying it's useless as in it will suck, but as in it's useless. There are already 2 recent wheels that are 99% the same, so I don't see the reason for another Logitech wheel.

maybe because as you said, they have 2 wheels that are 99% the same? how many wheels have Fanatec got that are 99% the same? i'd say all their wheel products.
Quote from dadge :maybe because as you said, they have 2 wheels that are 99% the same? how many wheels have Fanatec got that are 99% the same? i'd say all their wheel products.

Hmm, nope.
Quote from Bose321 :Hmm, nope.

so, having two wheels that are 99% the same is not good enough reason for logitech to make another? using that logic, fanatec would be nearly twice as bad no?
Quote from dadge :so, having two wheels that are 99% the same is not good enough reason for logitech to make another? using that logic, fanatec would be nearly twice as bad no?

Hmm, sure.
i'm only going by what you said dude.
Fanatec has 900 models, revisions and combinations of the same shitty wheel. They've just changed either the leather, or decided "lets use a different colour of plastic".

They're all not worth the box they're shipped in.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Fanatec has 900 models, revisions and combinations of the same shitty wheel. They've just changed either the leather, or decided "lets use a different colour of plastic".

They're all not worth the box they're shipped in.

u jelly
Quote from Bose321 :u jelly

u able to post a response without looking like a kid? he's dissed your Fannytec. you could either give your honest opinion which would also serve as a review of the Fanatec wheels. after all, you were a beta tester for the wheel were you not? or, you could just ask him if he's a fruit flavoured wobbly kids treat. it is/was your call.
in your opinion, what makes the Fanatec a better wheel than the G25/27? what the support like? drivers? noise? you had so many options to make dustin look silly but instead, you opted to put the clown suit on instead.
Quote from dadge :u able to post a response without looking like a kid? he's dissed your Fannytec. you could either give your honest opinion which would also serve as a review of the Fanatec wheels. after all, you were a beta tester for the wheel were you not? or, you could just ask him if he's a fruit flavoured wobbly kids treat. it is/was your call.
in your opinion, what makes the Fanatec a better wheel than the G25/27? what the support like? drivers? noise? you had so many options to make dustin look silly but instead, you opted to put the clown suit on instead.

k.
you've done it again. honestly, what's you opinions on the fanatec stuff over the logitech stuff. try to be fair though. keep the usual fanboy stuff away though.
the stage is yours...
  • Fanatec is built better IMO.
  • Belt-driven (smoother FFB)
  • Nicer size and leather of wheel (sure modable, but I mean stock vs stock)
  • More settings to choose from (on the wheel instead of an app)
  • Better parts used for electronics like the engine (which can be replaced if it's broken and out of warrenty (because it's a generic RC high-end motor))
  • better support, and very personal, quick, fast, kind
  • Drivers are simple, just install and go, no need to mess around for hours to set settings in the program like logitech has
Quote from dadge :you've done it again. honestly, what's you opinions on the fanatec stuff over the logitech stuff. try to be fair though. keep the usual fanboy stuff away though.
the stage is yours...

He knows that the Fanatec wheel is worse, so he can't make any worthwhile point. Its elementary really.

As for your points:

I've had a G25 shipped out to me to replace a faulty G25, without cutting a plug, just off my word while my wheel was out of warranty.
Drivers - I've always had them to be plug, install, play. If you haffto **** around with settings, you're doing it wrong. Go to the Control Panel, set the FFB to be 100/0/0 with no centering spring and I'm off and ready. It's a 1 minute procedure.
Quote from Bose321 :
  • Fanatec is built better IMO.
  • Belt-driven (smoother FFB)
  • Nicer size and leather of wheel (sure modable, but I mean stock vs stock)
  • More settings to choose from (on the wheel instead of an app)
  • Better parts used for electronics like the engine (which can be replaced if it's broken and out of warrenty (because it's a generic RC high-end motor))
  • better support, and very personal, quick, fast, kind
  • Drivers are simple, just install and go, no need to mess around for hours to set settings in the program like logitech has

thanks. i don't use the profiler so i've never spent any time with it. logitechs supports is also very good. i think you'll agree with that. which fanatec wheel would you say is equal to the logitech G25/27? i like the logitech pedals. they're really mod-able. but fanatec seem to have the better "out of the box" pedals with those club sport (i think that's what they're called).
i also like the on-the-fly adjustability of the fanatec wheels. it's something logitech could learn from.
i find the fanatec wheels a bit too pricey compared to the logitech stuff. that could be different now since it's been a while since i checked the prices.
Quote from dadge :thanks. i don't use the profiler so i've never spent any time with it. logitechs supports is also very good. i think you'll agree with that. which fanatec wheel would you say is equal to the logitech G25/27? i like the logitech pedals. they're really mod-able. but fanatec seem to have the better "out of the box" pedals with those club sport (i think that's what they're called).
i also like the on-the-fly adjustability of the fanatec wheels. it's something logitech could learn from.
i find the fanatec wheels a bit too pricey compared to the logitech stuff. that could be different now since it's been a while since i checked the prices.

Well honestly most of them are comparable, but like I said: I like them better. The clubsport pedals are just in an other class IMO, there's a tuning kit you can buy to to change pretty much anything on it very easily, I don't think the Logitech pedals are better or easier to mod. The kit includes different pedals, different strengths springs, some lubes a few foam rings.

Thrustmaster T500 RS
(230 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG