The online racing simulator
Thrustmaster T500 RS
(230 posts, started )
Thrustmaster T500 RS

Quote :Main:
•Realistic steering wheel
•30cm in diameter with brushed metal radio stations.
•Authentic levers sequential gearbox polished metal.

Force Feedback:
•Accurate Technology HallEffect Thecnology HEART
•Ultra wheel, with resolution of 16 bits (65,536 values in the address)
•Industrial motor force feedback (150 mNm torque, 3000 rpm, 65 W, 52mm)
•Powerful Force Feedback rapid response t
•Plug motor drive
•Mechanisms with large double straps
•Adjustable angle of rotation up to 1080º (3 full turns)

Pedals:
•With 2 locations to choose from (mounted: F1 or suspended: GT)
•Metal pedals, high stability and resistance
•Weight 7 Kg approximately
•3 adjustable pedals both in space and height
•Brake pedal and adjustable enhanced resistance
•Textured metal footrest grid

More info: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135961

According to Kazunori's tweet the price is 500$. And that's without a shifter.

PC compatibility should be self-explanatory, shouldn't it?
$500 dollar is prbably Japanese price, because a G25 costs $450 over there.

Pretty sucky that it's more expensive then a G27 while it has no shifter. I could do with the wheel only, just for the bigger wheel and 1080 degrees steering
Or i'm just gonna mod the G27 to 1080 degrees.
#3 - dadge
It looks like the DFP and the G25 had sexy time and this was the result.
looks good though (the wheel, not the image of two controllers doing the big nasty).

Also, if someone told me they had a Thrustmaster T500, I would think they bought it in a sex shop. The wheel does 1080°. They could have played with that a bit and called it the HD or something other than what they have now. They may as well called it the Joy-giver 3000.
Quote :•30cm in diameter with brushed metal radio stations.

Nice
Great
#6 - Coxis
Just an FYI for everyone, the wheel WILL feature a gated shifter, but it will be sold separately.
I like how they've put a 16+ age rating on the wheel
But I can just see it now, people not following that and their kids ending up with broken thumbs.

I know someone on here actually posted that their G25 broke their thumb at some point, so if this is that much more powerful it could be an issue.

Now we just have to see if Logitech decides to come back with a better unit of their own. I really want to see racing wheels get to the point that even the lower end ones have really good feature sets, and thats whats going to happen if companies compete for the best.
Quote from Calzone :$500 dollar is prbably Japanese price, because a G25 costs $450 over there..

lol so it costs $5. I wish.
Quote from DragonCommando :

I know someone on here actually posted that their G25 broke their thumb at some point, so if this is that much more powerful it could be an issue.

If i have to spend all day searching for such a thread. I will.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :
If i have to spend all day searching for such a thread. I will.

It was a guy who heard a sound while countersteering. He went to bed, and the next day he wen to a hospital to see his mother. It was at that moment when the doctor said that thumb looked bad, and went to the X-ray to see that it was really broken.

I'm sure it has to hurt a lot, but I found this case funny
Quote from Sueycide_FD :lol so it costs $5. I wish.

The source (link in OP) is Kaz's tweet. Since he lives in a completely Japanese world he probably just converted the Japanese price to USD. So that wasn't supposed to mean 500 yens.
Quote from deggis :The source (link in OP) is Kaz's tweet. Since he lives in a completely Japanese world he probably just converted the Japanese price to USD. So that wasn't supposed to mean 500 yens.

i think he was joking.
why would you need a clutch pedal without a H-shifter?

but pedals looks still very nice and they motivated me to mod g25 pedals
Quote from Kendercik :why would you need a clutch pedal without a H-shifter?

but pedals looks still very nice and they motivated me to mod g25 pedals

Quote from www.madshrimps.be :Gamers will notice that having 3 pedals at their disposal not only enhances the level of realism, but it also gives them a taste of what’s to come with the addition of an independent gear stick, which will also be available from Thrustmaster in the coming months.

ah, sorry
it has been also mentioned above and i didn't saw it.
Want . I think it beats my DFP...
if it can respond faster than a g25 it will be cool.

big caster self centre driftu ftw, but 1080deg would be like driving a bus if its not responsive enough. 3 turns like a bmw ugh lol
Would hate to have a finger get caught in there
omg it costs about 500 € in germany -.-
IT SPINS SO FAST

Seems like a nice wheel, way more than I wanna pay though. I'll stick to my years old G25.
500 euros?
500 euros for a wheel that works with 2 games for the PS3, and 0 for PC. The clutch also doesn't work, as it won't without the shifter that you have to buy as an extra. Great deal.
Nice pictures found on other forums by 1st consumers::Eyecrazy:

Thrustmaster T500 RS
(230 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG