The online racing simulator
Thrustmaster T500 RS
(230 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :well for myself I can compare, at least for myself 30mins of track time in a rented car is endlessly more enjoyable and memorable than months of sim racing.

lets just leave it there.

30minutes in a limited, rented car with an instructor telling you when and where to brake, what gear to be in, and when to change to said gear. you might as well sit in the back and let him drive.
Remind me not to get my fingers near that when just powered up...

Pretty big wheel, but it seems nice.
1st picture of coming soon shifter:
Interesting. They use 7 speed+reverse, good for them, now we'll see what is the price and the quality of it.
Quote from RoadrunnerS :Don't forget that this wheel is built with a 65W Motor! (Torque 150mNm, 3000rpm, 65W, Ø52) = for sure no problem even if necessary to pull a tractor :superman2

Don't forget that 65W is equal to 0.09 horsepower - that's not enough even to pull a bicycle.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Don't forget that 65W is equal to 0.09 horsepower - that's not enough even to pull a bicycle.

but enough to shake the taste out of your mouth!
HI do you know whos pictures these are from this post?
I have the same setup and would like to know how they attached the pedals to the Playseat pedal rack? Currently I have the bottom pedal bar holding them, nothing at the top as the mounting holes dont line up.
I would guess they are promo pictures because that RoadrunnerS guy is clearly working for Thrustmaster. So your best bet is to send him a pm or wait until he comes here with new pictures.
Quote from RoadrunnerS :1st picture of coming soon shifter:

Why, oh why.. had they go ruining it with a gated shifter. :doh:
presumably because the gates help make it feel less like a plasticy mess when youre actually using it instead of just looking at it
Not really, all it causes is a bunch of misshifts. Ever used the gated Act-Labs shifter? I have, and it was a nightmare compared to the G25 shifter because the stupid gated plate.
i havent but the g25 shifter for me it was a lot like "theres gotta be a gear somewhere" with reverse being the worst offender
i've never missed a gear with my G27.
Quote from dadge :i've never missed a gear with my G27.

+1 only g25

only times i end up going in the wrong gear is thinking i'm in one gear, and jumping into what i thought was the next gear. always caused from not really thinking..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :My impressions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrLrd7tFrSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... utQ7I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... zyvb4&feature=related

thrustmaster cant do shit, has always been bad quality.

If anyone is considering buying this, do a favor to yourself and don't.

Well, I think if you look at Logitech or Fanatec you'll get the same thing too. Personally, I've had a slightly noisy fan a couple of times but the overall impression so far is very good indeed. The FFB is superb and although the brake doesn't have a load cell, it's certainly an improvement on the G25/G27 pedals and brake - which you'd expect!
Quote from StableX :Well, I think if you look at Logitech or Fanatec you'll get the same thing too.

Not really. In all years I've never had any of those problems with a G25/G27 or a Fanatec (no problems so far with that).
Quote from Bose321 :Not really. In all years I've never had any of those problems with a G25/G27 or a Fanatec (no problems so far with that).

I am not talking just about myself... I'm talking generally.

Well, I have loads of times and speaking to others too. Not necessarily fan issues but definitely issues. It's well documented that fanatec have had an enormous amount of issues with their earlier wheels so it's wrong to say they haven't.
In 5 years I change two G25.First die about three years ago (both motors die) second still working but I sell it about 4 month ago and buy T 500RS.For now only hot recommendation
Quote from Jadran :T 500RS.For now only hot recommendation

With fans breaking as often, it's sure to be very hot

not sure about 'recommendation' bit tho
Adapter to install very quickly real wheel (Momo, OMP, Sparco or Nardi) on T500 RS ($34.75):

Another one here with awesome result:

Quote from jabz10 :HI do you know whos pictures these are from this post?
I have the same setup and would like to know how they attached the pedals to the Playseat pedal rack? Currently I have the bottom pedal bar holding them, nothing at the top as the mounting holes dont line up.

In the last pic you can see a few white cable ties holding it all together.

Thrustmaster T500 RS
(230 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG