Quote from Thunderlips :Ok i can see in the bottom
A reminder :
- The new physics will be a free update for all LFS users
- The VW Scirocco will be available to S1 and S2 license holders

And where do i find these updates?

You will get it when it is ready
Cool. Thanks for the patch!
Keep up the great work.
Quote from Scawen :As morpha suggests, you'd better check the .xyz files in the data\misc folder and see if somehow they have become read-only (right click and view properties).

I think this is also a known problem for Vista or Windows 7 users who install LFS in their Program Files folder, which can cause problems because the operating system starts doing funny things with user accounts, duplicating files and so on. The solution : DO NOT install LFS in the Program Files folder!

On the subject of unlocks, I forgot yesterday to update everyone's available unlocks to three. Sorry about that - it's done now, so it's as if everyone has a brand new license.

i checked the files and they were read only, so i changed them back, but they keep changeing back to read-only. if i get one of my friends to send my their files would that work?
Quote from Hurley24 :i checked the files and they were read only, so i changed them back, but they keep changeing back to read-only. if i get one of my friends to send my their files would that work?

No, the files from someone else's computer will not work on yours.

What I would ask at this point is : why do they keep changing back to read-only?

Can you tell us which OS are you using and which folder is your LFS installed in?

If you prefer, you could send a mail to Victor using this link : https://www.lfs.net/?page=mailus
Quote from nl2dav :Not true.. I just updated Z25 to Z28 with the auto update function.

You get it only when you hit 'display online hosts' (not if you join a specific server)

W7 32bit

Yes you are rigth, but this can be a bug too, so need to update ever when you go online. Not with this minor updates, but yes with a big update (changin physics)
Quote from Scawen :No, the files from someone else's computer will not work on yours.

What I would ask at this point is : why do they keep changing back to read-only?

Can you tell us which OS are you using and which folder is your LFS installed in?

If you prefer, you could send a mail to Victor using this link : https://www.lfs.net/?page=mailus

i am on vista and my lfs folder is on my desktop

EDIT: just fixed it, i moved my lfs folder into my user folder and everything works fine now
whats this about selecting desired file associations on the installer? I am confuz
I have the exact same problem as LRB_aly is reffering to in this post: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1306184#post1306184.

It started after the UDP option was implemented, and i have the same problem on both my laptop and my stationary. Both Win7 32 bit.

However, in difference to Aly, i'm able to join the hosts via the "Join specific host", even though it doesent show in the connection list (i get "no reply" from about 100 hosts, with TCP set to "yes"). I'm using a Inteno X5668 router. I have no clue on port forwarding and such, so if this is the problem i could use some help

Btw, I have tried turning off my firewall without any luck.
Quote from Hurley24 :i am on vista and my lfs folder is on my desktop...

Desktop is also one of those special folders that sometimes "protect" a bit too much.
I might of missed this but the Limited setup system is bugging me,
does this mean all the setups i have will not be abal to use when this update comes? would i still be abal to drop or rase, stiff or losen the car, change the gearing as short or as long as i want. Basically Still do everthing that we can do now?
If not then i just can't see this working, Because Racers, Drifters and the Drags need completely different setups
LFS will not be the same if Limiting the setups.

How is this all going to work?
Quote from Mr_0ddball :I might of missed this but the Limited setup system is bugging me,
does this mean all the setups i have will not be abal to use when this update comes? would i still be abal to drop or rase, stiff or losen the car, change the gearing as short or as long as i want. Basically Still do everthing that we can do now?
If not then i just can't see this working, Because Racers, Drifters and the Drags need completely different setups
LFS will not be the same if Limiting the setups.

How is this all going to work?

Why are you posting this in 2 threads?

And you WILL be able to make the "old" setups, the limited setups will probably be a host option, like forced cockpit view etc.
I now tested connecting to the server list at my school with my laptop and it works as it should here....I guess my problem is either my modem or my isp then.
Quote from audimasta :I now tested connecting to the server list at my school with my laptop and it works as it should here....I guess my problem is either my modem or my isp then.

I don't know if it related, but after upgrading to win7 i could not sign on to MSN messenger.
The fix was to disable the TCP/IP auto tuning, as apparently some routers don't like it.

It is easy, and reversible so must be worth a try...

Open up a command prompt with admin privileges.
Type 'netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled'

To re-enable:

Open up a command prompt with admin privileges.
Type 'netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=enabled'
Thank you BeanO. Will try it when i'm home later today I'll let you know if it worked or not.

EDIT: It didn't work Still the same amount of "no reply" servers. I can't seem to re-enable the auto tuning with the description you gave me either beano, it just says "the parameter is incorrect" when i type "netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=enabled".
grafik problem
z28 and ATI don't work together see for your self!

in z25 i don't have the problem

Quote from thomas poulsen :z28 and ATI don't work together see for your self!

Are you running a crossfire combo? Make sure Catalyst A.I. is in normal mode, this looks like the Advanced mode is messing with the tiling.
Quote from audimasta :Thank you BeanO. Will try it when i'm home later today I'll let you know if it worked or not.

EDIT: It didn't work Still the same amount of "no reply" servers. I can't seem to re-enable the auto tuning with the description you gave me either beano, it just says "the parameter is incorrect" when i type "netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=enabled".

Try 'netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal', sorry.
I am Having JOOS CAR errors... Is it my computer or is it the new update?
With no test patch forum I post here.

I have a problem/bug and is doing a full screen in Win7 some times only I see a black screen (I'm using 3 screens with TH2GO 3840x1024), if I press shift+F9 it go to full screen I see the main menu and instantly it go to windows desktop again, if I click on the LFS icon on the task bar, again go to LFS and return to windows desktop.

Is strange because I restart LFS 2 times and no changes in the problem, only I can saw LFS in windowed mode (with shift+F4) so I the cam to record, first I put on english language and then I put the 3840x1024 and.. all run fine again. So the problem it is not the language because when I was writing this I test again and I had the same problem when push shift+F9. The only way to restore it with Shift+F4 and the put the rigth resolution.

That's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsOxPuKnuhc

What I made in the video was... I click on full screen TH2GO resolution, go to black screen, I press shift+F4, then another low resolution (1 monitor) show for a teenth LFS on screen an minimize automacaly to windows task bar, I click on the task bar icon, and again show for a teenth and minimize again, again I click on icon and speedy shift+F4, click on the full screen TH2GO resolution and works.

The problem is now I can't do fullscreen only works in windowed mode. I have a nVidia 8800GT with the lastest drivers and W7 32-bit. The problem was become after Z25~Z28 and it is randomize (like in the video), sometimes works sometimes no...
In graphics options set 'Full Scene Antialiasing' to none then try again.

If that fixes it it could be the same problem I and others are having at higher resolutions with TH2G and Win 7.
Quote from thomas poulsen :z28 and ATI don't work together see for your self!

Looks like massive graphics card overheating... have you overclocked your system?
Hey!

I think it would be nice to have some sort of profile saving.

I just had to copy all my files from Z25 folder to Z28 one, could this be avoided in the future with a profile import feature or something?

Another thing i think should be nice would be a gfx configurator. It would run a few tests to figure out what the best graphic config would be best suited for your PC. Or maybe having an option list to let you chose which config you want to use. Like "best performance" or "best quality".

Just an idea!

Cheers and keep up the great work Scavier!
Mine doesn't want to connect to the master server :/ nothing comes up on the firewall about it
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG