The online racing simulator
Did someone say to get rid of the lazy Eric and let Lynce make the textures?
Quote from The Very End :Great road textures!
Looking forward to see what you can do with the gravvel

I hope I can be something interesting. Thanks for your effort.

Quote from Bose321 :Did someone say to get rid of the lazy Eric and let Lynce make the textures?

I think Eric did an amazing job for LFS. The planning for the track and some models are really fantastic and very original.

Atention to low connections. Almost finished.

Cheers.
Quote from Lynce :

In testing.

lynce creo que tu deverias a fazer la parte del team com victor, scawen,eric
para criares las texturas para lfs tu eres mucho boeno con las dds
Looks amazing! Don't we need grip line on termac?
Quote from juliao :lynce creo que tu deverias a fazer la parte del team com victor, scawen,eric
para criares las texturas para lfs tu eres mucho boeno con las dds

Obrigadinho. Percebo muito bein o Portugues. Voce pode falar portugues comigo.

Quote from PioneerLv :Looks amazing! Don't we need grip line on termac?

Thank you brother. I love the suggestions.

In this case, I don't know, but I don't understand your point of view. I need to understand it better.

There are news on the Blog to explain some reasons to make that kind of asphalt.

"I’m very interested on suggestions and criticisms. Really is interesting to see another point of view.

Asphalt, for Fern Bay, is old. The new asphalt,..." and continues.

Cheers.
The attention to detail is stunning, great work and thanks for the updates!
Quote from dynofiend :The attention to detail is stunning, great work and thanks for the updates!

Thank you very much.

I put a lot of effort on each texture that I did and I make a documentation to make it as real as posible. A lot of tests always thinking "it is possible to improve this improvement?" Of course I put attention at the detail because sure LFS looks much better if I put all the passion on it.

Next new. Will not update on the blog because I want to work on the grass to make the total comparison from original to RP 2012. This is just a gift for the community:

Added 3d effect and photorealism:

Cheers.
Quote from Lynce :Thank you very much.

I put a lot of effort on each texture that I did and I make a documentation to make it as real as posible. A lot of tests always thinking "it is possible to improve this improvement?" Of course I put attention at the detail because sure LFS looks much better if I put all the passion on it.

Next new. Will not update on the blog because I want to work on the grass to make the total comparison from original to RP 2012. This is just a gift for the community:

Added 3d effect and photorealism:

Cheers.

Wow! Awesome details!
The Curbs looks amazing.

Just loving these textures, can't wait for the release.
How do you manage to get a 3d-feel out of a picture / DDS file?
Either way, looks amazing!
Quote from wody21 :Wow! Awesome details!

Quote from FireMike15 :The Curbs looks amazing.

Quote from ImudilaSkyline :

Just loving these textures, can't wait for the release.

Thanks!!

Quote from The Very End :How do you manage to get a 3d-feel out of a picture / DDS file?
Either way, looks amazing!

The secret is to know about optical effects (I'm not an expert, obviusly) and made testing. A lot of tests. Even the correct use of the light and shadows.

To see this in motion is impressive, of course.

I really didn't think increase the quality this way. I think LFS is impressive in this aspect. You can improve everything.

Thanks, anyway, TVE.

Finally I published the pics on the Blog. So if you want to see the images with more size, just click in the pics on the Blog.

Cheers.

EDIT:

Q & A, comments, suggestions, criticisms and flames are welcome.

Even Flame_CZEs Hehehehe.
It looks stunning, but I've noticed one little bad thing, in that sunset pic on the right side. The transition between two textures is not good there. http://i.imgur.com/NDGTO.png
Quote from Flame CZE :It looks stunning, but I've noticed one little bad thing, in that sunset pic on the right side. The transition between two textures is not good there. http://i.imgur.com/NDGTO.png

Hi, Martin.

I saw with attention all curbs on the track.

LFS system. No solution.

Thanks you for your coment.
Quote from Lynce :HI, Martin.

I see with atention all curbs on the track.

LFS system. No solution.

Thanks you for your coment.

Okay, I know that it is often hard to make a good texture because of a bad modelling (no offence to Eric). Fern Bay is one of the older tracks he made.
Quote from Flame CZE :Okay, I know that it is often hard to make a good texture because of a bad modelling (no offence to Eric). Fern Bay is one of the older tracks he made.

It is very hard to work on this track. Believe me. I mean about textures improvement.

Very early tests. I don't like the result of the sand. I will try with another style for Fern Bay:

does this reduce fps atall ?
Oh that's a lovely shot there, looks promising so far
Quote from Franky.S :does this reduce fps atall ?

In my opinion, high-res textures (max 4096x4096 I assume, I may be mistaken though) do not affect FPS much, unless you have an extra old gamig rig with poor graphics card.

PS: It is really a pity that there hasn't been a chance for you, Lynce, to be an official LFS graphics artist, I'm sure it would bring a lot of fresh air into LFS and those gorgeous textures would be there by default. Well, I wish...
Looks amazing!
When releasing this, please make an option where you can get the BL gravvel to look that great too, if that is not too hard to do?
ok flame

with lynce than lfs will look like c.a.r.s
Quote from Franky.S :does this reduce fps atall ?

Well... as Martin says, this situation is possible. Perhaps 5 or 10 frames can be down.

Quote from Flame CZE :Oh that's a lovely shot there, looks promising so far

In my opinion, high-res textures (max 4096x4096 I assume, I may be mistaken though) do not affect FPS much, unless you have an extra old gamig rig with poor graphics card.

PS: It is really a pity that there hasn't been a chance for you, Lynce, to be an official LFS graphics artist, I'm sure it would bring a lot of fresh air into LFS and those gorgeous textures would be there by default. Well, I wish...

Thanks.

I have a very poor specs on my PC.

1gb RAM. Intel Core 2CPU 6320 @ and 1,86 GHZ x 2.

Ati Radeon Sapphire x1550

Photoshop 7.0 from 2002.

These are my working tools.

By this reason I can't work with 4096 x 4096 dds files. My limit is 2048 x 2048.
I only can talk about my passion for this work to my favour.

Quote from The Very End :Looks amazing!
When releasing this, please make an option where you can get the BL gravvel to look that great too, if that is not too hard to do?

Hahahahaha.
Hard?

Yeah, very hard because it needs to work from scratch again to make a good compatibility with Blackwood. Hehehehehe. Don't worry. Maybe Blackwood is the next for the next RP. I do not mean about 2nd addon. The 2nd addon will be a car.

Noted.

Quote from Franky.S :ok flame

with lynce than lfs will look like c.a.r.s

Thanks to you for your interest and comment.

C.A.R.S. Pixar's movie?

Cheers.

I have published the last pic with more size on the RP's Blog with new comments.
I think he refering to C.A.R.S , the simulator game beeing developed by the NFS team

And thanks for the info, I'll just wait patient then, while looking on the turd-gravvel on BL
yes project c.a.r.s, looks godamn realistic
Quote from Lynce :It is very hard to work on this track. Believe me. I mean about textures improvement.

Very early tests. I don't like the result of the sand. I will try with another style for Fern Bay:

ME GUSTA! This is some really proper gravel, finally! You are on a good path, keep it going. So awesome to see again some LFS stuff activity. Lynce gives it new breath.

The Revolution Pack June 24th, 2010
(496 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG