Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
"For my birthday I wish S3 release "
Quote from rockclan :"For my birthday I wish S3 release "

Looks Like your Not getting that birthday present
:sadbanana
Quote from Jordan2007 :Looks Like your Not getting that birthday present

That was actually a quote from myself.
Which I answered to my mom when she asked what I wanted for my birthday.
So I finally got round to installing this. I ticked all the association boxes etc, and tried to join a server, but I just get a page with this error message:

Quote :File not found

Firefox can't find the file at lfs://join=[SR] Race Server 2.

What am I doing wrong?
Try restarting firefox.
Also, what helped me - go to firefox preferences, find lfs there and change executable to lfs.exe
Quote from Gil07 :So I finally got round to installing this. I ticked all the association boxes etc, and tried to join a server, but I just get a page with this error message:

What am I doing wrong?

If Firefox gives an error when clicking on lfs server links, it is because you have to tell him how to open the lfs:// protocol:
In the adress bar, type about:config
Some menu with lots of textlines will open.
Rightclick and and click on New, Boolean
As name enter: network.protocol-handler.expose.lfs
Set Value = False

Then click on a join-link.
A window will open where you have to select your LFS.exe (Like c:\games\LFS\LFS.exe)
Tada! Now its possible to join servers by clicking on links in Firefox.

This worked for me on Windows XP with Firefox 3.5.7
Hmm, ill post this again. In clean Z28 i have no indicator lights on the dashboard. Any clue whys that? For now its not clean install anymore, revolution packs and all that stuff is on but i never had indicator lights so it doesnt make a difference. Not sure, may the dashboard png file be bugged? Like, no transparent area or something. Dashboard indicator lights work on every other car except XR's.

Attached images
nolights.jpg
You may find that the seat position that you are in is stopping you from seeing the lights on the dash. I think they are on either side of the petrol guage, and that they are in line with the top of the steering wheel. Try adjusting the seating position maybe.

Dave / LTC MadScot
Quote from hazaky :Hmm, ill post this again. In clean Z28 i have no indicator lights on the dashboard. Any clue whys that? For now its not clean install anymore, revolution packs and all that stuff is on but i never had indicator lights so it doesnt make a difference. Not sure, may the dashboard png file be bugged? Like, no transparent area or something. Dashboard indicator lights work on every other car except XR's.

I think is some problem with the XRdialsALP24.dds...... I have that one when I go from Z15 to Z25.....Every dash light (indicators,lights,brakes,abs) was not there but only in vitrual dash(lower part of pick).... If not,sorry Idk...
Ive tryed the custom view at close up position, nothing. It might be the XRdials file, ill look that up and maybe resave it with correct interlacing and transparent areas Anyone else that cant see dials with clean Z28 installation?
Here is the XRdialsALP24 file (for the data\dds folder).
Attached files
XRdialsALP24.zip - 63.2 KB - 271 views
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess most people have the Z28 version so I'll close this thread now.
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z28
(188 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG