The online racing simulator
Women Drivers !!!
(184 posts, closed, started )
There are some genuinely sexists posts in this thread.

I am above it though, because when it comes to racing - and you ALL think you're racing drivers - I know I'm better than 99.99% of this forum.

I don't regard myself as a 'safe' driver, but only because complacency and arrogance are amongst the most dangerous things on the road: Right after male drivers under 25.
Less women die in road accidents than men, which in my mind makes women better drivers. Admittedly I'm not an expert, but I think that not-dieing is a pretty good benchmark.
#28 - Migz
I wouldn't say that you're exactly the average female though Becky. You're far different from most women.
Most women suck at driving and will somehow flip their car and end in a ditch while reversing. Whereas you as you said will be better then 99.99% of the forum.

Quote from DarkTimes :Less women die in road accidents than men, which in my mind makes women better drivers overall. Admittedly I'm not an expert, but I think that not-dieing is a pretty good benchmark.

Nope, i'd say that just makes them better at not crashing so badly that they die.
Women crash all the time, in the most stupidest of ways.

When a guy crashes he really crashes.
Quote from Becky Rose :There are some genuinely sexists posts in this thread.

I am above it though, because when it comes to racing - and you ALL think you're racing drivers - I know I'm better than 99.99% of this forum.

I don't regard myself as a 'safe' driver, but only because complacency and arrogance are amongst the most dangerous things on the road: Right after male drivers under 25.

What's sexist?

Men are better at spacial awareness and map reading. However we are also more inclined to drive too fast and crash
I work for an insurance company and statistically women cause more claims than men, however around a 1/3 with no one else involved, but regardless the claims caused by men especially young are considerably worse landing us in the s**t for premiums.

And the main causes of accidents on the roads are 'elderly people' but at what age the company I work for defines that I don't know (we follow Zurich rules since they are our main underwriter). Elderly people unfortunately are not only responsible for a very high number of extremely bad accidents but also responsible for a high amount of petty whiplash claims which we usually have to payout on.

Also we also don't insure taxi drivers, what does that tell you?

Pretty much we can generalise about many breeds of drivers, at the end of the day it's unfair to tag any of them as bad drivers even if it is backed through statistics.
Quote from ACCAkut :

driven kilometers | % of all accidents

Men drive more, but actually crash less for the amount of kilometres driven = men crash less than women = proves the (apparently sexist) point that women are worse drivers than men
There's two extremes, women who don't take driving serious enough, and women who take it too seriously, in the way that they are causing more hazard. A man like has been said here, will probably be aware of things around him, but be too confident in thinking they can floor it everywhere.

It saddens me that so many men crash due to thinking they are a better driver than they are, common sense tells me personally to learn my car and the limits of it, but most other guys seem to enjoy bombing down blind country lanes, flat lining roundabouts or just going too damn fast for a corner..

The problem is with any public road, is even if you know the road, you don't know what the grip limit is, or how the condition of the road is, because it changes day to day, a race track will stay in a good condition for a long time, a road inevitably will not, yet people seem to think they can be as fast as the race drivers too on a public road? To me I think the public road and the track are two different discaplines, regardless of how fast you think you and your car can go.
I would disagree. The conditions of racetracks can change incredibly easily. Professional drivers can just adapt well to changes. For example, a car starts leaking a bit of oil, someone goes off the track and gets dirt or gravel on the track when they get back on, the track heats up from the sun, and so on and so forth.
Quote from MadCatX :This post is a serious candidate for the most stupid one on this forum. What the hell is with everyone bashing and laughing at women drivers? Particularly with those of you who don't have their own license yet.

Girls might panic easier and might have worse spacial awareness, but 90% of idiots I've met on streets so far were men...

I tend to lose hope on that when a woman can look directly at me while on her phone and nearly take me off my feet when she saw me walking 10 feet away in a parking lot...

I think men tend to be more aggravated and offensive, where as women seem to be more absent minded and surprised. Only seen a few instances where I can draw my opinion though.
Women shouldnt be allowed to drive, it means that they get out of the kitchen.

[/joke]
Quote from wheel4hummer :I would disagree. The conditions of racetracks can change incredibly easily. Professional drivers can just adapt well to changes. For example, a car starts leaking a bit of oil, someone goes off the track and gets dirt or gravel on the track when they get back on, the track heats up from the sun, and so on and so forth.

Any decent driver will, professional or not. Look at the top half of most grids in the UK (and probably any other country), and you'll see drivers that can adjust for changing track conditions - gravel on the track, oil on the track, resurfacing details etc.

But I agree, a track is just a bit of tarmac like a road. Conditions are just as, if not more, changeable.
Quote from Intrepid :What's sexist?

Men are better at spacial awareness and map reading. However we are also more inclined to drive too fast and crash

What's sexist?

Women are better at multi-tasking and concurrently processing all of the information coming into the driver. Men just put their cock on the throttle and cut everyone up in the name of "I knew I had the spatial awareness to cut in".

Generalising is easy.

Beating me on the race track is harder. See you at the UK kart meet?
Wow Becky, you must be pretty confident to risk looking like a complete arsehole infront of everyone.
From personal experience... women tend to do more stupid things, but generally drive safer.

I've had one accident in my life because i thought i was in perfect control over my car, went too fast, lost it and crashed.

My neighbour managed to hit the wall in her garage, because she didn't realise she had to back out of the garage before she could turn the wheel and make a turn. She also never understood how the steering works when going reverse... always turns in the wrong direction first... they let her pass the driving test after three times however. Fact is: She never had an accident on the road.

@Becky, i highly doubt that you're faster than 99.99% of the people on this forum. And even if you'd be, what kind of argument is that? "Ohh, look, i bet i'm faster than you!"... that's no better than the average "wanna race?" teenager attitude you encounter on the road from stupid male drivers. So yeah...
She's basing it on her karting history, and is only suggesting that the 'race' takes place off the public road. That's no different to me suggesting I'm faster than you.
Yeah, i know she's talking about a kart race on a closed track... still, i don't see how "i'm faster than you" is a valid argument in this discussion (the thread is kinda stupid anyway tho). It's pretty immature.
Several people (men) have said that men are quicker. I think we both know that that is a load of rubbish. Most men are quicker than most women, but mainly, I suspect, because most women don't actually care about trying to go fast.

And of course, there are plenty of girl-racers who are awful at driving [quickly], just like plenty of boy-racers are non-skilled.

Fortunately, nature has provided a quick way to spot the idiots - lowering kits, silly alloy wheels and pointless stickers. And dump valves. Avoid those cars and you'll probably never have an accident
Rudy will kick her ass anyway, let's see what happens when someone else with karting experience from a young age shows up. She ain't faster than 99.9% she can drive a kart but can she drive a car?
Quote from tristancliffe :Several people (men) have said that men are quicker. I think we both know that that is a load of rubbish. Most men are quicker than most women, but mainly, I suspect, because most women don't actually care about trying to go fast.

Spot on.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You forgot to mention what kind of car you drive.

Sorry Ben, thought it was obvious, but I guess it wasn't.

I drive a 94 Honda Civic, with 184k miles and a blown head gasket that I get 35-36 mpg in. That's not relevant to the post though. I was talking about both of us driving her Mazda. She doesn't speed ever and gets 19 mpg. I speed all the time and get 24 mpg, in the Mazda.

She will hold speed going down the hill and let the truck lose speed up the next hill causing her to apply more throttle. I will let the truck pick up speed downhill so that I need less throttle on the uphill. Our work commute road is like a roller coaster.
Quote from jibber :@Becky, i highly doubt that you're faster than 99.99% of the people on this forum.

There are 40,652 members of this forum. Whilst the yearly kart meets only feature a handful of the forum members i've been at the sharp end in all those i've attended. 99.99% was plucked from the air, and would imply i'm the 6th fastest in a kart out of this forum membership. That's more or less in the right ball park, i'd certainly be in the top 20. There'll be a few quicker i'm sure but I highly doubt that there's nobody here who I couldn't beat even if they would beat me on average, especially with half a days seat time behind me to blow the cobwebs off (I only get in a kart 2 or 3 times a year thesedays). If you'd care to challange that, please come along to a LFS kart meet - I'll be there.

Quote from jibber :Yeah, i know she's talking about a kart race on a closed track... still, i don't see how "i'm faster than you" is a valid argument in this discussion

It goes back to the first page, where my post stated something along the lines of this is a load of sexist clap trap, and so I challenged the male stereotype of being fast - highlighting that everyone here thinks they're racing drivers to some degree or other - and that I was quicker than the vast majority. It's the same kind of teasing that postee's in this thread are saying women are dangerous, i'm saying men aren't as good as they think they are: Bring it on (and backing it up by saying where and when i'll be racing in an event you can take part in yourself).

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Rudy will kick her ass anyway, let's see what happens when someone else with karting experience from a young age shows up.

If Rudy comes to the kart meet i'd love to race him. I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable race no matter who wins. FTR, I didn't start karts young - I had to wait until I was earning my own money in my late teens before I got in a kart. I won my first race by a country mile (1st in class, 2nd overall), won my first [club] championship. Repeated the title win, and have raced sporadically since. I've only done about ~50-60 races. I either win or am right at the sharp end in every race I do, no matter who the competition is (and i've raced some big names).

Quote :She ain't faster than 99.9% she can drive a kart but can she drive a car?

Amusingly I had an accident the other day. I pulled out of a cross roads when an old lady opposite decided to do the same shortly after (and somewhat faster). It was a large cross-roads so I didnt need to jam on my anchors but I did slow to stop, and was then hit from beyind by a young lad who wasnt prepared to stop if he had too.

I never claimed to be safe anyway. I'm just saying i'm faster than most of you, and you're ego's are going to have to put up with that unless you come to the next LFS kart meet.
You've all ruined my thread !!!
Read the linked post and laugh at the silly women laughing at themselves.

I'm not doing this any more
You don't know what anyone is capable of though becky, I'm obviously contradicting myself here by saying you wouldn't beat 99% but you can't base your speed against people at the kart meet and compare it to the forum I relon I could name 20 people who would be faster than you in a car or kart from lfs.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You don't know what anyone is capable of though becky, I'm obviously contradicting myself here by saying you wouldn't beat 99% but you can't base your speed against people at the kart meet and compare it to the forum I relon I could name 20 people who would be faster than you in a car or kart from lfs.

The kart meet is a good measure of speed in a go kart of this userbase because it consists of the userbase (even drivers from outside the UK) and puts them in go karts. Am I missing something obvious here?

I never said I was the best driver here in a go kart on this forum, but I am saying i'd be right up there, and i'm prepared to provenance it by turning up to the official meets and racing. I'm not even bothered to get the best kart and fastest team mates - I go for the fun of it, but I guarantee i'll be amongst the quickest no matter who comes. If your ego can't take that a woman can be every bit as quick as a man, then boo hoo .
Quote from Becky Rose :The kart meet is a good measure of speed in a go kart of this userbase because it consists of the userbase (even drivers from outside the UK) and puts them in go karts. Am I missing something obvious here?

Yep. Most members of the userbase did not show up. I'm sure you didn't race me or 49999 other people who didn't show up.

Quote from Becky Rose :I never said I was the best driver here in a go kart on this forum, but I am saying i'd be right up there, and i'm prepared to provenance it by turning up to the official meets and racing. I'm not even bothered to get the best kart and fastest team mates - I go for the fun of it, but I guarantee i'll be amongst the quickest no matter who comes. If your ego can't take that a woman can be every bit as quick as a man, then boo hoo.

You might be a very, very fast kart driver, but there are more very fast drivers in this community. Because you don't know every LFS player's karting skills, you might need to be a little bit more careful with your claims A top 50 position seems more plausible to me.

I'm reasonably quick in a kart, but I'm still way behind fast drivers like you or Rudy. I won't beat you, but others might.
This thread is closed

Women Drivers !!!
(184 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG