The online racing simulator
Women Drivers !!!
(184 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Becky Rose :The kart meet is a good measure of speed in a go kart of this userbase because it consists of the userbase (even drivers from outside the UK) and puts them in go karts. Am I missing something obvious here?

I never said I was the best driver here in a go kart on this forum, but I am saying i'd be right up there, and i'm prepared to provenance it by turning up to the official meets and racing. I'm not even bothered to get the best kart and fastest team mates - I go for the fun of it, but I guarantee i'll be amongst the quickest no matter who comes. If your ego can't take that a woman can be every bit as quick as a man, then boo hoo .

It's nothing about being a man or a woman but you can't be so cocky after going to 1 kart meet consisting mostly of I.T Proffesional's. Theres shit loads of talented people on here that would wipe the floor with you. I just don't like your cockyness.
Quote from hrtburnout :Yep. Most members of the userbase did not show up. I'm sure you didn't race me or 49999 other people who didn't show up.

That's the thing about male drivers. You just can't accept you aren't the fastest can you...

It doesn't change the facts however, i'd beat the vast majority of you.

Oh looksie, the conversation has totally moved on from how women can't drive. Mission accomplished.
Quote from Becky Rose :That's the thing about male drivers. You just can't accept you aren't the fastest can you...

It doesn't change the facts however, i'd beat the vast majority of you.

Oh looksie, the conversation has totally moved on from how women can't drive. Mission accomplished.

Average weight according to American statistics

Men: 86kg
Women: 73 kg

That's a 13kg difference (huge advantage)

So any chick that can drive a kart half good will be at a natural advantage than a male when it comes to corporate/fun go-karting because there is are no weight ballasts. You turn up and go. With this in mind I'd expect you to be near the front Becky if your weight falls in line with national averages.

Anyway what we talking about again? Did anyone actually say women are slow when it comes to racing? Just that men, on average, have better spacial awareness and map reading skills.
Even if she is top 50, out of 49000 members or whatever it was, that's pretty damn good! I'd love to be in the top 50 karters on this forum. But I'd be lucky to get into the top 5000.
Sexist/ironic/sarcasm mode=1

I think they recently studied that the 'women multitasking' thing is actually not true at all! I always thought that. Calling, doing makeup and driving at the same time, bound to lead to problems. And all because women believe they can multitask.

Knowing you can't should help as it might bring them back to normal levels, you know like dudes, you drive, you call, you do makeup (ummmmm) but not at the same bloody time!

Sexist/ironic/sarcasm mode =0
Rudy
Vale
NickC
Norbi
arreeche
arrowkart4
Duck
Kristjan
chriskart
Leonardo
Hugo
JPeace
vincper
malcomax
v1rgo
Gooden
Arrow.
lopino12
bawbag
karolis
marcg
daniel1992
zanini
kart-36
davews
pecholobo
jomax
rambo
pallukka
rocabiliz
darkone
revenger
scipy
max92
bio
jonesy_
unipro
seb
andy
hawku

Theres a quick 40 to get your mind round, some of the people i know with kart experience and a few people i think would do well in a kart with some practice. This is the tip of the iceberg, theres loads more i think would be good from lfs in a kart.
@Intrepid: I havn't weighed myself in years Alan, but i'm not a small lass . Still bloody fast though. Most of my proper racing was with ballast anyway so it was a level playing field in that regard.

I did get a penalty once for being 9kg underweight - but that was because some of the ballast fell off in a shunt lapping a back marker. I broke a few ribs too, but I almost always break ribs when I go karting - I almost expect it these days !

@pearcy_2k7: Some of those guys might be faster than me, I can't really say until i've raced them a few times. I know Kristjan in particular is an amazingly quick driver, and I gather Norbi and Rudy are - i've no idea who'd win in a go kart against them though (although i'm sure they'd beat me in their own formulas as I dont have seat time in them).

I don't have any provenance for the RL skills of the rest though so don't really know where they'd be but of the guys you said, "a few people i think would do well in a kart with some practice"... I can't see why you'd put unexperienced drivers down against me and expect a win? You really don't think much of me do you? Sadly, for your master plan of listing usernames, i'm actually really bloody fast - and as I said, you can all come and race me and we'll have some fun on the track - i'm not making a claim I wont back up, and most importantly, it'll be fun finding out
Ah whatever, it's nothing you will ever be able to prove so i don't know why you would mention it. Rudy was actually a dutch karting champion iirc.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Ah whatever, it's nothing you will ever be able to prove so i don't know why you would mention it. Rudy was actually a dutch karting champion iirc.

For the same reason a load of men in this thread where saying women drivers aren't safe. Some of the posts where extremely sexist, so I decided to turn the tables.

Although as I said I am actually prepared to prove what I said. I might even be able to make the Dutch meet this year too although it does depend on date.
But you can't prove it unless you go up against all 49,000 members. Some comments were sexist but i think some were said in a joking manner. Your comment was just ego boosting.
You listed some drivers that MIGHT be quick (and a few that definitely are quick). But that doesn't mean they'd be better than Becky. You could list 49000 names that MIGHT be, but that doesn't make your argument any stronger.

There are a few proper boyracers, on this forum judging by their facebook profiles, who clearly haven't got a clue what they're doing.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :But you can't prove it unless you go up against all 49,000 members. Some comments were sexist but i think some were said in a joking manner. Your comment was just ego boosting.

Going up against a representative proportion is proof enough for science, so it'll do for me too.

Of course my comment is ego boosting, i'm attacking the one thing men can't handle: An assault to their ego. The evidence is in the length of this discussion...
How would it be perceived if Lewis Hamilton just said what you said about the other F1 drivers? Rest my case.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :How would it be perceived if Lewis Hamilton just said what you said about the other F1 drivers? Rest my case.

If he said he was faster than the vast majority of them I think most people would accept that's very true.
Glad you've rested it. Even though you ended with a stupid comment. Lewis claiming to be better than the other F1 drivers is rather different to Becky saying she's better than most on an internet forum.

Clearly you have a problem accepting that you might not be as good as a girl. Ha ha ha
I think you two (pearcy and Becky) should fight this out on track during that kart meet
Again it's nothing to do with her being a woman, if a man had said that i would have reacted the same.
Timo is right (and so is Tristan)
I never said i was faster than her, she probably would beat me. I can count on one hand the amoutn of times i've driven a kart.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I never said i was faster than her, she probably would beat me. I can count on one hand the amoutn of times i've driven a kart.

Nominate a second
Quote from Becky Rose :If he said he was faster than the vast majority of them I think most people would accept that's very true.

Stop chatting out of your arse. I take it you didn't see the last race and what he said after it and the reaction to it?
@Becky:

You can't claim something like "i'll be faster than 99.99% of this comunity", because you can't know something like that. There's usually quite a few people who will be faster, even if somebody can do really fast laptimes.

Whenever i went karting, or to the racetrack with my own car, i usually was amongst the top, if not the fastest. But that's a handful of people on a track... mostly "average joes". If you'd really race against all the people in this comunity, chances are very high you'd be beaten by at least 100, if not 1000 people.

It's the same with any talent you have. Be it racing, or music, art, whatever... you might be really good at it, but the probability that there are quite a few people who are even better... is huge! And if you don't think so, it's maybe time to get off that high horse of yours.

And i'm not going to be at the UK kart meeting for sure. Unless you're willing to pay for a flight ticket from switzerland to the UK.

PS: I'm not saying the faster people must all be male, in case you've missed that.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Stop chatting out of your arse. I take it you didn't see the last race and what he said after it and the reaction to it?

I dont bother watching the driver interviews anymore so no. I heard that Webber appologised, and I know Hamilton was suffering red mist - but to answer your question: no.
Quote from Becky Rose :What's sexist?
Women are better at multi-tasking and concurrently processing all of the information coming into the driver.

Im sorry but have you been reading the thread in the first post?

quoting
"I got so distracted by the beautiful sight of Tintern Abbey that I forgot to steer the car"
"As i turned a corner it fell over, without thinking I bent down to stand it up again, completely forgetting that I was driving a car"

Or the real story that I witnessed. Was returning home from the boat, asked a friend to pick me up at the airport. Sat in the back, cause her brother was with her, and he was sitting in the front. I took out my freshly bought cell phone, she NOTICED IT THROUGH THE REARVIEW MIRROR, DROPPED THE WHEEL AND PEDALS, UNBUCKLED HER BELT, TURNED AROUND AND ASKED ME TO SHOW THE PHONE TO HER... it's not really comforting to see the front passenger steering while the driver's ass is pressing the car's horn...

Men are better racers - not really, Men are better drivers - most definetly, due to being able to concentrate on the fact they're in a ton and a bit of metal doing 60 mph. There may be one in a thousand chance that a woman can drive, but while being happy for women all around the world, that still leaves 999 who can't
Quote from jibber :If you'd really race against all the people in this comunity, chances are very high you'd be beaten by at least 100, if not 1000 people.

Well firstly lets not forget the spirit in which the claim was made, that aside, I know i'm good and it's not arrogant to admit you're good when you've already prooven it. I never claimed to be the best, but i'll be damned suprised to find myself outside of the top 100 on this forum in a go kart. Tin tops sure, rally driving hell yes, but in a kart - no. I'm very good, and definitely up there somewhere amongst the best karters on this forum.

Amongst the best karters worldwide: That would be a different matter! I would need some serious cobweb dusting seat time to take on the best in the world, I've done an international race and I know how quick a few of those guys are - and yes, with sufficient funds, track time, and unbroken ribs i'd be there. As none of these things are likely any time soon - no, no i'm not up there.
This thread is closed

Women Drivers !!!
(184 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG