The online racing simulator
Quote from Zay :In other words, it works with demo, S1, and S2.

Not really... demo users can't race on FERN BAY, so it's just for S1 and S2 users.
How much gona be de FPS impact in weak pc ( Like mine )
Quote from Lynce :Well... as Martin says, this situation is possible. Perhaps 5 or 10 frames can be down.

Epic job as always, Lynce.
#379 - Zay
Quote from kitu_gudu :Not really... demo users can't race on FERN BAY, so it's just for S1 and S2 users.

The textures that Lynce made for blackwood, and the demo cars will work, is what I meant.
Amazing work! Looking forward to it. The next graphicall step I think could be done is mesh reworking of cars/ tires/ some critical object but not sure if it is allowed and possible.
Quote from Zay :The textures that Lynce made for blackwood, and the demo cars will work, is what I meant.

I don't know what are you talking about. Can you post a link?
Quote from Inouva :How much gona be de FPS impact in weak pc ( Like mine )

IMHO You won't be able to notify lower avg FPS. The loading time - when everything (the textures...) loads - will be a bit longer.
Quote from wody21 :IMHO You won't be able to notify lower avg FPS. The loading time - when everything (the textures...) loads - will be a bit longer.

+1.

Comparing the loading time between both there are difference. But not a lot.

When the computer works with higher resolution files, the RAM "works with more effort", so frames can drop.

In my case, with my PC, there 10 frames down.

About suggestions.

I only go to work in 4096 x 4096 for the tarmac. The sand uses 2048 x 2048, but LFS uses this texture two time for the same place. Make your own experiments to understand it. I can't explain it better. I'm sorry.

The rest of the textures would be work in 2048 because is not necessary with more size, really. I mean to the bush, for example. I can make a photorealistic texture in this size.

Summarizing, The revolution Pack 2012 will get I nice quality and I think the low specs computers, as mine, can be work very fine with 60 frames per second (depends of your confguration).

About default textures of the cars:

The second addon will be a car. In the same line of the RP August 28th (FZ50).

About low poly of LFS:

I can't make anything because that violates the agreement. This is a work for Eric Bailey.

As always, thank you very much for all the comments. I read them with attention.
Quote from Lynce :+1.

Comparing the loading time between both there are difference. But not a lot.

When the computer works with higher resolution files, the RAM "works with more effort", so frames can drop.

In my case, with my PC, there 10 frames down.

About suggestions.

I only go to work in 4096 x 4096 for the tarmac. The sand uses 2048 x 2048, but LFS uses this texture two time for the same place. Make your own experiments to understand it. I can't explain it better. I'm sorry.

The rest of the textures would be work in 2048 because is not necessary with more size, really. I mean to the bush, for example. I can make a photorealistic texture in this size.

Summarizing, The revolution Pack 2012 will get I nice quality and I think the low specs computers, as mine, can be work very fine with 60 frames per second (depends of your confguration).

About default textures of the cars:

The second addon will be a car. In the same line of the RP August 28th (FZ50).

About low poly of LFS:

I can't make anything because that violates the agreement. This is a work for Eric Bailey.

As always, thank you very much for all the comments. I read them with attention.

And your rig is?

so more or less i can see the diff
Here is some info on lynces rig

1gb RAM. Intel Core 2CPU 6320 @ and 1,86 GHZ x 2.

Ati Radeon Sapphire x1550
This update will be awaited almost like an official one. Amazing work ! :wow:
One word of advice, Lynce (I suppose you are already doing it, but just in case): Please, Please, make backups from time to time. Looking at your specs, you can always have a bad surprise.. talking from my own experience.

Keep up the great work. Is there anything "we" could do, to help ? (or speed up the release) ?
Quote from bishtop :Here is some info on lynces rig

1gb RAM. Intel Core 2CPU 6320 @ and 1,86 GHZ x 2.

Ati Radeon Sapphire x1550

Thank you, bishtop.

Thank for your interest, Inouva.

Quote from luchian :This update will be awaited almost like an official one. Amazing work ! :wow:
One word of advice, Lynce (I suppose you are already doing it, but just in case): Please, Please, make backups from time to time. Looking at your specs, you can always have a bad surprise.. talking from my own experience.

Keep up the great work. Is there anything "we" could do, to help ? (or speed up the release) ?

Thank you very much for your comment.

At first I thought your comment was a joke, but I thought it interesting to clarify certain points.

I've been working freelance for eleven years. Is poorly paid. So I have a computer obsolete.

Therefore, from experience I take these precautions:

1. The hard disk is divided into two parts. One is to run the system (C). The other is to save important things (D). Such as the Revolution Pack directory is in D.

2. I take care of software maintenance such as defrag and format (in red) .. Only format a partition (C). Green.

3. Everything important is in the partition (D).

4. Defragmenting is important, so the system works properly. Access is fast because the files are sorted correctly in the disc. Formatting is done every 3 months.

5. I keep another backup in (G) (in yellow). But only the final files. PSD files are in D (red).

6. When I finish all the work, in this case the first addon, keep a backup in (E). In blue.

7. My partner is responsible for maintaining the hardware. Is made once a year and the task is to clean the CPU.

Cheers.
Thanks for the elaborate explanation . Good luck continuing the great job that you do
Quote from luchian :Thanks for the elaborate explanation . Good luck continuing the great job that you do

Thanks to you for the advice anyway.

Bigger on RP's blog._

I love what you did to the curb! Also I like the way these textures makes the reflection look also a little better
10fps loss with your sistem is pretty high..., i wonder how will affect the low end / ancient pc's like mine
Generally, the FPS loss totals out to -10. It's done the same thing to mine, considering both of our computers aren't even close to mid-range. What are the specifications for your current setup (including all peripherals)?
Quote from speeddemon6 :Generally, the FPS loss totals out to -10. It's done the same thing to mine, considering both of our computers aren't even close to mid-range. What are the specifications for your current setup (including all peripherals)?

P4 3.2ghz, 1.5gb ddr1 ram, HD 2600 pro running like a XT, 500w psu
Inouva, the FPS loss for you system will be around the same.
Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Might want to increase your ram, but that's about it. Perhaps overclocking your CPU, and upgrading your graphics card to something like an EVGA 8600GT (personal recommendation) might help out. The card itself sells for around 60$ in todays money. New, it was worth 200$.

In tests. Bigger on the blog as always.

Cheers.

Note: That Skin on the screen is from Beefyman666. I saw some time ago, in the finished Skins thread, a guy who was adjudged authorship.
Great job! Wondering if you will make the grass texture at similar photorealistic level.
Wha.....
Quote from speeddemon6 :Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Might want to increase your ram, but that's about it. Perhaps overclocking your CPU, and upgrading your graphics card to something like an EVGA 8600GT (personal recommendation) might help out. The card itself sells for around 60$ in todays money. New, it was worth 200$.

or simply dont dont download the pack..., i dont have money to aford a new VC and TBH the HD2600XT is better that the 8600gt
Great job on those bushes, they have a lot of detail in them! However the grass looks a little boring to me, it's all the same. Would it be possible to have some 'variation' in it or would that be impossible with the mapping method of LFS?

The curb also looks really big to me. Can you show me an image with the new curbs instead of that sliced up image? I am just used to 'smaller' curbs.

But the overall level of detail in these textures really make it an other game! I can't stop saying what some textures can do!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG